ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 also ready.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, just listened to both acts during the last hour. :9: Great job from all of us and great assembling. It may not be a comedy but it certainly is entertaining to listen to and it has its funny moments too.

Definitely PL ok, both acts. :thumbs: Now looking forward to the rest. With a bit of luck we can finish it before the year runs out.

Thank you, Todd, wonderful job again

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad you like it.

If you want to listen out of sequence (ignoring the fact that having dPL'd every part, you've already been from end to end 194 times!) Act 4 is ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 27th, 2019, 8:54 amignoring the fact that having dPL'd every part, you've already been from end to end 194 times
:lol: now where did you get this number from ? it surely wasn't as often as that.

And no, I don't mind listening out of sequence. In fact, having this very tearful ending first and then the more light-hearted 3rd act as final listen is probably best. It was all very emotional in the end. :? Everybody played their part so excellently, which shows me we are just as good at tragedy than at comedy.

And the final author's note is really well placed there at the end. We definitely shouldn't leave that one out. :thumbs:

Act 4 PL ok.

Thank you for the massive editing job you did today !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Working to finish Kathie right now. I've lost my voice completely (it's just air coming out... :shock: ) - so I sure hope I didn't make any mistakes.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Hope you find your voice again!

And to all of you - stay healthy this winter cuz I have more plays to foist upon you!

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: December 28th, 2019, 4:29 am Hope you find your voice again!

And to all of you - stay healthy this winter cuz I have more plays to foist upon you!

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd! The voice is not back yet, but as far as I can see there is only a slight deviation from the text when I say "it does seem SO funny" instead of "it does seem funny" at about 1:30. I don't think it should be a problem. Just a little extra emphasis on how funny it seems that someone should ever have been in love with my father... :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/galahadjones_kathie_3_128kb.mp3

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
TJ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:00 amJust a little extra emphasis on how funny it seems that someone should ever have been in love with my father... :lol:
you are a little insolent spoiled brat in this particular scene, insulting both your daddy's physique and your mommy's taste :lol: but it's very lively and very engagingly acte out :clap: loved the whole performance.

PL ok and that means, Todd can get going with the final act :9: what a nice new year's present.

Happy New Year to you as well TJ !!! and thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'm on it.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ready for final PL of Act 3. Great excitement!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:55 amReady for final PL of Act 3. Great excitement!
8-) wow now this is really a cool central act. And if I may say so myself, I extremely liked the chemistry and dynamics in Galahad and Em's dialogues. :9: Him more soft-spoken and her quite a hurricane. Mainly also because you are pacing it all so well, often faster-paced to give the needed impetus, sometimes holding back to show pregnant pauses. :thumbs:

But everybody was great in their respective dialogues with Galahad. Kathy so refreshingly cheerful, the butcher rough but helpful and Mr Beach quite crestfallen and broken. All very strong scenes. Not to forget the excellent stage directions by Michael.

Now unfortunately you missed one of Em's speeches and the lines are needed to make sense of what Galahad replies:

> at 32:55: (p. 80) missed Em. lines: "What's that matter"... etc. they are in my file from 11:09-11:17

the rest: perfect ! I'll be on the lookout to spot PL before I go to bed.

Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah, yes, your line does make this make sense now. Don't know how I missed it! Must have been too much partying last night....

Ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 1st, 2020, 12:07 pmAh, yes, your line does make this make sense now. Don't know how I missed it! Must have been too much partying last night....
aha, easy on the punch ;)

line perfectly inserted now and PL ok.

Ready for cataloguing :9: It's a gem. Pity this guy didn't write more.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now.

By the way, it turns out this is the 100th item I have cataloged as an MC. And, by coincidence, Sonia has also just cataloged her 100th. (No overlap since though we work together quite a lot, there is only one MC for a project.)

So all those celebrations you saw or heard last night? - they were for Librivox!

Thanks, Todd