[COMPLETE][RELIGIOUS FIC]The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: October 19th, 2019, 12:59 am
ej400 wrote: October 18th, 2019, 5:58 pmI am resigning my DPL job here but will continue to DPL. I have already PM'ed our wonderful MC kitty about this. :D
thank you Elijah, I will take you off the job ;) I think you mean "continue as BC" here. And I will try to PL John's sections as soon as possible, so he won't have to wait too long for feedback.

Sonia
Edited my post :) Thank you Kitty
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnb2 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 8:44 am Chapter 71/section 76 @ 5:05
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cloisterandthehearth_076_reade_128kb.mp3
hi John, since we don't have a DPL right now, and I didn't want to leave you waiting too long for feedback, I listened to your 4 submissions right now. They are all perfectly PL ok and wonderfully narrated. It was really enjoyable to listen to. :D

Thank you very much :)

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: October 21st, 2019, 4:54 am Thank you very much :)
Thank you Sonia!
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

HI

Section 5/6/29/30 please
ej400

Post by ej400 »

johnb2 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 6:20 am HI

Section 5/6/29/30 please
Awesome, thank you for claiming again John!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, Elijah - I see the tilde!

I would be honored to DPL for you, if you're still looking for one for this project.

Nice save of an abandoned book, by the way!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LCaulkins wrote: November 10th, 2019, 7:01 pmI would be honored to DPL for you, if you're still looking for one for this project.
wonderful, thank you so much for helping us with this project, Lynette. :9: I'll give you MW access. Welcome aboard :)

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

LCaulkins wrote: November 10th, 2019, 7:01 pm Hey, Elijah - I see the tilde!

I would be honored to DPL for you, if you're still looking for one for this project.

Nice save of an abandoned book, by the way!
Thank you so much! I appreciate it! Glad to have you here :D <smile>
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: November 11th, 2019, 10:43 am

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! Glad to have you here :D <smile>
:) I'm not going anywhere, but: Holy Smokes! I didn't fully notice until this morning that there are ONE HUNDRED SIX sections!! :lol: :lol:

No sweat. We got this! 8-)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LCaulkins wrote: November 11th, 2019, 11:33 amI'm not going anywhere, but: Holy Smokes! I didn't fully notice until this morning that there are ONE HUNDRED SIX sections!! :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: yes we will be at for quite some time. But I've already had longer projects (the maximum allowed sections is about 250 I think). Some day or other we'll get to the end of it. And sometimes, suprisingly, it can go rather fast.

Sonia
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

johnb2 wrote: November 16th, 2019, 1:09 pm Section 006 @ 8:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cloisterandthehearth_006_reade_128kb.mp3
Hi, John - thanks so much for helping with this project!

PL notes for section 006
Two small fixes:

The end only has 1 second of silence instead of the 5 that are needed.
At time stamp 3:21 - 3:22, you recorded "These are cruel words" instead of "These are idle words." Glancing around for context, I think it does change the meaning somewhat, so it needs an edit.
~Lynette * -
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you John and Lynette :)

Lynette, I forgot to copy the link into the MW ;) I'll do it now.

As a useful advice though, it's always best to first put the link into the MW, then download from there, not from the post in the project thread. The reason is that we need to make sure the link in the MW is the correct section, so if anything went wrong with the copying of the link into the MW, you will notice it when you download from there. But you won't notice if you download from the post. So always download any section you want to PL from the MW. It's very important.

Sonia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Kitty wrote: November 17th, 2019, 11:24 am thank you John and Lynette :)

Lynette, I forgot to copy the link into the MW ;) I'll do it now.

As a useful advice though, it's always best to first put the link into the MW, then download from there, not from the post in the project thread. The reason is that we need to make sure the link in the MW is the correct section, so if anything went wrong with the copying of the link into the MW, you will notice it when you download from there. But you won't notice if you download from the post. So always download any section you want to PL from the MW. It's very important.

Sonia
Will do. Thanks for the info! I did check his file name against the chapter, but didn't know it was "cool" for the DPL to put the link into the MW. Good to know it's OK for me to do that in this role. :)
~Lynette * -
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LCaulkins wrote: November 17th, 2019, 11:47 amWill do. Thanks for the info! I did check his file name against the chapter, but didn't know it was "cool" for the DPL to put the link into the MW. Good to know it's OK for me to do that in this role. :)
yes it all depends on the BC of course, some want to keep the jobs separate, so you need to discuss this in every project anew.

Since Elijah here currently doesn't have as much time, I am sure he is fine with you stepping in to update the MW when needed. I'll keep an eye on it as well, in case anything gets lost or forgotten, so don't worry. :) You're not alone.

Sonia