COMPLETE[PLAY] Belinda: an April Folly, by A.A. Milne - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 »

:thumbs:
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 »

Ok, here is Harold Baxter, Act III ready for PL. Hoping I got all the spacing correct this time. Looking at my screen, my eyes go buggy on me sometimes. I'm never satisified so I have to do lines over, and over, and over, :lol:

Voice acting is so tricky. I'm trying to find pictures of people or things that make me feel a certain way and post them in my studio so I can get some emo into my reads if I look at them. I think I'm going to keep doing these, I really enjoy trying to act out the parts, I'm hoping that will transfer into my narration of other material.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_baxter_3_128kb.mp3

Time is 7:07

Thanks for including me in this project.

EJWiley
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much for doing the Baxter role! I'm glad you had fun doing it.

I have found that participating in dramatic reads (and plays) has improved my "normal" recordings. Also, doing PL work greatly improved my reading. You get to hear so many different styles, and all.

But, yeah, there are always several lines in a CR chapter that I read over and over and over, trying out different inflections/moods, so I can pick what I like best when I'm editing. And even then, I might do some punch-ins to change things once more. . . :lol: It is great fun, though!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

hsparent55 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 8:10 pm Ok, here is Harold Baxter, Act III ready for PL. Hoping I got all the spacing correct this time. Looking at my screen, my eyes go buggy on me sometimes. I'm never satisified so I have to do lines over, and over, and over, :lol:

Voice acting is so tricky. I'm trying to find pictures of people or things that make me feel a certain way and post them in my studio so I can get some emo into my reads if I look at them. I think I'm going to keep doing these, I really enjoy trying to act out the parts, I'm hoping that will transfer into my narration of other material.

Time is 7:07

Thanks for including me in this project.

EJWiley
Well however you do it, it is fun to listen to. You definitely take this much more seriously than I do. Only a few small notes:

0:10 – this is Belinda’s line

4:04 – very minor, but missing an ‘Oh!’ in front of the ‘Oh Ho! Oh Ho!’

These are so minor that Lynette may not need you to do anything about them. Editor/BC's call here.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 »

Aha! I thought you might catch that “oh,” so I’ve already re-recorded that bit ready to upload. I can fix the one that’s Belinda’s line too and upload one more time. I’m in my car at the moment but will fix that as soon as I get back to the house. It will bug me if I don’t do it. I’m a stickler for details.

Thanks!

EJ
lymiewithpurpose

hsparent55 wrote: January 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm Aha! I thought you might catch that “oh,” so I’ve already re-recorded that bit ready to upload. I can fix the one that’s Belinda’s line too and upload one more time. I’m in my car at the moment but will fix that as soon as I get back to the house. It will bug me if I don’t do it. I’m a stickler for details.

Thanks!

EJ
Sounds good.

If you're a stickler, I will note one more thing. I noticed in one of your last few lines you missed a word. I heard 'Oh, don't mind me, Mrs. Tremayne' instead of ' Oh, don't mind about me, Mrs. Tremayne'. Didn't mention it as it doesn't change anything, but if you really want everything 'perfect' I thought I'd let you know.
Campbell
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 »

Una Mas! Baxter ACT III, time 7:02

Thanks for pointing out that last "oh," knowing about it would have driven me crazy. I'm not REALLY OCD am I? :lol:

EJWiley
lymiewithpurpose

hsparent55 wrote: January 10th, 2020, 5:28 pm Una Mas! Baxter ACT III, time 7:02

Thanks for pointing out that last "oh," knowing about it would have driven me crazy. I'm not REALLY OCD am I? :lol:

EJWiley
Nice work, OK. Thanks for reading for this, was fun to listen to.
Campbell
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sadly, Librivox reader Elizabby has just died after a long illness. She participated in many of our dramatic works and other Librivox projects, including ones just cataloged earlier this month. And she had a claim here which I must sadly open again for someone else to take on.

We have an "In Memoriam" topic in the forum with more info about her and other passed Librivox readers at viewtopic.php?p=1672560#p1672560

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

no!! ...... I have not "known" Elizabby long, but the world is definitely diminished with this loss. thank you, Todd, for notifying here.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just to let you know: I am working on my parts and should be able to upload them soon. Thanks for your patience.
TJ
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It's absolutely fine. :) Thanks for the note.
~Lynette * -
JohanSupertramp

Post by JohanSupertramp »

I'll read Devenish.

-Johan S.
JohanSupertramp

Post by JohanSupertramp »

Also, as the play is set in England, is everyone adding any accent to their parts?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JohanSupertramp wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:57 am Also, as the play is set in England, is everyone adding any accent to their parts?
Thank you, Johan. :)

(Folks haven't been doing an accent so far)
~Lynette * -