[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:03 amPoem 1 I have a small problem with. I am confused by a line around :30s and have recorded it with two pronunciations. It's either a word I can't find or an archaic spelling.
yes this is supposed to be "jolly", the i and the j were often interchangeable back in the days (like u and v in Latin). Here he used i, so the name Elizabeth would be spelled correctly. Did you notice the first letters of each line ? ;)

and thanks for the sections, will update MW

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I thought that may be the case. I did try to research it, but couldn't find anything definitive. I think I need to go back to school or stick with reading Brer Rabbit.
Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:25 amI thought that may be the case. I did try to research it, but couldn't find anything definitive. I think I need to go back to school or stick with reading Brer Rabbit.
:lol: LV is definitely good for our education. The things I have learnt already by reading those ancient books 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry I completely forgot that I still have to part-PL the intro for you. Excellent reading again, and some very interesting ideas.

I have found three small but significant textual mistakes though:

> at 3:14-3:18: why do you leave so much space before the poem ? :hmm:
> at 3:18: "sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife" – you only say once "sound"
> at 3:21: "to all the sensual world proclaim" – you say "tell", which makes the sentence grammatically odd
> at 4:40: "with sunken rhythms" – you say "rhymes"

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL Notes:

Section - 1

Hi Craig, great to see you again. Excellent reading as always! Just a little technical item to handle based on the special PL instructions.

The silence at the end of the recording is ~7s and should be no longer than 5s per the special PL instructions.

Thanks!
Last edited by afutterer on December 6th, 2019, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL Notes:

Section - 2

Adrian, Welcome to the World's Best Poetry! I do not believe that I have seen you in here before. It is great to have you. Your reading was very nice. There is just one small item regarding the silence at the end of the recording. Thank you Adrian!

PL OK

Thanks!
Last edited by afutterer on December 9th, 2019, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL Notes:

Section - 7

PL OK

Thanks!
Last edited by afutterer on December 9th, 2019, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

afutterer wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:44 am The silence at the end of the recording is ~5.2s and should be no longer than 5s per the special PL instructions.
Thanks!
Thanks for the fastidious PLing Anthony, I appreciate your attention to detail. :) However, we can allow some leeway here. I might have explained this in another volume, but a few nanoseconds don't make a great deal of difference, as it's close enough to the 5 second mark that a listener won't notice. I actually wouldn't quibble if it were 5.9, to be honest. Over 6 seconds is probably where we can start asking for the silence to be cut down. So I think Adrian's section here is PL OK in the end.

Keep up the good work, though, as you've been an invaluable member of our team from the beginning! :D
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Anthony, glad you have arrived :) I hope you like this volume's choice as well

and two more from me:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_1_31_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:27 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_1_82_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:51 min.

Have a nice weekend all

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 6th, 2019, 9:37 am
afutterer wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:44 am The silence at the end of the recording is ~5.2s and should be no longer than 5s per the special PL instructions.
Thanks!
Thanks for the fastidious PLing Anthony, I appreciate your attention to detail. :) However, we can allow some leeway here. I might have explained this in another volume, but a few nanoseconds don't make a great deal of difference, as it's close enough to the 5 second mark that a listener won't notice. I actually wouldn't quibble if it were 5.9, to be honest. Over 6 seconds is probably where we can start asking for the silence to be cut down. So I think Adrian's section here is PL OK in the end.

Keep up the good work, though, as you've been an invaluable member of our team from the beginning! :D
Yes, perhaps I should have checked with you on this. Noted, I will correct these. Thanks.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 2,4,5,7,8,9,11,12,13,16,18,19

PL OK
Anthony

adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

afutterer wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:44 am PL Notes:

Section - 2

Adrian, Welcome to the World's Best Poetry! I do not believe that I have seen you in here before. It is great to have you. Your reading was very nice. There is just one small item regarding the silence at the end of the recording. Thank you Adrian!

PL OK

Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Kitty inveigled me into this august assemblage.
I will keep an eye on that silence in future recordings. Because you indicated PL OK, I won't upload a updated version.

Thanks again,
Adrian
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »