[Complete] CRIPPS the Carrier by R.D. Blackmore - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I wanted to finish by Jan 31.
The trick will be getting time to record. I usually have to wait for the family to be asleep, and lately I've been dodging the tractors and trucks from the harvest. Fortunately, I can usually hear them approaching before the mic picks them up!
Who woulda thought? 😁
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

RSlabaugh wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:18 am Very good! :) I'm enjoying it so far! What deadline are you hoping for? Maybe you mentioned it sometime, I forget.
When a soloist sets up a project, they are asked for a deadline, but that doesn’t get transferred to the project thread. And no one holds them to it, so long as they are checking in regularly.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Lynnet wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 10:36 am When a soloist sets up a project, they are asked for a deadline, but that doesn’t get transferred to the project thread. And no one holds them to it, so long as they are checking in regularly.
Ah, makes sense! I keep learning new things. :thumbs:
Keratak wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am I wanted to finish by Jan 31.
The trick will be getting time to record. I usually have to wait for the family to be asleep, and lately I've been dodging the tractors and trucks from the harvest. Fortunately, I can usually hear them approaching before the mic picks them up!
Who woulda thought? 😁
Sounds good to me! I’ll likely be gone the last half of Jan, but expect to be home most of Feb. I’ll try to make sure I’m all caught up before I leave, but we can cross those bridges then.
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Keratak wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 11:44 pm Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.
:thumbs: Hopefully I'll have a chance to listen today!

Are you enjoying the MW? I always think it's fun making it show progress! :)
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Sure do! I love being able to just dig into a project. At work, it seems I'm always waiting for someone else to do their part.

Now my only limitations are: finding time to record, and not reading myself to sleep when I'm editing!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I'm not sure what's happening with by login. It won't let me in the BC section.
I don't have time to mess with it tonight.
Ch 4 and 5 are ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/crippscarrier_04_blackmore_128kb.mp3

(6:12)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/crippscarrier_05_blackmore_128kb.mp3
(11:07)
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

...and then I clicked on the BC part by the MW, and I was in.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Keratak wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 10:27 pm ...and then I clicked on the BC part by the MW, and I was in.
Yes, sometimes you have to hold your tongue just right to make it work... :mrgreen:

Glad it worked, and eager for another opportunity to listen! I doubt it’ll happen tomorrow though, I’ll see.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Keratak wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 11:44 pm Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.
Both PL OK :D

You did the owl perfectly in chapter 2! I even jumped a little. :lol:
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Chapters 4 & 5 are also PL OK.

Now I’m in suspense!!
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I'm glad you like them! Thanks for the encouragement, you know how needy actors can be. 😁

Chapters 6 and 7 were the questionable ones. I started listening to them last night, but may have to redo them. This new computer was supposed to be quieter, but it's actually worse. Noise Reduction isn't even taking it out.

Always a learning process.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Keratak wrote: December 8th, 2019, 7:21 pm I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith
Section 6 PL OK

Section 7 PL notes:
1) File should end at 10:47 (Go ahead and listen to the end. :wink:)

2) Volume is a bit lower than the other files have been if I remember correctly. (Don't have the number handy now, but think it was just over 86.) So it's OK, but if you're doing something with the file anyway, I thought you might want to get it to match better. Do check it before you adjust though because I don't have laptop access today to confirm my memory.

Thanks!
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

RSlabaugh wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:32 am
Keratak wrote: December 8th, 2019, 7:21 pm I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith
Section 6 PL OK

Section 7 PL notes:
1) File should end at 10:47 (Go ahead and listen to the end. :wink:)

2) Volume is a bit lower than the other files have been if I remember correctly. (Don't have the number handy now, but think it was just over 86.) So it's OK, but if you're doing something with the file anyway, I thought you might want to get it to match better. Do check it before you adjust though because I don't have laptop access today to confirm my memory.

Thanks!
Ah! you caught me! In my final walkthrough, I realized I'd said, "...the story of the mane." (where, on earth, these slips come from is fodder for a real Psych study!)
Anyway, I tried for about a half-hour to piece together existing audio, and finally had to go up and record that last bit. I gotta do a better job of covering my tracks! :)

Somehow I also edited Ch10 before 9. I went ahead and submitted it, along with the corrected (and loudified) version of Ch 7.

I'm working on Ch 9 next, so feel free to sit tight until they are all in order.

Thanks for the help!

Keith