COMPLETE[PLAY] Belinda: an April Folly, by A.A. Milne - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'd like to read for Delia. She seems like fun. And I don't know whether I've ever played Beth's daughter. :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mightyfelix wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:24 pm I'd like to read for Delia. She seems like fun. And I don't know whether I've ever played Beth's daughter. :D
Yes! Thank you. :clap:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:27 am May I read Betty please?
I was wondering if you caught this? :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

benderca wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:31 am
How did I miss that? You've got it! Now we just need a couple more gents. :D
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Moving over to the Dramatic Works forum since we have a DPL and many readers already.

(If the casting was gender neutral, you would not need gents.)

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

LCaulkins wrote: November 11th, 2019, 5:19 am
benderca wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:31 am
How did I miss that? You've got it! Now we just need a couple more gents. :D
...unless you wanted to read it, Lynette. I noticed you haven't assigned yourself a role.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

benderca wrote: November 11th, 2019, 1:57 pm
...unless you wanted to read it, Lynette. I noticed you haven't assigned yourself a role.
Oh, no! This is my first play to run and edit, so I'm very happy letting others voice act all the roles!

Thanks for thinking of me. :)
~Lynette * -
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I won't be able to start on this until after the holidays, but I'd be willing to read the stage directions, or I can wait if someone else wants to take them.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

silverquill wrote: November 27th, 2019, 10:09 pm I won't be able to start on this until after the holidays, but I'd be willing to read the stage directions, or I can wait if someone else wants to take them.
That would be terrific, thank you! We're all on board with the holiday slow down, so no worries about that. :)

I'll update the MW when I'm at my computer again.
~Lynette * -
hsparent55

Post by hsparent55 »

This looks like so much fun!! I like the banter between the two male characters at the beginning. It had me cracking up just imagining them. I would love to do Harold Baxter, sections 1, 2, and 3 if it's still open, Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

hsparent55 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 11:57 am This looks like so much fun!! I like the banter between the two male characters at the beginning. It had me cracking up just imagining them. I would love to do Harold Baxter, sections 1, 2, and 3 if it's still open, Thanks!
It does, doesn't it? And, yes, welcome to the cast! :)
~Lynette * -
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

This looks like fun! I like the witty banter. I'd like to read for John Tremayne if it's still available.

Mike
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mfassio wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:41 am This looks like fun! I like the witty banter. I'd like to read for John Tremayne if it's still available.

Mike
Super :) I'm putting you in the MW right now.

For Plays and Dramatic Readings, you don't need to do an Intro/Outro like normal chapters.
- Make sure you begin your reading with "[Full name of the Role], read by [Your Catalog Name]".
- Then, just leave 3-5 seconds of silence between each of your lines, so the editor can easily work with the bits when they put the chapter together.

You don't have to read the entire play before recording (unless you want to), but it's good to read around your lines enough to know what tones you should use, and if you should include chuckles, gasps, etc.
~Lynette * -
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Lynette, I usually wait for the BC to put the links in the MW before I PL, but I saw you are traveling for a few days and thought I'd get to it. I left the MW for you to enter if you wish. Have fun with your travels!

Lovely recordings, full of expression. This will be a fun story. Acts 2 and 3 are OK!

For Act 1:
0:05 – nice job with the full character description, but you forgot to credit yourself!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them