COMPLETE: [BOTANY] Mushrooms and Toadstools, by W.G.Smith-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

LynnJM wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:09 am
Larry, I'd be happy to be DPL if you need one.
Sorry for the delay here, guys, Lynn is added!
Leni
=================
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Note for DPL:

I slipped up in sections 11-13 and didn't record the proper title for each piece ( "Bundled Stump-Mushroom to Fly Mushroom" etc.). I've added these to the three sections (at around 22 seconds) and reuploaded.

Section 11 now 6.16; section 12 now 6.24; section 13 now 7.26.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Peter Why wrote: December 8th, 2019, 3:37 am Note for DPL:

I slipped up in sections 11-13 and didn't record the proper title for each piece ( "Bundled Stump-Mushroom to Fly Mushroom" etc.). I've added these to the three sections (at around 22 seconds) and reuploaded.

Section 11 now 6.16; section 12 now 6.24; section 13 now 7.26.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Peter
Duly noted.
Thank you.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
LynnJM

Post by LynnJM »

Hi Larry,

I am caught up on the PL and marked the MW. Thanks for the tips. :D I'll be popping to to check for more sections and PL as they are ready.

I definitely am learning a lot about mushrooms, which I am not a fan of! :lol:

Have a great day!

Lynn
Tasniim

Post by Tasniim »

Hi!

Here's section 8: Oyster mushroom to St. George's mushroom
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_08_smith_128kb.mp3

Track Length: 5:31.18 (m:ss.ss)

Hope It is okay!
Would love some feedback and ways to improve.
dnewton

Post by dnewton »

Recorded section 3 of Toadstools and mushrooms. Feedback welcome - first time! https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/redfleshed_to_candle_clavaria.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dnewton wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:00 pm Recorded section 3 of Toadstools and mushrooms. Feedback welcome - first time! https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/redfleshed_to_candle_clavaria.mp3
Well, sorry that you've done this -- not that I wouldn't welcome your recording, but you have completely ignored the proper procedure, and that makes it very difficult for us.

Did you receive a welcome message? Did it not mention how to get started?
One of the first things to do is to complete a one-minute test recording and have it approved.
You can find the particulars under bullet point 3 in the initial post of this thread in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I strongly suggest you read through that, and do that preliminary recording to check everything out.

It is also important to read all of the instructions in the header post. It outlines the proper procedure to follow in recording for this project. First you post a request, or "claim" for the section you want to record. Once you are assigned the section you may record. You will also find the proper format for naming and uploading files. You have the incorrect file naming format, and you have uploaded to the wrong MC.

So, take a deep breath, review the guides and read the instructions and see if you can get off to a better start.
Always be ready to ask questions. We love to help new people learn the ropes here and become happy readers!

~Larry

PS Thought I'd take a quick listen to your recording. It is too low in volume; the back ground hum is quite loud (you can fix this with some noise reduction, and we have a good tutorial on that) and there is a loud bang right at the beginning. Oh, and it is recorded in the wrong format. These are all thing we work out in the test recording which is whay we ask everyone to do it.

All the best from a fellow Oregonian, transplanted to New England.
~ Larry
dnewton

Post by dnewton »

Well I guess my ignorance taught me some lessons. I think I was just sorting through so much I wasn't fully understanding. I did get the welcome message, and did a test recording! I just didn't post it for approval. I also posted to request the section, and again, failed to wait for it to be accepted. I'll take some time to get this all sorted it out. But, thanks for the feedback anyway, I'll do better!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dnewton wrote: December 11th, 2019, 8:21 am Well I guess my ignorance taught me some lessons. I think I was just sorting through so much I wasn't fully understanding. I did get the welcome message, and did a test recording! I just didn't post it for approval. I also posted to request the section, and again, failed to wait for it to be accepted. I'll take some time to get this all sorted it out. But, thanks for the feedback anyway, I'll do better!
Okay, thanks for the note.

There is a learning curve here at the beginning, but we've got a lot of guides and tutorials to help you get started, and a lot of people to help along the way. Most of us remember our first days and shudder at some of the things we did, but also remember all of those who helped us. So, please ask about anything that isn't clear or seems confusing. You're a good reader, and I'm sure will do just fine.
~ Larry
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_09_smith_128kb.mp3
06:34

Could I have sections 3 and 4 too?
Leni
=================
ChloeM

Post by ChloeM »

May I read section five, please?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Leni wrote: December 19th, 2019, 7:29 pm Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_09_smith_128kb.mp3
06:34

Could I have sections 3 and 4 too?
Thanks, Leni!
And you have 3 and 4. :D
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ChloeM wrote: December 19th, 2019, 11:08 pm May I read section five, please?
Yes, I have assigned you to this section.
Thanks so much for joining us. :D
~ Larry
ChloeM

Post by ChloeM »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ChloeM wrote: December 24th, 2019, 9:29 pm Here is section 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_05_smith_128kb.mp3

:)
Thanks! I'll put this in the Magic Window, but please remember to give the file length whwn you post the link, as mentioned in the instructions.
~ Larry