Christmas dinner

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm really cutting down this year as there will just be three of us.

Menu:

Ham; spiced, chunky applesauce; standard Midwest green bean casserole (It's mandated by law up here.); mashed potatoes (I lost this battle. I wanted yams.); crescent rolls; and ambrosia fluff (or whatever they call it.) Mulled cider for a beverage.
linny

Post by linny »

We already had our big family gathering. My parents and I will be enjoying the all you can eat Chinese buffet this Christmas. :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 10:51 am We already had our big family gathering. My parents and I will be enjoying the all you can eat Chinese buffet this Christmas. :lol:
I bet the restaurant will be crowded. Your family is not unusual in this.
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Hi,

My supper tonight:

Ramen (also today), four raisin rolls, and a cup of wine (no glass).
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
linny

Post by linny »

CSCO wrote: December 24th, 2019, 9:14 am Hi,

My supper tonight:

Ramen (also today), four raisin rolls, and a cup of wine (no glass).
That sounds yummy. I hope you enjoy!
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

My family will be together a few days, so I don’t know when we’re having it. But what I’m looking forward to is the chicken fajitas that are on the menu! Not very traditional, but we all enjoy it a lot.

Another new food for this year (candy?) is Tim Tams. If you haven’t encountered them, Google it! The way we like eating them is called the ‘Tim Tam slam’. Coffee and chocolate- yummy!! 😋
~Rosebud
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

That sounds yummy. I hope you enjoy!

Thank you. This is a national secret: Tenno eats ramen every night.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

RSlabaugh wrote: December 25th, 2019, 9:11 am Another new food for this year (candy?) is Tim Tams. If you haven’t encountered them, Google it! The way we like eating them is called the ‘Tim Tam slam’. Coffee and chocolate- yummy!! 😋
Funny thing, I actually recently tried Tim Tams for the first time a few weeks ago! They are delicious! (I didn't have it with coffee though.)

Christmas lunch/dinner for me is chicken tostadas. (It's some of my favorite food!!)
Right now I'm eating pizza flavored Pringles and watching my little brother play video games. Some of my family is coming to hang out later and it'll be fun!

Merry Christmas!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Just got the chicken, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie in the oven. Avocado ranch salad will be easy to throw together later. Already indulged in Chai and Biscotti.
:9: It's smelling good in here...
April
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack. So we spent the day in the hospital ER, which meant I had a tuna sandwich from the hospital cafeteria for Christmas dinner, while Brian was disappointingly restricted to a cup of ice chips. I have promised him that we are going to have a good pot roast dinner when he gets out of hospital - hopefully before the new year. (Fortunately, his little flirtation with that heart attack was nipped in the bud before it went too far.) Meanwhile, I put the roast in the freezer to await his return.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

glad it all turned out OK for you both :D.
Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

commonsparrow3 wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:37 pm I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack. So we spent the day in the hospital ER, which meant I had a tuna sandwich from the hospital cafeteria for Christmas dinner, while Brian was disappointingly restricted to a cup of ice chips. I have promised him that we are going to have a good pot roast dinner when he gets out of hospital - hopefully before the new year. (Fortunately, his little flirtation with that heart attack was nipped in the bud before it went too far.) Meanwhile, I put the roast in the freezer to await his return.
Sounds like Brian is in for observation. I'm sure he's getting good care and I hope you have no further need for worry. You take care of yourself, too.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Thanks, Annise and Kevin. Yes, it all turned out okay luckily, just not exactly the way we had planned to spend Christmas. But it could have been worse, so we are grateful, especially for all those medical folks who work on Christmas.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

commonsparrow3 wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:37 pm I had bought a small beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions, and was just about to begin arranging them all in the roasting pan early this afternoon, when Brian decided to flirt with a heart attack.
So sorry to read this, Maria. Glad he’s getting it taken care of. Christmas Day is one of those days when heart attacks are common. However, it is usually AFTER a person has eaten too much...not before.

A Happy, healthy New Year to both you and Brian. :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Glad to hear he's OK, Maria!

We're headed out soon to the family get-together. We'll have turkey and gravy, caesar salad, rolls, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans (not the casserole), carrots, stuffing, (umm...) deviled eggs, and applesauce. That's all I recall for the main meal. Dessert will be homemade lemon meringue (with a sad looking but still tasty crust; don't ask me how I know!) and chocolate lasagna.

Then there will be cheese and crackers, veggie tray, sweets, etc. as snacks beforehand.

There will be 10 adults (age 30 plus); 3 younger adults (19-29), and 5 children (10 and under). I'm in the first category. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart