COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 13 is PL OK! :9:

Also, Linny is helping me edit Railway Children so you don’t need to worry about that one.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I'm so glad you've found another editor. I was disappointed to have to back out of that one. It's a fun book. But there are only so many hours in the day. :roll:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

14 also ready for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

If either of you need editing or PL help elsewhere just let me know. I finally finished Crime and Punishment so I have some extra time.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for the offer, Linny. I expect I'll be able to finish up here within the month, just in time to start editing for the other Dolittle. So I've got these pretty well covered, I think.

On that note, all of the remaining sections are assembled. I'll go ahead and upload a draft of each of them, in case my computer gets fried or my house burns down or something equally catastrophic.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 14 is PL OK! All the voices here work so well together!

My girls have been asking when their porpoise section would turn up - it’s very cute to hear them talk together as the porpoises!
linny

Post by linny »

mightyfelix wrote: November 8th, 2019, 2:09 pm On that note, all of the remaining sections are assembled. I'll go ahead and upload a draft of each of them, in case my computer gets fried or my house burns down or something equally catastrophic.
lol I do the exact same thing. It's just too much work to take the chance.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

15 Ready for PL
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

16 also ready for PL.

I realized when I was cobbling this together that I color coded one of the lines for the Doctor, when it should have been a crowd line. So I only have one Popsipetel voice for that part. (Lucky we have that one, really!) This takes place at about 19:30. I think it sounds fine, though of course would have been better to have multiple voices there. Let me know if you think we should try to add a voice or two. I bet it's doable, if so.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I really think it would be better to have a few more voices for the crowd lines:

“He comes!—He comes!” murmured the crowd. “Away! Away!—To the Whispering Rocks!”

I can record it for you, plus if you record it yourself, and if anyone else is on the thread still they can add a voice, that should be enough.

The rest of section 16 was PL Ok.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: November 10th, 2019, 6:27 pm I really think it would be better to have a few more voices for the crowd lines:

“He comes!—He comes!” murmured the crowd. “Away! Away!—To the Whispering Rocks!”

I can record it for you, plus if you record it yourself, and if anyone else is on the thread still they can add a voice, that should be enough.

The rest of section 16 was PL Ok.
I'd rather it not be your voice or mine, since we are two of the main characters. But I can post a call for help in the orphans thread? We should have some takers there, since it's just a couple of lines.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Good idea! Although I was going to use my regular voice, not my parrot voice!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, yes, but your voice is still somewhat distinctive, and I think would be noticeable. I'll post in the orphans thread soon...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OK, here's my two porpoise girls doing the crowd lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyages_crowdscene.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 15 is PL OK!