Complete [HISTORY] Red Rubber: The Story of the Rubber Slave Trade on the Congo-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

Could I have section 8? Very interested in this project!
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: August 4th, 2019, 7:46 am Hi Elsie,
I'll MC this for you. Be right back with the MW.
Cheers!
Amy

-update.
It is up now. I'll move you to Readers Wanted.
With Elsie's absence---until the summer, I suspect---shall I take this project on? I can't promise to record a lot, at first, but I can serve as co-BC. And I think we could find a PL to help.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

i'm sorry - in my earlier post i missed that katherinee had already requested section 8 - it seems that there has been some justified delay in responses from the manager. i'll keep watching and see when things settle, then make some requests for sections?
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

kathrinee wrote: October 31st, 2019, 9:09 pm I'd like to read sections 8, 9 and 10, please
These are signed up for these now.
Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

pmchaffie wrote: December 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm i'm sorry - in my earlier post i missed that katherinee had already requested section 8 - it seems that there has been some justified delay in responses from the manager. i'll keep watching and see when things settle, then make some requests for sections?
I'm not sure why Elsie is absent right now. Please make your claims. The mw is up to date now.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

KevinS wrote: December 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Cheers!
Amy

-update.
With Elsie's absence---until the summer, I suspect---shall I take this project on? I can't promise to record a lot, at first, but I can serve as co-BC. And I think we could find a PL to help.
Hi Kevin,
Why is she absent? Did I miss her saying something?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Cheers!
Amy

-update.
Hi Kevin,
I hope I haven't assumed something.She let me know she was very busy with school and then she disappeared. I'll look for something more specific.

I don't mean to be interferring but only wish to help out.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Cheers!
Amy

-update.
Hi Kevin,
There were many times on October 28 that Elsie stepped out of any PL duties. I do know that one of her BC duties was handed over to another, but beyond that I can't say.

I don't mind waiting for a bit longer or dropping the matter entirely. It's certainly your decision, but, again, I'm willing to help. This looks like an interesting project, though maybe it will drag on for too long. I thought that might be a good thing as Elsie will be back when school is over I suspect. (I would say I'm sure, but I can't guarantee that.)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kevin,
I pm'd her. I would feel better having you take on co-BCing if she okayed it. We can revisit it, if she hasn't replied within a few days.
You aren't interfering at all. I just hadn't heard anything from her about being away.
Have a good night.
Amy
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 8:56 pm Hi Kevin,
I pm'd her. I would feel better having you take on co-BCing if she okayed it. We can revisit it, if she hasn't replied within a few days.
You aren't interfering at all. I just hadn't heard anything from her about being away.
Have a good night.
Amy
Thank you! You too!
linny

Post by linny »

Have a good night.
Amy
I PMed Elsie Nov 22 to see if she needed help. At that time, I had just picked up a DPL she had started. So far she hasn't picked up my PM and hasn't logged on since October 29th, 2019. :?
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Greetings!
I can do sections 11, 12 and 13
Thank you
Rita
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

RitaBoutros wrote: December 20th, 2019, 8:01 am Greetings!
I can do sections 11, 12 and 13
Thank you
Rita
They are yours, Rita!
Thank you for your claims!
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

linny wrote: December 20th, 2019, 7:13 am
Have a good night.
Amy
I PMed Elsie Nov 22 to see if she needed help. At that time, I had just picked up a DPL she had started. So far she hasn't picked up my PM and hasn't logged on since October 29th, 2019. :?
I don't know what is going on. I guess we will cover for her until she comes back.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Kevin,
I added you as co-BC and I will keep an eye out, too.
Have a good day.
-Amy