[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Ok then, I'll try my best.
I would like to read Section 3 "Giornata prima parte seconda".

Thank you
Eysiss
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Fine Eysiss ,
I marked the section as assigned (for you Eysiss), but I was not able to mark your name, since you are a new reader in this project, I believe, and apparently I am not able to add new readers.
So I'll have to leave it to you Monika, hoping I didn't make any mess in the MW :roll: !
Pier
Note: So glad to have a new reader in this project! :D
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Monika,
as far as:
"novelreader wrote: ↑29 Sep 2019, 15:15
I have just realised that the text for this section starts at the bottom of page 100, instead of 101 so perhaps the information in the magic window could be changed for section 13 end page as well as section 14 start page? Many thanks!"
I have just arranged it in the MW, even if it is not critical.
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you so much, Pier. MW is looking good :thumbs:

I finally managed to assign the section, the connection or the webpage, whatever, was bugging around but now it is done :)
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Eysiss wrote: November 1st, 2019, 9:48 am Hallo.
Here section 03.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_03_galilei_128kb.mp3
duration 26:38

Eysiss
Good! I will listen to it as soon as possible.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 1st, 2019, 10:01 am
Eysiss wrote: November 1st, 2019, 9:48 am Hallo.
Here section 03.

Eysiss
Good! I will listen to it as soon as possible.
Pier

Emanuela,
Very, very good! :clap:
You arrived, at your first try, to read a full section of this difficult text without any mistake!
The section is certainly PL O.K.

Just a few notes ad comments:
- At 4:57 minutes (pag. 15, 2 lines before the note. The text is.” …. composto; s che la semplicità…” but “s” doesn’t make any sense and you read correctly “sì” as I found written on other version of the text. In fact, we need to read “exactly” the indicated version of the text, but not, of course in my opinion, in case of evident mistakes.
- At pag.22 (25:09), I have a doubt of general nature: Is it better or not to read “fig.4”? To read the number of the figure doesn’t help the listener just listening to the text, but can it be useful for someone willing to search the written text to better understand. What does Monika suggest on this point?
Finally at pag 21 (22:44m) (approximately half page) a small accentuation question: I personally would prefer the pronunciation “persuadére” to “ persuàdere. But I am probably too “pignolo”.
Thanks Emanuela, looking forward to your next readings,
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank the both of you :thumbs:
Wow, Pier, you listened faster than I could edit the MW :lol:
Iunta4Ios wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:40 am At pag.22 (25:09), I have a doubt of general nature: Is it better or not to read “fig.4”? To read the number of the figure doesn’t help the listener just listening to the text, but can it be useful for someone willing to search the written text to better understand. What does Monika suggest on this point?
As it is not read, I would just leave it as it is, editing therefor would be too much I think. If someone wants to read it, it is fine for me but I won't ask for it.
I think if I listened to the text, I'd have a look anyway if there is a drawing and then I'd see the figure and the number.
Availle, what do you think on this matter?
Iunta4Ios wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:40 am In fact, we need to read “exactly” the indicated version of the text, but not, of course in my opinion, in case of evident mistakes.
Actually, as far as I remember PL is standard here, so if the sense is given, we do not really need to be wordperfect ;)
Iunta4Ios wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:40 am Finally at pag 21 (22:44m) (approximately half page) a small accentuation question: I personally would prefer the pronunciation “persuadére” to “ persuàdere. But I am probably too “pignolo”.
:hmm: Is it possible that it is just a matter of different dialects? In any way, Eysiss, no need to edit as Pier already said the section is PL OK :) Of course you may if you feel an urgent need to, in this case please only edit the spot and tell us that you did, so that Pier can spot check the file :)
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hallo Pier and Monika
- At 4:57 minutes (pag. 15, 2 lines before the note. The text is.” …. composto; s che la semplicità…” but “s” doesn’t make any sense and you read correctly “sì” as I found written on other version of the text. In fact, we need to read “exactly” the indicated version of the text, but not, of course in my opinion, in case of evident mistakes.
Yes, I read "si'" because I found that the space between the words may be a little too large and suggested a disappearing letter. So I went trough a research and found out that most of the textes are using "si'"
(sometimes I also volunteer for Project Gutemberg and I look at those kind of missing letters signals with glaring eyes :lol: ). I have to say that the text is hard to read, more the odd pages than the even ones because of the shading of the paper.
- At pag.22 (25:09), I have a doubt of general nature: Is it better or not to read “fig.4”? To read the number of the figure doesn’t help the listener just listening to the text, but can it be useful for someone willing to search the written text to better understand. What does Monika suggest on this point?
I thought about this a lot before deciding not to read it. My decision was leaded by the thought that probably it will be listened by someone who is not actually reading it, so it would be misleading to say "vedi figura 4" or something like that. And I also saw that Salviati then explains very carefully what he is drawing, so I imagined myself hearing at it and picturing the geometrical image in my mind. But, as you say, it can be useful for someone willing to search the wtitten text later.
Iunta4Ios wrote: ↑Today, 11:40 am
Finally at pag 21 (22:44m) (approximately half page) a small accentuation question: I personally would prefer the pronunciation “persuadére” to “ persuàdere. But I am probably too “pignolo”.
:hmm: Is it possible that it is just a matter of different dialects? In any way, Eysiss, no need to edit as Pier already said the section is PL OK :) Of course you may if you feel an urgent need to, in this case please only edit the spot and tell us that you did, so that Pier can spot check the file :)
This is what happens when using mother tongue. I use to say it like that, and not even saw it.
But! never stop to learn!
I edited the spot, so please Pier see if it's Ok. :D

Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I'll have a look at the spot correction tomorrow. There was no really need to make any correction. I mentioned it just for love of precision, but it is absolutely understandable to anyone anyway the accentuation is given.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Eysiss wrote: November 1st, 2019, 1:24 pm
I edited the spot, so please Pier see if it's Ok. :D

Perfect! :9:
I promise in the future to refrain, as far as possible, from such
"schoolmarmish" remarks!
Anyway here you can find a note about the pronunciation of "persuadere":
http://www.treccani.it/enciclopedia/persuadere-o-persuadere_%28La-grammatica-italiana%29/
The "incorrigible tedious :roll: " Pier
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Then I'd like to read section 15, "Giornata Seconda, Parte Prima".
Thank you!

Eysiss
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Iunta4Ios wrote: November 1st, 2019, 11:40 am
I have a doubt of general nature: Is it better or not to read “fig.4”? To read the number of the figure doesn’t help the listener just listening to the text, but can it be useful for someone willing to search the written text to better understand. What does Monika suggest on this point?
To address this very quickly, in general, we don't read figure captions (the stuff that goes underneath a figure or a table).
We do read references to figures like this one seems to be, if it is in a full sentence: "And as you can see in Fig. 4, a lot of interesting stuff happens."
If it is in parenthesis, you may leave the reference out (just like we leave out footnotes), but it may be helpful to a listener if he wants to look up the figure: "And as is obvious, a lot of interesting stuff happens (Fig. 4).

I hope this clarifies things a little - not that I can help much with the text itself. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hallo. Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_15_galilei_128kb.mp3

duration: 22:43

I think there have been some issues with this one, I do not know if it is possible to "equalize" the volume of the file. Seems to me that in the first part the volume is lower than the second part.
I used MP3 gain because it was 83, but still seems not balanced.

Eysiss
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Eysiss wrote: November 12th, 2019, 3:44 pm Hallo. Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_15_galilei_128kb.mp3

duration: 22:43

I think there have been some issues with this one, I do not know if it is possible to "equalize" the volume of the file. Seems to me that in the first part the volume is lower than the second part.
I used MP3 gain because it was 83, but still seems not balanced.

Eysiss
Ok. I'll listen to it and let you know my opinion on the quality of the sound.
Pier