COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 013 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I'll bite. I can't resist the opportunity to give Chris hell, so I'll take Katie. I know it's all about attitude. :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:59 pm I can't resist the opportunity to give Chris hell.

Sonia
It’s a career move.

I can’t help thinking that the non-speaking role of the hulking Welshman ‘Bongo’ Williams who comes in at the end and runs Chopsey out of Katie’s place will be supplied in spirit by Todd. He’s just got back from the beach where he told me he went to “hang ten”. Struth, in my day, they just used to kick sand in your face... :shock:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:02 amI think I've added everything that could possibly be needed for the dram pers now.
indeed now all is in. I don't even think the servants had a speaking role, so we probably won't need them, but let's leave them in for the time being. It's PL ok now. Thank you, Rob. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:45 pmHere's 'Chopsey' Ryan, the Luuurve Doctor, having been kicked out by Katie in favour of 'Bongo' Williams.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/womantamer_chopseyryan_esson.mp3
just had a listen to your performance, Chris (to warm up to this :lol: ) Well, you are going at it hammer and tongs in the beginning. I have an idea or two how to react to this :mrgreen:

Chopsey all PL ok. Great job. But Katie still won't take you back in, oh no, matey.

Thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wow. Wonderful. I had recorded Old Ben cringing in terror at you before I heard your lines, and boy I can see why he was a cringin'! Terrifying! Whew. PL OK

(By the way, you left plenty of space between major lines in the file, but when there are stage directions in the middle one of your lines, you should leave more space there too to make editing in the stage directions easier. No need to changing anything in this file though.)

Thanks, Todd
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

Glad you liked it! I will keep the note in mind for the future.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and finally here is Katie, the tart with no heart :mrgreen: now I had FUN doing this role. And Todd, you can count yourself lucky to have declined the Chopsey role, you may have had a hard time getting over my treatment of you. :lol: I guess Chris can take it...probably licking his wounds for a week or two, but he'll recover...anyway, it was his idea in the first place. As they say: whom the gods want to punish, they give them what they most desire.

Chris, I fear Katie may have a European touch again, but it's all about attitude, as you said...and I think she's got a bad-ass attitude. 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/womantamer_katie_esson.mp3
Recording time: 9:50 min.

Sonnia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, glad I left you to Chris, whose bruises I hope heal soon! PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:57 am Well, glad I left you to Chris, whose bruises I hope heal soon! PL OK.
oh that was fast ! Thank you :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Didn't think it would mellow out with aging....

Maybe I'll practice being the strong silent type and play Bongo.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 25th, 2020, 11:01 am Maybe I'll practice being the strong silent type and play Bongo.
:lol: that would have been an idea for a real stage performance. She is nicer with the policeman, so that would be a role for you ;)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

By George, I think she’s got it!

Wow, you’ve heard of Jekyl-Hyde, this is the Kitty-Katie transformation! :shock:

Without actually swearing, you’ve managed to capture the spirit of the Henry Lawson gangland poem “The Captain of the Push”.

“And the language that (s)he muttered I should scarcely like to tell.
(Stars! and notes of exclamation!! blank and dash will do as well).”

Todd-Bongo, I fear Katie is not going to rest until you are known around LV as “The Leader of the Pack”. :wink: Compulsory wearing of leather jackets at all LV Admin teleconferences, etc. I can just hear Ava making the necessary introductions to any newbie admins...

“No, they’re not really a gang ... just an exceptionally disreputable Molière troupe.”

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

My two initial claims are ready:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovemagic_pierrot_sierra.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sicilian_donpedro_moliere.mp3

I'd like to take Smith the Liar in "The Woman Tamer" for another! :)
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 25th, 2020, 2:49 pm By George, I think she’s got it!

Wow, you’ve heard of Jekyl-Hyde, this is the Kitty-Katie transformation! :shock:

Without actually swearing, you’ve managed to capture the spirit of the Henry Lawson gangland poem “The Captain of the Push”.

“And the language that (s)he muttered I should scarcely like to tell.
(Stars! and notes of exclamation!! blank and dash will do as well).”

Todd-Bongo, I fear Katie is not going to rest until you are known around LV as “The Leader of the Pack”. :wink: Compulsory wearing of leather jackets at all LV Admin teleconferences, etc. I can just hear Ava making the necessary introductions to any newbie admins...

“No, they’re not really a gang ... just an exceptionally disreputable Molière troupe.”

Cheers,
Chris
I fear that there are only a handful of Moliere plays left for us to do - so we can't remain too long in that troupe. We'll more likely have to be known as the Poor Players of Pinero for the next few years.

Thanks, Todd