(Complete) Emily of New Moon, by Lucy Maud Montgomery -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

I’ve never heard of this book, but love the author! I’ll volunteer for sections 25 & 26! :clap:
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MeredithBell wrote: December 17th, 2019, 7:03 pm Here is Chapter 5 - Diamond Cut Diamond (file duration: 17:31).

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_05_montgomery_128kb.mp3

I really enjoyed recording this! Life is busy right now, but I'll be back to help if our project still needs it a few weeks from now.

Meredith
Thank you very much! Yes, you are welcome to volunteer for more if sections are still open in a few weeks. (In all likelihood there probably will be, though.) :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

AlongsideMom wrote: December 17th, 2019, 8:27 pm I’ve never heard of this book, but love the author! I’ll volunteer for sections 25 & 26! :clap:
You got them! :thumbs:
Yes, it's an excellent book, one of my personal favorites. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Phew - finally over the holiday laryngitis and able to read. Chapter 11 (length 18:36) is now uploaded to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_11_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JudeSomers wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:53 pm Phew - finally over the holiday laryngitis and able to read. Chapter 11 (length 18:36) is now uploaded to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_11_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
Oh no! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Thank you for uploading, I'm getting you in the MW asap :mrgreen:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

I've just uploaded Chapter 12 (length 33:00) ready to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_12_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

is it too greedy of me to ask to read Chapters 30 and 31 (the last two in the book). The big plot reveal in Chapter 30 was huge for me when I read this originally as an impressionable 10 year old.

yours affectionately (as Emily would say :D )
Jude Somers

BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Hi,

I was practicing reading aloud to record my chapter this weekend and had a pronunciation question. I know that we have to strictly adhere to the text so how do you prefer dates to be read? The dates in my chapter are written as cardinal numbers, January 6, 2020 example, but normally we would read them aloud as ordinal numbers, January 6th, 2020 because the date is the position in the calendar. When reading for a recording do you add the "th" sound after a day as a rule or is it wrong to? Should I read it straight as January 6, 2020 or insert the standard "th" sound as January 6th, 2020 when read aloud even though the "th" is not in the text?

Thanks!
~B
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JudeSomers wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:23 pm I've just uploaded Chapter 12 (length 33:00) ready to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_12_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
Thank you very much! :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JudeSomers wrote: January 4th, 2020, 5:27 pm is it too greedy of me to ask to read Chapters 30 and 31 (the last two in the book). The big plot reveal in Chapter 30 was huge for me when I read this originally as an impressionable 10 year old.

yours affectionately (as Emily would say :D )
Jude Somers
All yours!
Funny thing though, I don't remember the plot twist in chapter 30...guess I'll have to reread that bit :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

BLNEW wrote: January 6th, 2020, 10:12 am Hi,

I was practicing reading aloud to record my chapter this weekend and had a pronunciation question. I know that we have to strictly adhere to the text so how do you prefer dates to be read? The dates in my chapter are written as cardinal numbers, January 6, 2020 example, but normally we would read them aloud as ordinal numbers, January 6th, 2020 because the date is the position in the calendar. When reading for a recording do you add the "th" sound after a day as a rule or is it wrong to? Should I read it straight as January 6, 2020 or insert the standard "th" sound as January 6th, 2020 when read aloud even though the "th" is not in the text?

Thanks!
~B
This project isn't word perfect...so I'd say it doesn't matter for this one. You can add "th" etc if you like, if it's more comfortable to you. It doesn't add or take away from the listeners' understanding of the text, so either way is perfectly fine. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Clairvoyant94

Post by Clairvoyant94 »

I'm a newbie, and I'd love to record chapter 29 - Sacrilege.

I did record and post a 1-minute test (https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_clairvoyant94.mp3), and I'll wait to receive feedback on that before I begin recording this, but if you're able to save that chapter for me that would be great! I'll use my user name, Clairvoyant94.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Clairvoyant94 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 7:52 pm I'm a newbie, and I'd love to record chapter 29 - Sacrilege.

I did record and post a 1-minute test (https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_clairvoyant94.mp3), and I'll wait to receive feedback on that before I begin recording this, but if you're able to save that chapter for me that would be great! I'll use my user name, Clairvoyant94.
Of course I'll save that for you!
I'll also go ahead and review your test later today.
One thing though: how would you like to be listed in the catalog page? We can also link to a personal/website blog.

God bless and thank you for claiming!!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Clairvoyant94

Post by Clairvoyant94 »

JayKitty76 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 2:37 pm Of course I'll save that for you!
One thing though: how would you like to be listed in the catalog page? We can also link to a personal/website blog.

Great, thanks so much! I'll use Claire Butler for my listing. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Clairvoyant94 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 3:25 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 2:37 pm Of course I'll save that for you!

Great, thanks so much! I'll use Claire Butler for my listing. :)
Got it, thank you!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~