[COMPLETE] Manners and Rules of Good Society - Or, Solecisms to be Avoided - by a Member of the Aristocracy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
2839reader
Posts: 934
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Post by 2839reader » November 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Signature: KATHLEEN

rmd2001
Posts: 48
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Post by rmd2001 » November 26th, 2019, 8:35 pm

May I have sections 38, 40, and 41, please?
Rachel Marie

KevinS
Posts: 6980
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 26th, 2019, 9:08 pm

2839reader wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_24_anon_128kb.mp3
CORRECTED CHAPTER NUMBER TO 24 AT BEGINNING.
Excellent! Thank you!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

schrm
Posts: 2547
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 26th, 2019, 11:34 pm

thank you kathleen and kevin!


:D

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

schrm
Posts: 2547
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 26th, 2019, 11:42 pm

rmd2001 wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:35 pm
May I have sections 38, 40, and 41, please?
welcome rachel,

to this (...) good society!
:D
38, 40 and 41 are yours!
thank you for your claims and interest into this book!

since you have claimed several chapters in several chapters and you are rather new, i want to hint to our librivox rules and manners:
in case you feel overwhelmed or realize, you won't be able to read all claimed sections, it is no problem to "unclaim" sections (aka set them back to open/freely available for everyone) and/or ask for an extension of the two months rule! we even have the rule of manners, that no questions are asked in the case of giving back some claims :D

cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

rmd2001
Posts: 48
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Post by rmd2001 » November 27th, 2019, 10:56 am

schrm wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 11:42 pm
rmd2001 wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:35 pm
May I have sections 38, 40, and 41, please?
welcome rachel,

to this (...) good society!
:D
38, 40 and 41 are yours!
thank you for your claims and interest into this book!

since you have claimed several chapters in several chapters and you are rather new, i want to hint to our librivox rules and manners:
in case you feel overwhelmed or realize, you won't be able to read all claimed sections, it is no problem to "unclaim" sections (aka set them back to open/freely available for everyone) and/or ask for an extension of the two months rule! we even have the rule of manners, that no questions are asked in the case of giving back some claims :D

cheers,
Thank you!
Rachel Marie

jenno
Posts: 885
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » November 27th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Hi there

I must apologise.

I am experiencing serious computer problems and my guru is away until Saturday so I am afraid I cannot send you any recordings at the moment.

Hope to be back on line soon

Cheers


Jennifer

KevinS
Posts: 6980
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 27th, 2019, 8:31 pm

jenno wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 8:22 pm
Hi there

I must apologise.

I am experiencing serious computer problems and my guru is away until Saturday so I am afraid I cannot send you any recordings at the moment.

Hope to be back on line soon

Cheers


Jennifer
Good luck to you!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

schrm
Posts: 2547
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 27th, 2019, 10:23 pm

rachel: well, i wanted to write projects instead of the second chapters..
i didn't see it with 2 times proofreading this posting...
well..
i'm sorry :D


jennifer: no problem, i'm looking forward to hearing you again :)

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

Dwarika
Posts: 38
Joined: May 7th, 2019, 6:53 am

Post by Dwarika » November 29th, 2019, 4:11 am

hello!!

heres the chapter 21- length - 6.20
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_21anon_128kb.mp3

Dwarika

KevinS
Posts: 6980
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 29th, 2019, 4:47 am

Dwarika wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 4:11 am
hello!!

heres the chapter 21- length - 6.20
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_21anon_128kb.mp3

Dwarika
Thank you! It looks as though you've used an incorrect file name, though.
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

schrm
Posts: 2547
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 29th, 2019, 5:58 am

Dwarika wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 4:11 am
hello!!

heres the chapter 21- length - 6.20
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_21anon_128kb.mp3

Dwarika

hi dwarika,

thank you!
:D

you forgot an underline in the filename: mannersandrules_21anon_128kb.mp3

let's see, what the pl result is.
after a pl ok, the mc of the project can correct a link, when there are edit notes, pleasetakecare of it in the next uload!

i will enter the data asap in the mw!

cheeers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

ClaraK
Posts: 6
Joined: November 26th, 2019, 10:51 am

Post by ClaraK » November 30th, 2019, 3:14 pm

I would like to read section 19 if it is still available.
This would be my first reading so hopefully I am navigating the forum o.k

rmd2001
Posts: 48
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Post by rmd2001 » November 30th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Rachel Marie

schrm
Posts: 2547
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 30th, 2019, 11:19 pm

ClaraK wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 3:14 pm
I would like to read section 19 if it is still available.
This would be my first reading so hopefully I am navigating the forum o.k
hi clara,

welcome to manners and rules of good society!

you are doing perfect work innavigating the forums :-D
chapter 19 was available and is yours now!

a question:
which name do you want to use as a reader? under which name do you want to be found in the catalogue?
--> the catalogue page should show the name, under which you want to be known and you want to read
--> every reader has a cataloguepage. it offers some additional forumfunctionality, eases to keep overview and helps with organising your sections and librivox-work.
--> the reader name can be your forum name, your real name, a nickname or artists name, or something else.
please, tell us under which name you want to read :-D

greetings from austria and cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, katerpoesie, allerlei gelehrte

Post Reply