Friday Foibles

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I don't think there is any great need to prove my incompetence in technological matters. But for those who need proof, I offer this short argument.

As some of you will know, I have been struggling with volumes that range from too soft to too loud when listening and I long thought it was all related to the will of some demon. I have discovered, however, that my earphones have a sliding button to regulate volume! I have been unknowingly adjusting it back and forth. I, apparently, am my own tormentor. (I suppose we all are.)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:59 am I don't think there is any great need to prove my incompetence in technological matters. But for those who need proof, I offer this short argument.

As some of you will know, I have been struggling with volumes that range from too soft to too loud when listening and I long thought it was all related to the will of some demon. I have discovered, however, that my earphones have a sliding button to regulate volume! I have been unknowingly adjusting it back and forth. I, apparently, am my own tormentor. (I suppose we all are.)
:lol: Well at least you found out what the problem was... just now you'll need to find something else to fidget with :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:50 am
:lol: Well at least you found out what the problem was... just now you'll need to find something else to fidget with :D
Haha! I should get one of those spinner things!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'd been wanting a fidget toy for a long time, but couldn't find a good one, until finally I got one of these little keychains. Found it in a museum gift shop, and it's perfect! https://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fat_brain_toy_co/simpl_dimpl.cfm
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:41 am I'd been wanting a fidget toy for a long time, but couldn't find a good one, until finally I got one of these little keychains. Found it in a museum gift shop, and it's perfect! https://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fat_brain_toy_co/simpl_dimpl.cfm
Hmmmmm. Will it unlock my car doors?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:lol: Well, no, but if you clip it on your car keys, maybe the bright colors will help you find them?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

My husband fidgets with things - paper clips, those hand exerciser things that you squeeze, whatever is handy.

I forgot my keys to my 2nd job today, so I couldn't go in and work. I'll go Monday.

Do you save up your foibles and "silly questions" for Fridays, or do these things conveniently only occur to you on Fridays?

Final random thought: I got our Christmas shopping done today! Yay!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:26 am Do you save up your foibles and "silly questions" for Fridays, or do these things conveniently only occur to you on Fridays?
I like to give Canadians something more to think about than hockey over the weekend.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: December 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm
TriciaG wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:26 am Do you save up your foibles and "silly questions" for Fridays, or do these things conveniently only occur to you on Fridays?
I like to give Canadians something more to think about than hockey over the weekend.
:lol: