[COMPLETE][humour/essays]Journeys to Bagdad - Charles S. Brooks - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gojo514

Post by gojo514 »

Kitty:

I completed the one-minute test and posted it somewhere, I thought in accordance with instructions. I cannot see how to post it at the link in your message.

g
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

gojo514 wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 11:27 pm I completed the one-minute test and posted it somewhere, I thought in accordance with instructions. I cannot see how to post it at the link in your message.
you have to first upload your link to our server, with the following link and password:
Choose "test" under the MC tab
Then copy the link that you are given from the uploader and go here: viewforum.php?f=21
At the top and bottom of that page you can click on "New Topic" and there you have to paste this test link and maybe also include which audio software or microphone you are using, so the listener will be a bit more informed about all this.

Please let me know if there are any issues. We'll manage somehow, don't worry :)

Sonia
gojo514

Post by gojo514 »

You say "upload your link." I have no idea what "link" you are talking about. If you mean "file," I have done that. I will try to do it again, following as closely as I can your instructions.

Are you Sonia or Kitty or both?

g
gojo514

Post by gojo514 »

I've tried uploading the test again, but I can't see that it has actually been uploaded. The process looked exactly as it did the first time I tried.

g
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

gojo514 wrote: November 25th, 2019, 10:16 amYou say "upload your link." I have no idea what "link" you are talking about. If you mean "file," I have done that.
yes, sorry, I meant "file". The mp3 file you created on your computer of your recording. Upload it with the uploader, then you should get an uploader link. Copy that link and create a new thread in the Listeners Wanted forum and paste the link there. You need to post your link because otherwise no one will know what to look for to have a listen.

Let me know if you need more help.
Are you Sonia or Kitty or both?
well my real name is Sonia and my forum name is Kitty :)

Sonia
gojo514

Post by gojo514 »

I've uploaded the file (I think) and started a new thread. I didn't know what to call it, so the topic is new test recording.

For librivox purposes, I will use Gordon S. Jones.

g
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

gojo514 wrote: November 26th, 2019, 8:58 am I've uploaded the file (I think) and started a new thread. I didn't know what to call it, so the topic is new test recording.
For librivox purposes, I will use Gordon S. Jones.
yes I just had a look at your test and all is well :thumbs:

so here is your official reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/13739
here you will see all your projects listed, in which you participate.

Have fun with your first official section. :) All the important details for correct intro/outro and filenaming you can read about in the very first post.

Sonia
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Signature: KATHLEEN
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Kathleen, a wonderful narrative, I enjoyed it very much. :9: Nearly word-perfect too :thumbs: I only found one tiny note to add:

> at 1:56: "that is not unlike the tracery of some cathedral’s rounded apse" – I hear "as-pay" but this is actually "apse" (pronounced like the final syllable of "relapse").

The rest is perfect.

Sonia
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Signature: KATHLEEN
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

2839reader wrote: November 28th, 2019, 4:45 pm CORRECTION ON WORD ASPE. THANKS
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/journeystobagdad_05_brooks_128kb.mp3
excellent patch, Kathleen, thank you. Now definitely PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RitaBoutros wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:37 amHere is section 01:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/journeystobagdad_01_brooks_128kb.mp3
31:00
thank you, Rita, this is a great start into the book 8-) excellent narration, I enjoyed it very much. And textually flawless. :thumbs:

Still I have a few small amendments to add:

> from 0:22-0:25: you can cut out the birth/death date of the author, we don't have to mention that in the disclaimer

> at 0:27-0:30: "chapter 1": you can cut this out here, please instead say the title of the chapter "Journeys to Bagdad". Also 3 seconds of pause are a lot here before the chapter starts, you could trim quite a bit, to get around 1.5 seconds maximum

> from 25:58-28:46: between "what this has to do with truantry" and "it was near quitting time": here is a very long pause of nearly 3 minutes ! :shock: what happened here ? please also here, reduce to about 1.5 maximum

the rest was perfect.

Have a nice weekend :)

Sonia
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is chapter 3 on night-caps, 11:55:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/journeystobagdad_03_brooks_128kb.mp3

A surprisingly difficult read with his meandering sentences... I hope I sound half convincing at least.

Sorry, I made a mistake and uploaded the .flac file too which I keep for storage... :oops: Just delete it.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com