COMPLETE[PLAY]Heautontimorumenos; the Self-Tormentor by Terence - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: December 21st, 2019, 8:49 am Narrator act 1 ready for PL. For Dromio, reading "servant" in the Dramatis Personae, as discussed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heautontimorumenos_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
and thank you, Michael. Also the narration for Act 1 is perfectly PL ok. :thumbs:

And congrats: you managed to say Heautontimorumenos to perfection each time :thumbs: once one knows it it's actually easy. I think I will never forget this word ever again. I may drop it casually at a party and see people keep their distance from me. :lol:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I think I'm 5 time zones away. Or maybe 6. Is that far enough?

Thanks, Todd
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Kitty wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 7:27 am And congrats: you managed to say Heautontimorumenos to perfection each time :thumbs: once one knows it it's actually easy. I think I will never forget this word ever again. I may drop it casually at a party and see people keep their distance from me. :lol:
Sonia
Yes, I thought it was going to take hours of practice, but it's quite easy when split into two words "Heauton Timorumenos", as Wikipedia has it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heauton_Timorumenos
Last edited by MichaelMaggs on December 22nd, 2019, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BLNEW wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 10:41 amHi Here's the Nurse of Antiphila at 17 seconds:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/anthilheautontimorumenos_nurse_4_128kb.mp3ola_stuff_.mp3
short, but to the point and nicely acted out. Thank you so much BL :) you have a lovely voice, I hope I'll hear you in more plays still, maybe even in a bigger role :D

PL ok

careful with the filenames though. Best always to copy/paste from the example in the first post. ;)

Sonia
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Ah! sorry, I had it saved as something else while i recorded then pasted without deleting when changing the file name! Would you like me to reupload and share again?

~B
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Don't need to. I was able to download it for editing using the link you sent. This time....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Menedemus is in the MW for PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 30th, 2019, 12:14 pmMenedemus is in the MW for PL.
great job, Todd. I see you opted to make him not too whiny about his fate. In fact he becomes kinda cynical and even very teasing towards the end. An interesting development of character. :thumbs:

Acts 1, 3 and 4 already PL ok.

I have a few small notes for Act 5 though. Nothing really too disturbing, so they may even be optional, but you may want to correct one or all:

> at 1:06: "That my son is pretending that he is overjoyed, is it that you mean?" - there is a short stumble right before "is it", which can easily be cut out to make it sound smoother

> at 2:33: "thither went Clitipho" - you say "Citipho"

> at 3:33: "Can you not contain yourself?" - the initial 'c' sound is cut off here, probably by mistake

Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Menedemus Act 5 ready for Spot PL.

I did decide to make him world weary rather than whiny. That he decided to sell out of the city and take up hard labor farming as recompense for what he had done showed him to me as a repentant doer rather than just a complainer.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 30th, 2019, 2:01 pmMenedemus Act 5 ready for Spot PL.

I did decide to make him world weary rather than whiny. That he decided to sell out of the city and take up hard labor farming as recompense for what he had done showed him to me as a repentant doer rather than just a complainer.
yes I see your point, good choice to make him appear this way. :thumbs:

the two errors are wonderfully corrected. (did I give you the wrong time stamp for "can" ? :hmm: it's a bit off the mark this time - so sorry about that)

I still hear the stumble, but if you think it's ok that way, that's fine with me. Or maybe you didn't know what I meant. :?

In any case, can be marked PL ok now :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:32 am Happy New Year everyone! Narrator here with the final stage directions, acts 2-5:
happy new year to you as well Michael 8-) and thank you for being so prolific over the festive days. Perfect stage directions again :thumbs: Acts 2-4 can be marked PL ok straight away.

Only one small editing at the end of Act 5: you forgot to say "translated by Henry Thomas Riley" all at the end

Thanks

Sonia
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Kitty wrote: January 1st, 2020, 12:14 pm Only one small editing at the end of Act 5: you forgot to say "translated by Henry Thomas Riley" all at the end
OK, I didn't know the translator was needed at the end as well. Added now anyway, and re-uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heautontimorumenos_narrator_5_128kb.mp3