Happy New Year 2020!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

*first*

Well, not technically, but it seems Annise has a life, really, and no time to post silly things like "Happy New Year" just after midnight on New Year's Day.

*sigh*
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

So you're in 2020 already? How is the view? :lol:

I remember the whole Y2K thing, and how the world didn't go haywire in Sydney, then Tokyo, then ever westward. So by the time it got to the US, we knew we were safe. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Dark.

:mrgreen:

Goodness yes... People were worried about their vacuum cleaners from the 1980s or something. Hilarious!
Nowadays people have a mental breakdown if facebook is offline for 5 minutes or so. :?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Happy New Year, Availle, and all the "far-easters" here on LV. :birthday: Would interesting to know if we have at least one member from every time-zone.

Still 7 and a half hours for me here.

And yes, I also still remember Y2K...I can't believe this has been 20 years already. Time flies. And to think there are many LV members who weren't even born then. Now I feel old :lol:

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hopefully, 2020 looks good... I have twenty twenty so it should be pretty clear.

Happy New Year to everyone, although at the time of this post I have over 13 hours to go.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Happy New Year
:birthday: (the only festive smiley that we have).
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Happy new year, all. I respectfully say may LV be evergreen!
I also welcomed new year. Because I am a Japanese in Japan.
He runs to the east. He never rests as the ungodly never does.

May peace on the earth!
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Happy New Year everybody!
It's kind of scary how it's already going to be 2020 :shock: Well it's been a good year everyone and God bless you all!
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑December 31st, 2019, 12:34 pm Happy New Year everybody!
It's kind of scary how it's already going to be 2020 :shock: Well it's been a good year everyone and God bless you all!
God bless you too! 2020 will be even better I hope. Still 45 minutes away from me... I'm logging off for the night but see you all in 2020!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

The New Year just arrived in New York State a few minutes ago. Happy 2020, everyone!
TriciaG wrote: ↑December 31st, 2019, 8:16 amI remember the whole Y2K thing, and how the world didn't go haywire in Sydney, then Tokyo, then ever westward. So by the time it got to the US, we knew we were safe. 8-)
I remember New Years Eve 1999/2000, the "Y2K" year. My sister and I decided that, since it was a new millennium, staying up to midnight wasn't good enough, and we would stay up all night till sunrise. To make sure we stayed awake, we needed something to keep us awake -- so we spent the night reading aloud! (A proto-LV activity, I guess!)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: ↑December 31st, 2019, 10:15 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑December 31st, 2019, 12:34 pm Happy New Year everybody!
God bless you too! 2020 will be even better I hope. Still 45 minutes away from me... I'm logging off for the night but see you all in 2020!
Aww missed you by about 45 minutes :( I'm staying up till midnight tonight...as I write this it's midnight for you EJ! Wow. Happy New Year and God bless!! :9:
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

commonsparrow3 wrote: ↑December 31st, 2019, 10:17 pmMy sister and I decided that, since it was a new millennium, staying up to midnight wasn't good enough, and we would stay up all night till sunrise. To make sure we stayed awake, we needed something to keep us awake -- so we spent the night reading aloud! (A proto-LV activity, I guess!)
that's such a cool idea !! Love it.

Well by now I guess we are all in 2020 ! Happy New Year everyone. And this was my first post for 2020. :lol:

Sonia
ElSimplice

Post by ElSimplice »

Happy New Year everybody! :birthday: