COMPLETE[SPANISH]Tropiquillos by Benito Pérez Galdós - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Tropiquillos by Benito Pérez Galdós (1843 - 1920).

This project is complete and all audio files can be found at https://librivox.org/tropiquillos-by-benito-perez-galdos/

Es un cuento breve en siete capítulos. Tropiquillos pertenece al mismo libro donde se publicaron La sombra, Celín, Tropiquillos y Theros en ese mismo orden. Como el mismo autor explica al principio de La sombra, junto con Celín y Theros componen un almanaque, y Tropiquillos representa el otoño. Es una obra de ficción, un sueño, un juguete, como así lo denomina el mismo Galdós, que se considera a sí mismo como un intruso en este género literario. Tropiquillos relata la vuelta a la antigua casa familiar de su protagonista al modo de hijo pródigo, cuando ya no queda otra opción... ( Emilio Herrero)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/lasombracelntrop00prez/page/210
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Tropiquillos. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Tropiquillos, by Benito Pérez Galdós. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Tropiquillos by Benito Pérez Galdós. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Tropiquillos, by Benito Pérez Galdós. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename tropiquillos_##_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. tropiquillos_01_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3)
  • Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by EmilioHerrero on December 13th, 2019, 3:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello Emilio! Exciting that you are starting your first solo! I am happy to MC it.

Let's use this as a source https://archive.org/details/lasombracelntrop00prez/page/210 because it is safer for Librivox, as it is a scan and it includes the page with the copyright information.

Here is the Spanish disclaimer that you can use:

Al principio de la grabación (Introducción):
  • "Capítulo [número] de Tropiquillos. Esta es una grabación de LibriVox. Todas las grabaciones de LibriVox están en el dominio público. Para más información, o para ser voluntario, por favor visite: librivox PUNTO org."
  • Si desea, diga:
    Grabado por [su nombre], [su ciudad, blog, podcast o dirección electrónica]
  • Diga:
    "Tropiquillos, de Benito Pérez Galdós. [Capítulo]"

Para el segundo y todos los siguientes capítulos, puede usar la forma corta de la introducción:
  • "Capítulo [número] de Tropiquillos de Benito Pérez Galdós. Esta grabación de LibriVox está en el domino público."
  • Si desea, diga:
  • Si aplica, diga:
    "[Título del capítulo]"
Al final de la grabación:
  • Al final de la sección, diga:
    "Fin del [Capítulo]"
  • Si desea, diga:
  • Al final del libro también diga:
    "Fin de Tropiquillos de Benito Pérez Galdós. "
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

We have a Magic Window, and you will have access, once you create your "workflow" profile.

Please follow these steps for accessing and updating the Magic Window. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
First do "Accessing the System – First Time Login"
Then read the "Editing the Magic Window from the Section Compiler Screen: Filling in the Magic Window" section, on how to fill in the Magic Window, with Section/Chapter titles, and file links, etc.

And please ask if something is unclear!
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Awesome Rapunzelina, I´m going to be ready as soon as possible... Thank you.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've moved us to Going solo! :wink:
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Hi, Rapunzelina, here is my first try of chapter 1, let me know if I need to update something in the magic window...

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/tropiquillos_01_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3 3 min and 23 sec.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Nice! Yes, as a soloist, you are your own Book Coordinator, so you update the Magic Window every time you upload. I've done the first one as an example. Did you create your "workflow" login to have access to the Magic Window?
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

He fallado en una sílaba, a ver si no es muy importante...

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/tropiquillos_02_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'll advertise for a proof-listener, and hopefully we'll get one soon :)
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Here comes number three. Yes, I am sure we get a proof listener, Thank you Rapunzelina...

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/tropiquillos_03_perezgaldos_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello Emilio

I can DPL this, looks like a nice short project. I had a listen to your first chapter and it's word perfect :thumbs: And your reading is very clearly understandable and not too fast for me to follow along. Very well done.

I only have one single note to correct, more a technical thing:

> at the beginning you leave 3 seconds of silence. We recommend 0.5 - 1 second maximum. For a listener anything over 2 seconds is very long, and and especially at the beginning, people will start to wonder whether there was something wrong with the audio ;)

> another thing I noticed is that your volume is quite on the upper accepted limit with 91.9 dB. It's accepted, so nothing to change now, but don't get any louder, and 2 dB less would even be better. The risk of clipping and distorting your audio is also higher if your recording is louder, that's another reason why you should try to get the input volume a bit less loud.

apart from that all is well :) good start.

I will check the other sections tomorrow, I am a bit pressed for time today. But I wanted to make a start already. :)

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sonia has been added as a proof-listener! Welcome to the project!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Rapunzelina :)

and I checked the other two chapters as well. Excellent readings :thumbs:

I do have a few small notes to add though:

for Chapter 2:

> at the beginning: also here, please only leave about 1 second of silence at the beginning, you have 4 here :shock:
> at 4:26: and at the end please insert the standard 5 seconds (you barely have 3 here)

for Chapter 3:

> this time the volume is much too loud, almost reaching 94 dB. Please decrease volume by -4 to get to a good average of about 89 dB
> again at the beginning, please only leave about 1 second before you start the intro
> at 2:33: (p. 217) missing part of the sentence (underlined) : "Oh, mestre Cubas, cuántos recuerdos vienen á mi memoria!"
> at 3:07-3:10: between "el mar por losa" and "no, repliqué" – a pause of over 2 seconds feels too long for a listener, you get easily thrown out of the story. I would try to keep pauses down to 1 - 1.5 seconds maximum between paragraphs.

thank you

Sonia
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Very happy with Sonia here! Thank you both of you. I´ll be working on this...
EmilioHerrero

Post by EmilioHerrero »

Hi Sonia and Rapunzelina, less time at the beginning... (I have renamed the file because otherwise I got always the old one)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/tropiquillos_01_perezgaldos_128kb(1).mp3