[COMPLETE] Rubble and Roseleaves-F.W. Boreham (d. 1959) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

marcelacollado wrote: December 26th, 2019, 10:47 am Hello! Sorry for the delay, but here is section 3. I hope everything is ok :-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_03_boreham_128kb.mp3

19:20

Almost ready with section 4, coming soon!
Thank you. I've put it in the MW to await PL.
Mast96

Post by Mast96 »

Yes, I would like to read another one! I'll take the next one available, Pt 2 Ch 2: O'er Crag and Torrent.
Thank you!
marcelacollado

Post by marcelacollado »

And here is section 4. If it is ok, I would like to read another section. I love this author! How about Part 2, Chapter 3, The Pretender?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_04_boreham_128kb.mp3

16:39

Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! Glad you are enjoying this book. :) MW updated.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry but I am going to have to relinquish section 2, as my health won’t permit me to read it at this time.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: December 29th, 2019, 11:36 pm Sorry but I am going to have to relinquish section 2, as my health won’t permit me to read it at this time.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Beth. But thank you for letting me know. I'll remove you from the MW when I can. It may not be until this weekend, since I'll be going out of town.

Let me know if things start looking up, and I'll happily put you back in!
marcelacollado

Post by marcelacollado »

mightyfelix wrote: December 30th, 2019, 7:25 am
Elizabby wrote: December 29th, 2019, 11:36 pm Sorry but I am going to have to relinquish section 2, as my health won’t permit me to read it at this time.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Beth. But thank you for letting me know. I'll remove you from the MW when I can. It may not be until this weekend, since I'll be going out of town.

Let me know if things start looking up, and I'll happily put you back in!
Hello Ladies, I am sorry to hear that Elizabby is not feeling well and I wish her a prompt recovery! I have just finished recording part 2, chapter 3 and would be delighted to record section 2. It is very quiet around here today, January 1st, and I am taking advantage of the lack of noise to record to my hearts content, so I will proceed as if it has been approved and begin recording it. :-D

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!
marcelacollado

Post by marcelacollado »

Hello Tricia! Here is section 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_11_boreham_128kb.mp3

15:40

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!!

Marcela
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Marcela. I'll update the MW when I return from my trip. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

marcelacollado wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:00 am Hello Tricia! Here is section 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_11_boreham_128kb.mp3

15:40

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!!

Marcela
This, and section 3 and 4 are all PL OK!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Mast96

Post by Mast96 »

Hello,
When exporting a file from audacity, I save it as 'constant' bit rate, 128kbps... but then what about the channel mode? It gives me 3 options: 1) joint stereo; 2) stereo; and 3) force export to mono. Which one is the right one? Thank you!
Mast96

Post by Mast96 »

Also, if anyone has any tips or ideas on how I can get the volume UP in the initial recordong that would be greatly appreciated! I have the mic volume in audacity all the way up, and in the computers settings I did everything I could find to get the mic volumes up, but the playback volume (according to audacity) is just around -18 db. I also had the mic within about 2 inches of my mouth while reading.

I know I can amplify the whole recording but I'm just wishing for a way to have it louder to begin with so I don't have to amplify it so much!
Again, thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Mast96 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 1:07 pm

When exporting a file from audacity, I save it as 'constant' bit rate, 128kbps... but then what about the channel mode? It gives me 3 options: 1) joint stereo; 2) stereo; and 3) force export to mono. Which one is the right one?
Mast96 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 1:07 pm Also, if anyone has any tips or ideas on how I can get the volume UP in the initial recordong that would be greatly appreciated! I have the mic volume in audacity all the way up, and in the computers settings I did everything I could find to get the mic volumes up, but the playback volume (according to audacity) is just around -18 db. I also had the mic within about 2 inches of my mouth while reading.
e
I know I can amplify the whole recording but I'm just wishing for a way to have it louder to begin with so I don't have to amplify it so much!
Again, thanks!
This does sound strange. If the mic gain setting is at full, or near full, and you are that close to the mic, you should be recording hot. i set mine at about 85% and am 4-6" away (need a pop filter, of course) and still have to amp down some.

How are you measuring your volume? You can't use the playback readings to give you anything about actual volume. Honestly, I don't know what those figures mean. There is no way to get an actual volume reading in Audacity. Why that is so, given the vast array of features, I don't know. But, there is a little program written specifically for LibriVox that does do this as well as for checking on all other specifications. It is called Checker, and here is a link to it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

Hope this helps a little.
~Larry
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Mast96

Post by Mast96 »

Thanks a bunch! I will try to get checker.
paulbrianstewart

Post by paulbrianstewart »

Gidday,
May I please read section 16?

Please and thank you,
Paul Stewart (paulbrianstewart)