COMPLETE [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ho-kay ....

I think I have these right now.
I'm perfectly capable of making the same mistake twice, that's for sure.
So, I have the corrections for 15 -- The first one was an editing error, and I was able to retrieve it from the original, so it sound fine. The other two I had to record again, so I hope they'll not be too bad of a fit. I tagged on the new one for Section 10.

Yep, those tribes tended to trip me up, and I had to do quite a few retakes. Glad you were able to do a patch on the jabberwockys of Bagdag End, or whoever they were. :lol:

Let me know when other correction crop up:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_line_15-10_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Chapters 17 and 19 are PL OK! For some reasons Ch 18 wasn't loading earlier, I'll try it again this evening.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:21 pm Narration for Chapters 17 and 19 are PL OK! For some reasons Ch 18 wasn't loading earlier, I'll try it again this evening.
Hmm, that's somewhat concerning. :hmm: It's not loading for me either. I'll check the link tomorrow. Past my bedtime right now. If I can find the file tomorrow, I might go ahead and PL it right then. It'll probably be the middle of the night for you at that point, just like it is for me right now. :wink: Past my bedtime, in fact, so I really should go, I suppose. :lol: Good night!

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, did you see the new Boreham, linked in my signature? I had hoped I might see you over in that project before too much longer. :wink:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Chapter 18 is here! It was the link in the MW that was the problem - I've fixed it, and Pled the file itself.

PL notes:
@6:00 should be plural "porpoises" please
@7:12 wrong word "the porpoises grew a little more hopeful"

Yes, I intend to participate in the new Boreham book, but I've got a few history pieces of my own to record first!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Elizabby wrote: October 5th, 2019, 11:20 pm Narration for Chapter 18 is here! It was the link in the MW that was the problem - I've fixed it, and Pled the file itself.

PL notes:

Yes, I intend to participate in the new Boreham book, but I've got a few history pieces of my own to record first!
I'll put these on my list to do.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: October 5th, 2019, 11:20 pm Narration for Chapter 18 is here! It was the link in the MW that was the problem - I've fixed it, and Pled the file itself.

PL notes:

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on with it. Thanks a lot! :D

I just started my new job last week, so I now have two part-times. But I'll still have about three free nights every week, and I'm going to try to make a push to get this one finished!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 11 is PL OK! Lovely editing, especially where Tommy interrupts the Doctor! And I loved Leanne’s Silver Fidgit, who does voices as he tells his story!

I think sections 18 and 19 are ready to edit, when you have time. My girls are very excited to hear their porpoise voices in context!

Edit: no, sorry, Section 18 still has PL notes for the narrator - they’ll just have to wait a bit longer!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PL notes:
Here are the corrections.
Since the second one, which i think is "hopeful" but not clearly enunciated, occurs in the middle of a long passage, I have recorded a larger portion of it, so you can chose where to edit it in so it sounds best.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_18_corrections128kb.mp3
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:45 am

PL notes:
Here are the corrections.
Since the second one, which i think is "hopeful" but not clearly enunciated, occurs in the middle of a long passage, I have recorded a larger portion of it, so you can chose where to edit it in so it sounds best.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_18_corrections128kb.mp3
Thanks Larry. I've just checked all of these, and they will work great! I adjusted the bass/treble balance of the corrections, and I think I found a combination that sounds pretty close. I think I'm still missing 14, though:
mightyfelix wrote: September 29th, 2019, 10:28 pm Looks like I owe you another apology. I'd thought that all the narration files were already PL ok, but it looks like there are several still waiting. I went ahead and checked 14 just now. There's only one note.

Missing "Long Arrow replied" at 14:30. You can submit this in its own file also.

I know you have a new setup now, and the sound may not match, but I'll do my best with whatever you can give me. My fault for letting them wait so long, I guess.
Unless it just got buried in the thread somewhere? :hmm: If so, please help me find it! :lol:

Working on editing now. This project is at the top of my priority list.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 10 is ready for PL.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 12 also ready for PL.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 10 and 12 PL OK! I liked how you handled the crowd scenes with the multiple voices!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: October 17th, 2019, 5:26 pm
Looks like I owe you another apology. I'd thought that all the narration files were already PL ok, but it looks like there are several still waiting. I went ahead and checked 14 just now. There's only one note.

Missing "Long Arrow replied" at 14:30. You can submit this in its own file also.

Unless it just got buried in the thread somewhere? :hmm: If so, please help me find it! :lol:

Working on editing now. This project is at the top of my priority list.
Okay, I think this is it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_line_14_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you need anything else.

~Larry
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, I have sections 13-16 now assembled. Need to groom, adjust, tweak, you know.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 13 ready for PL!