[COMPLETE][History][Geography]World's Story 10: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Kitty wrote: January 8th, 2020, 11:47 am
eringrassie wrote: January 8th, 2020, 11:17 amI'll scoop up all your 1 pagers:
8,9,11,15,16,20,24,29,34,38,42 aaaaaaaannnddd 45
I've set a challenge (a stern suggestion to myself) to record something every day (within reason) and this will really get me started (at some point this week). :lol:
a page a day so to speak ? Sounds like a cool endeavour and one that is feasible. Now you have peer-pressure, having so openly set your challenge into the forum :mrgreen:

Welcome to this project, Erin, and thank you for taking part. Looking forward to your bits drizzling in. You have claimed many paintings, so please read the second post carefully, where I pointed out the special instructions for this project on how to correctly say the intro for those.

Thanks and have fun

Sonia
Got it! Thanks for putting the title info in the MW. I was going to ask you where to put the page #... and it was already there!

Also, do I use the short disclaimer for these? "Section [number (the MW number?)] of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, read for LibriVox.org by..."

Lastly, it looks like I completely missed the other half of the one pagers! I'll come back for whatever hasn't been claimed when I'm done with these.
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eringrassie wrote: January 8th, 2020, 12:11 pmGot it! Thanks for putting the title info in the MW. I was going to ask you where to put the page #... and it was already there!
yes to make it easy, I put the complete "title" in the MW as it should be read
Also, do I use the short disclaimer for these? "Section [number (the MW number?)] of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, read for LibriVox.org by..."
yes for all sections under 2 pages you can use the short disclaimer. It's also marked in the MW in the notes section. (in pink, where the full disclaimer should be read)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: January 8th, 2020, 1:41 am
alanmapstone wrote: January 7th, 2020, 8:55 amSection 37 - Burial of Sir John Moore (time 2:55)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_037_tappan_128kb.mp3
This is the first PL ok for this project :thumbs:
Thank you
Sonia
First claim and first PL ok :D

Can I add section 96, another very short poem.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 8th, 2020, 10:05 pm Can I add section 96, another very short poem.
thank you, Alan, sure :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 9:53 amHere is Section 3--I am the worst at the Scottish accent, so why do I keep choosing selections requiring a Scottish accent? :hmm:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_003_tappan_128kb.mp3
you acquitted yourself of it quite well, Jim. Good practice with Uncle Adam already :mrgreen: I liked it very much and was able to understand the king.

Absolutely PL ok. Thank you so much !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

If you say so. I guess I can imagine what it should be and find mine wooden by comparison. But enough said about that. Thanks, Sonia! Jim
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Quick question for section 45 Balaclava. The text reads:

... ground to the Russian batteries was given, there were, as Tennyson says, —

"Cannon in front of them."

There was a battery in front and on each flank, and Russian riflemen on both sides. Every soldier realized the hopelessness of the charge and knew that

"Some one had blundered";

but military discipline prevailed,

Should this be read straight or add "quote" before the quotes for clarity?

Tennyson says, — quote "Cannon in front of them." There was a battery in front ...... charge and knew that quote "Some one had blundered"; but military discipline...

Thx
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

eringrassie wrote:Should this be read straight or add "quote" before the quotes for clarity?

Tennyson says, — quote "Cannon in front of them." There was a battery in front ...... charge and knew that quote "Some one had blundered"; but military discipline...
No need for quotes, it messes up the flow of the text too much. If you wish you can maybe say it in a sort of different voice, but that is up to you. Or a bit of a pause before, but not too much.

thanks for asking :D

Sonia
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

Can I claim section 111
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: January 9th, 2020, 5:49 pm Can I claim section 111
back for more so soon ? :mrgreen: yes, thank you, Patrick. I'll sign you up.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Sonia,

Since I've been a good girl and finished my claimed sections from vol 9. I'd like to claim the following:

5, 10, Malcolm (If it's okay), 61, 71, 98, and 102.

Thanks!!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:41 amSince I've been a good girl and finished my claimed sections from vol 9. I'd like to claim the following:
5, 10, Malcolm (If it's okay), 61, 71, 98, and 102.
good girls get their reward :mrgreen: thank you, Sarah. And wow, so many sections you are interested in. I hope you have fun. And thank you also for taking part in our mini-play.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: January 10th, 2020, 1:44 am good girls get their reward :mrgreen: thank you, Sarah. And wow, so many sections you are interested in. I hope you have fun. And thank you also for taking part in our mini-play.

Sonia
My pleasure. I hope so too! Thank you for having me. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

25-26 and 70 for me please
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JenniferFour wrote: January 10th, 2020, 7:11 am25-26 and 70 for me please
hi and welcome to the project. Thanks for your claims, I'm looking forward to hearing these sections. :9: I'll sign you up.

All the special handling of footnotes and intro disclaimer can be read about in the first two posts. :)

Sonia