[solo] Grampa In Oz by Ruth Plumly Thompson - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

philchenevert wrote: January 13th, 2020, 2:09 pm Yaaa. Go 49ers! Obviously they don't choke like the Saints in playoffs, eh?

Chapters 15 and 16 have been fixed and uploaded again. Image
Nice! Both PL OK.

I guess they don't choke (or at least this game). They are still a young team with a lot to prove though. I have a feeling they may get overconfident. We'll see.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

And they're all together. A lot must happen in these next chapters. But for now, Chapter 17:

Plumy

2:51/7:33/7:36 – ‘Vere’ incorrectly pronounced
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Now Urtha is gone? I hope they find her soon. Chapter 18:

Plumy

2:24 – heard ‘spaniel’ instead of ‘Spaniard’

2:36/6:24 – wrong ‘Vere’ pronunciation

10:07 – heard ‘wicker gate’ instead of ‘wicket gate’
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapters 17 and 18 have been corrected and uploaded. Poor Percy Vere just can't seem to get his name pronounced the same twice. tsk. For being a pun he should not mind but he does!

Your accurate pin pointing of errors makes it soooo easy for me to fix them. thanks.

Don't worry about little Urtha. She will pop up and be someone you may not have suspected in this convoluted and strange tale. :shock:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
lymiewithpurpose

philchenevert wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:25 pm Chapters 17 and 18 have been corrected and uploaded. Poor Percy Vere just can't seem to get his name pronounced the same twice. tsk. For being a pun he should not mind but he does!

Your accurate pin pointing of errors makes it soooo easy for me to fix them. thanks.

Don't worry about little Urtha. She will pop up and be someone you may not have suspected in this convoluted and strange tale. :shock:
Nice work! PL OK. Yes, as long as names are pronounced similarly I normally don't comment, but his being a pun called for extra detail I found.

Glad the notes are easy to fix!

I suspected she might be Percy's princess for a while, but they met and he did not recognize her, so I am unsure.

Ah, I am exhausted and was going to save this for a while, but I just saw most of these chapters are short and may plow through the rest of the initial PLs today.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

I was right about Urtha! I wonder how Percy didn't recognize her. Chapter 19:

Loud at 92.3 dbs

Plumy

0:39/7:42/12:41 – Vere

12:45 -stumble ‘he’d s-never even seen’

12:43 – extra ‘s’ sound

Ending noise a bit loud
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 20:

Loud at 94.4 dbs

Plumy

Ending noise is loud
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Now they disappear? They can't do anything smoothly! Chapter 21:

Loud at 93.9 dbs

Plumy

2:11 – repeat of ‘breathless’
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 22:
Plumy (remember at the end too)

My only other possibly non issue is that you said in the ending disclaimer that it was recorded in December of 2019. Could that potentially cause problems, since it wasn’t in the Public Domain then? Of course, this is speaking from a non Public Domain expert who is trying to learn all of the rules.

This was quite a fun book, with a nice and satisfying ending. Of course, you read it wonderfully, and it was full of energy and excitement. Thanks for letting me PL!
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thank you Campbell for a delightful experience in the wacky world of Oz. I have made the corrections in 19, 20, 21 and 22 and uploaded them. I reduced the volume in each of them but even is they are still a bit loud that is OK; I will adjust all of 'em in the validation process.

Good note about the PD status of this. It is fine to record anything at any time, just not to post it or put it into our catalog before it is PD, which it is now.
LibriVox has to be very careful and I agree completely.

On the other hand, most people are not aware that they can record their favorite book and put it into the Internet Archive on their own even if it was published yesterday. LibriVox is not involved at all and they are free to do as they wish. I have things in IA just because I wanted to do them but they weren't appropriate for LV. Of course few people see them but that is not the point. :D
lymiewithpurpose

Chapters 19, 21, and 22 are OK. I am still getting the old file for 20.

Thanks for the PD explanation. This is such a wacky and complicated (but necessary) law. I hope one day that I will know all the ins and outs of it. I'm just glad I'm not in another country besides the US where I have to figure two different rules.
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapter 20 has been fixed again and the proper file uploaded. (fingers crossed, knock on wood and any other superstition applicable) :roll:
lymiewithpurpose

philchenevert wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:40 am Chapter 20 has been fixed again and the proper file uploaded. (fingers crossed, knock on wood and any other superstition applicable) :roll:
Well that superstition worked, as it is now PL OK! This was quite a fun adventure.
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project is complete and can be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/grampa-in-oz-by-ruth-plumly-thompson/

Thank you again Campbell. :clap:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Phil - because there are no section titles, there is no way to save the 128kb files from the catalog page - no chapter titles or numbers.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart