[COMPLETE]Love Stories Volume 2 -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Mark, sure I'll take a shot at PLing your story... If Michele approves.
As for your variation on the joke: Забавно!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lovestories2_grievingbride_sologub_mc_128kb.mp3 [50:36]
Опечаленная невеста (Grieving Bride)
Фёдор Сологуб (Fyodor Sologub) 1863-1927
Source: https://imwerden.de/pdf/sologub_sochinenija_tom7_1911.pdf page 19.

A unique love story between two who never met...
Thank you, Bill!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Mark.... an HOUR long?!?!?!?!? Not 10 minutes?
Я не давно не изучал русский язык.
Это будет сложно, но я сделаю это завтра.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Mark and Bill, LV allows up to 70 minutes for one file, so an hour long story is perfectly acceptable.
roaringlionfish

Post by roaringlionfish »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Horner94 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:51 pm I also just wanted to let you know that I have added another recording to this collection (On Love by Kalil Gibran), above, just in case you overlooked it.
Kind regards,
Chad
I've combed through the pages and don't see a post re On Love. Could you please post it again?
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

williamjones wrote: November 10th, 2019, 8:50 pm Mark.... an HOUR long?!?!?!?!? Not 10 minutes?
Я не давно не изучал русский язык.
Это будет сложно, но я сделаю это завтра.
Thank you, Bill, no rush and no pressure.
Isn't 10 min a bit too quick for true love though? :-)
But seriously, if you find it too difficult, feel free to say no!
Thanks again!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
msfry

Post by msfry »

Love and Lovers is PL OK. What an adorable story, Nesli. I feel so happy now. :9:
How about another?
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Knowledge of Christ's Love is PL OK, except that the volume checks out at 86.1. Please increase volume +3 or +4 to 89 or 90, upload using the same file name, and let me know when this is done.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Her Lover

Thank you for your submission, roaringlionfish, and welcome to Librivox.
Your story is interesting. Your voice is resonant and pleasant, your enthusiasm refreshing. I hope you contribute a lot to Librivox.

On this story, I will cite a few things that should be corrected, then make a general comment about your delivery.

6:23 plainly the poor wench, you say wrench
10:28 through the mist, you say midst

I did not time stamp any instances, but you talk so fast at times that some of your syllables get swallowed. For instance:
Did not understand comes out dina uner stan; For herself comes out ferself; pensively comes out pensely. This is not uncommon and easily avoided by reading a bit more slowly and deliberately. You can always use the Tempo effect later to regulate the speed of a phrase or segment, or a whole file.

If you need help editing, there are plenty of tutorials on the Librivox wiki (see menu above).
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:48 pm PL Notes for When One Loves

My only note pertains to the file name. Please reload taking the underscores out of the title: _when_one_loves_, should be _whenoneloves_

All else PL OK. Thank you.
Have you submitted the file with the corrected file name? I'm playing catch up this evening and can't find a post to that effect.
Nesli

Post by Nesli »

msfry wrote: November 11th, 2019, 3:05 pm Love and Lovers is PL OK. What an adorable story, Nesli. I feel so happy now. :9:
How about another?
I was planning to read another story.
But I have a terrible flu and the voice of an aged baritone :cry:
(Can actually do a story with a first person old male narrator :P if I can get my energy together)
Nesli
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: November 12th, 2019, 2:42 pm Have re-uploaded when love o. henry

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lovestories2_whenoneloves_henry_wj_128kb.mp3

no time change
Thanks, Bill.
Checking against the text again to make sure it's the right file, I notice another anomaly. There is no story named "When One Loves" in this collection. The story begins:

A SERVICE OF LOVE

When one loves one's Art no service seems too hard.

Thus, you need to redo the Intro and Outro reciting the correct story title, and rename the file _serviceoflove_

P.S. When One Loves One's Art does seem a more fitting title, but we have to go with the author's choice.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

A Service of Love by O. Henry uploaded still another time with Intro and Outro reflecting the correct name of the selection "A Service of Love".

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lovestories2_serviceoflove_henry_wj_128kb.mp3 16:14
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison