[COMPLETE] Men Like Gods by H. G. Wells - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
powellb

Post by powellb »

Hi all,

Just checking in in anticipation for release of this book! Any word on completion?

Thanks,

Brian
pyfeman43

Post by pyfeman43 »

Hello!
Section 8 ready for PL...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_08_wells_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 39:41

Marcus (pyfeman43)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi, I was looking at the MW and noticed Section 14. It says. OPEN, but there is a LISTEN link there which appears to be section 14. Should I go ahead and PL it?

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

pyfeman43 wrote: January 13th, 2020, 10:19 pm Hello!

Marcus (pyfeman43)
Thanks!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

aniroo wrote: January 13th, 2020, 10:30 pm Hi, I was looking at the MW and noticed Section 14. It says. OPEN, but there is a LISTEN link there which appears to be section 14. Should I go ahead and PL it?

Thanks,
aniroo
Hi!
Thank you for noticing this. Please PL the chapter.
Thanks!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Kikisaulite wrote: January 17th, 2020, 5:18 am
aniroo wrote: January 13th, 2020, 10:30 pm Hi, I was looking at the MW and noticed Section 14. It says. OPEN, but there is a LISTEN link there which appears to be section 14. Should I go ahead and PL it?

Thanks,
aniroo
Hi!
Thank you for noticing this. Please PL the chapter.
Thanks!

Kiki, could you please check your PM. I'm having a problem with the MW. Thanks, aniroo
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

aniroo wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:23 am

Kiki, could you please check your PM. I'm having a problem with the MW. Thanks, aniroo
I do not see any PMs from you... :hmm:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Kikisaulite wrote: January 17th, 2020, 1:48 pm
aniroo wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:23 am

I do not see any PMs from you... :hmm:
Sorry, I've sent 2. I just check my SEnt Messages and my OUTbox and they aren't there. :help: Anyway, the sections are out of order in the MW and the section that is the SEction 14 place is Book 3 Chapter 2. Loiterer in a Living world. It should be in the section 13 if the sections are in order and I don't believe they are. I don't have a clue how to fix it and I want to PL the section, it is correct, but not in the correct order. :help: :oops:

thanks,
aniroo
wish I knew what happened to the PM. I sent one a week or so ago about the same issue.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

aniroo wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Sorry, I've sent 2. I just check my SEnt Messages and my OUTbox and they aren't there. :help: Anyway, the sections are out of order in the MW and the section that is the SEction 14 place is Book 3 Chapter 2. Loiterer in a Living world. It should be in the section 13 if the sections are in order and I don't believe they are. I don't have a clue how to fix it and I want to PL the section, it is correct, but not in the correct order. :help: :oops:

thanks,
aniroo
wish I knew what happened to the PM. I sent one a week or so ago about the same issue.
You are right, sections were out of order.
Well, it happens sometimes... it is very easy to accidentaly drag a line to some other place in the MW and all order is confused. It is very handy sometimes, but mostly causes problems. I put the sections in correct order now, I believe.

Wonder why the PMs did not deliver though... :hmm:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Kikisaulite wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:13 pm
aniroo wrote: January 17th, 2020, 2:04 pm

thanks,
aniroo
You are right, sections were out of order.
Well, it happens sometimes... it is very easy to accidentaly drag a line to some other place in the MW and all order is confused. It is very handy sometimes, but mostly causes problems. I put the sections in correct order now, I believe.

Wonder why the PMs did not deliver though... :hmm:

Thanks. I OK that section and I'll get to the other one, now that I know things are in order. Maybe I'll sentn another PM just to see if I'm doint something wrong.

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 14 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

Well read :D

Sorry this has taken so long. There was a problem with the MW. That's been fixed now.

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Kikisaulite wrote: January 17th, 2020, 5:17 am
pyfeman43 wrote: January 13th, 2020, 10:19 pm Hello!

Marcus (pyfeman43)
Thanks!

Section 8 PL NOTES:
1. It was beautifully read, enjoyed it very much. Delightful voices especially for the chauffeur, whatever his name is. :)
2. At 2:00 it got very quiet and I had to rewind and listen again after turning up the volume. The low voume lasted for a few minutes , maybe til 6:45 or so. If you could amplify it a little it would help a lot.
3. At 18:40 was the opposite problem. It got VERY loud quickly. If you could take a look and then de-amplify that part of it, it would not be so much like a big Shout!

Thanks, Those two quick fixes and it will be good to OK!

aniroo
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Sections 4-5-6 and 10 are orphaned and available for readers.
And back to Readers Wanted we go!
pyfeman43

Post by pyfeman43 »

aniroo,

Thanks so much! I'll make the changes this weekend and resend, along with Chapter 7 ready for PL :)

Marcus

"Section 8 PL NOTES:
1. It was beautifully read, enjoyed it very much. Delightful voices especially for the chauffeur, whatever his name is. :)
2. At 2:00 it got very quiet and I had to rewind and listen again after turning up the volume. The low voume lasted for a few minutes , maybe til 6:45 or so. If you could amplify it a little it would help a lot.
3. At 18:40 was the opposite problem. It got VERY loud quickly. If you could take a look and then de-amplify that part of it, it would not be so much like a big Shout!

aniroo"
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

:thumbs:
pyfeman43 wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:57 am aniroo,

Thanks so much! I'll make the changes this weekend and resend, along with Chapter 7 ready for PL :)

Marcus

"Section 8 PL NOTES:

aniroo"

:thumbs: