[COMPLETE] The Book of Irish Poetry, part II by A. P. Graves - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

The Book of Irish Poetry, part II by Various ( - 0). Translated by Alfred Perceval Graves (1846 - 1931)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-book-of-irish-poetry-part-ii-by-various/
A collection of Irish poetry, edited and largely translated by Alfred Perceval Graves. This is the second part of the book. ( Kikisaulite)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/cu31924013512482/page/n7
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Poetry; Poetry/Anthologies

Keywords that describe the book: poetry, Irish, Ireland

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro) please read the abbreviated LibriVox Disclaimer
      • "[Poem Title by Author (as in the MW)] from the Book of Irish Poetry, Part II, read for LibriVox.org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Poem Title by Author]. This recording is in the public domain."
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Book of Irish Poetry, Part II edited and translated by Alfred Perceval Graves. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      irishpoetrypart2_###_graves_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. irishpoetrypart2_001_graves_128kb.mp3)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kikisaulite
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

OK, so the poem titles are in the box, all 150 of them. Readers and a DPL - welcome!!!

Please note, that as this is the second part of the book, it starts from page 184.
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Kristine!

May I claim 20,37,71,78,85,102,123 please.

Thanks!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hello. May I claim sections 3, 90, and 114?
~ Stefan V.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

NemoR wrote: November 15th, 2019, 4:03 pm Hi Kristine!

Thanks!
Sections assigned, thanks!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

svonb002 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:55 pm Hello. May I claim sections 3, 90, and 114?
All yours, thanks!
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kikisaulite wrote: November 16th, 2019, 3:49 am
NemoR wrote: November 15th, 2019, 4:03 pm Hi Kristine!

Thanks!
Sections assigned, thanks!
Hi Kristine, quick question:

Where would you like us to read the Author's name? ... at the beginning in the Into after the Poem Title, or at the end after reading the poem?
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ellies

Post by ellies »

Oh, could not resist the 2nd part of Irish poetry!
May I claim sections 140-150 inclusive please?

thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
saralisse

Post by saralisse »

I'd love to claim section 8, please!
erieston

Post by erieston »

I'll happily DLP for you! Irish poetry sounds like it'll be a good listen!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

NemoR wrote: November 20th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Hi Kristine, quick question:

Where would you like us to read the Author's name? ... at the beginning in the Into after the Poem Title, or at the end after reading the poem?
Thanks for asking! Please say the authors name both at the beginning and after the poem. I made corresponding corrections to the first post as well, to make clear that "poem title" in this case includes also the author's name.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

ellies wrote: November 21st, 2019, 1:32 am Oh, could not resist the 2nd part of Irish poetry!
May I claim sections 140-150 inclusive please?

thanks
ellies
Hi and nice to see you! :D I was kind of hoping you'd show up here. :)

All yours!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

saralisse wrote: November 21st, 2019, 11:00 am I'd love to claim section 8, please!
Hi, Saralisse and welcome to Librivox!
We strongly encourage all readers to first submit a short 1-minute test to check that all technical details of the recording are correct, before starting on an actual recording. It saves much time and effort for you to get the specs correct from the beginning. Here you can read all about the test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please complete the test and come back here and I'll assign the chapter to you properly. Thanks!
Have fun here!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

erieston wrote: November 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm I'll happily DLP for you! Irish poetry sounds like it'll be a good listen!
Thanks and welcome! :)
slyma12

Post by slyma12 »

I will like to claim from 124 to 139