COMPLETE[PLAY]The Conscious Lovers by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I did read the epilogue "just in case" so feel free to ignore it. I agree that the stage directions person reading it would fit in nicely :thumbs:
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 14th, 2020, 8:01 am I did read the epilogue "just in case" so feel free to ignore it.
That's lucky. I didn't read the epilogue as Steele says it is "intended to be read by Indiana". Editing act 5 now.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2020, 4:47 am > at about 16:43: missed line: "sings". Since there only a few words of the song included, I suspect that Tomas will only start the beginning in a sing-song and then it would be nice to include the stage directions to specifiy that he goes on singing
> at 17:48: "aside to Sir John" – here you can cut out "Humphrey" as it's not the first sentence that is the aside
apart from this one, you did a really great job in getting all the asides correctly :thumbs: thanks so much
Act 1 narrator, back for spot PL. Thanks Sonia.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Here are the remaining stage directions for your listening delight.

In several places it's not entirely obvious which lines are to be read as 'aside', so there may be points at which I've read the actor's name where it will turn out not to be needed. It doesn't help that sometimes the stage diection is printed before the line, and sometimes after. Hopefully Todd can ignore anything he doesn't need.

Anyway, here they are:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_2_128kb.mp3 @2:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_3_128kb.mp3 @2:14
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_4_128kb.mp3 @2:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_5_128kb.mp3 @3:58
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MichaelMaggs wrote: January 14th, 2020, 9:28 am
Rapunzelina wrote: January 14th, 2020, 8:01 am I did read the epilogue "just in case" so feel free to ignore it.
That's lucky. I didn't read the epilogue as Steele says it is "intended to be read by Indiana". Editing act 5 now.
Sounds like I will have exactly what I need then.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: January 14th, 2020, 10:09 amAct 1 narrator, back for spot PL.
thank you, Michael, PL ok now. Will get to the rest soon !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: January 14th, 2020, 10:16 amIn several places it's not entirely obvious which lines are to be read as 'aside', so there may be points at which I've read the actor's name where it will turn out not to be needed. It doesn't help that sometimes the stage diection is printed before the line, and sometimes after.
you're right, sometimes it's very confusing. The narrator really has to do some detective work in these old plays to get it right :lol:

For most of the time I agree with your suggestions, I found a few places where I think it's optional or where it's really needed or not. Will note them all down below. All in all a greaz job though, as always. Thank you so much Michael.

Act 4 already PL ok, the others have a few notes for your consideration:

Act 2:

> at about 0:32: missed line: "going"
> at 0:56: "apart" – here "Isabella" can get cut, the second part of the sentence seems more likely to be the aside
> at 1:17: "bowing respectfully" – this is optional, but in my opinion we don't need "Bevil junior" here. He can well bow at the end or in the middle of his speech.

Act 3:

> at 0:32: "Phillis, aside" – I think here we need the name included, she says all of this as aside
> at 0:34: "Tom, aside" – same here, it's the first sentence that is the aside
> at 0:43: "kissing her hand" – here Tom can get cut, such notes often get included after the speech, probably optional though
> at 0:50: "offers to kiss her more closely" – same here, optional to cut Tom
> at about 1:29: missed line "Lucinda, aside" (there are two in a row ;) )

Act 5:

> at 0:33: "exit Mrs Sealand" – you only say "Seal"
> at 3:40: "discovers himself" – here again, optional to cut "Myrtle", I think the discovering can well come after the exclamation
> at about 3:49: missed lines: "Epilogue by Mr Welsted, intended to be spoken by Indiana" – not sure if we need to include the credits here, but "Epilogue" definitely needs to be spoken by the narrator. Todd: do you want the whole sentence included ? :hmm:

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

For Act 5, I think just "Epilogue" is enough - which I can do when editing.

Thanks, Todd
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Narrator acts 2, 3, 5 ready for spot PL. I've amended the things requested, but not the optional points since, as we discussed, most of those depend on decisions to be taken during final editing - and I've deliberately recorded these to give Todd some options in case he needs them.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_narrator_5_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: January 15th, 2020, 7:38 amI've amended the things requested, but not the optional points since, as we discussed, most of those depend on decisions to be taken during final editing - and I've deliberately recorded these to give Todd some options in case he needs them.
yes that is optimal, and you have left a bit of space after the name, so it can easily get cut out if needed. :thumbs: All PL ok now. Thank you, Michael

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Just realized Myrtle is actually a male, so my voice might actually work for the character. Volunteering if its still available?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: January 17th, 2020, 11:27 am Just realized Myrtle is actually a male, so my voice might actually work for the character. Volunteering if its still available?
ahhhh, I convinced you ;) you'll be excellent for the part. :9: Thanks, Adam, looking forward to this.

that makes us fully claimed 8-)

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

How is Cimberton pronounced?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news