Password pulldown

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I use Firefox. For some reason, when I enter the LV forum, my login now opens with a pulldown of previous username + passwords .... which I find immensely irritating. Give me a simple pair of empty boxes! Is there any way of switching this ..... ha! ..... feature off?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That's strange. I use Firefox as well. I did see that there was a recent update, but I haven't noticed it doing this. :hmm: Maybe someone else will have a solution for you!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Use Private Windows. Even FF doesn't know you've been here before... :twisted: (beyond closing the browser, at least).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

I imagine it's because Firefox is storing your username and password.
If you go to your Firefox Privacy and Security Settings (menu icon -> Options -> Privacy & Security, or type about:preferences#privacy in your address bar) and scroll down to the Logins and Passwords settings you can turn off that feature or set it on a site-specific basis.
-Ian
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, everyone; the Privacy change did it. I'd rather re-enter the username and password every time than fight my way through intrusive pull-downs.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Hi,

My diagnose is a different from yours. I suppose Martians attack your PC.

Remenber the well-known Correction Vulnerability. In short, wrong microcodes
in your CMOS steal your CPU clocks. The steal rate is very low and the stealing
involves the Steal Rate Generator (S.R.G.). So, Operation Systems see the stealing
as random drop of CPU clocks and correct the DROPs simply. Martian's codes abuse
the DROPs. So, they can attack PCs to collect Username/Password pairs in secret.

(In Japan, Mt. Ena (恵那山) has a Martian's secret base. We can see UFOs there now
and then. In spite of the fact, the Japanese Government keeps it secret.)

[Footnotes: P.P. (Pervert Pervert; or, CSCO) says Ena means afterbirth. Remember
David Copperfield.]
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!