Complete [POETRY] Introducing Irony by Maxwell Bodenheim-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
erieston

Post by erieston »

Sections 01 and 13 PL OK! :thumbs:

Section 03* PL Notes:
º01:31 - In "given to moods of understanding," there seems to be some kind of strange cut in the middle of "moods".

Section 10 and 12 PL Notes:
º Beautiful recordings, but at the end you should state that "This recording is in the public domain"; I hear "this poem is in the public domain" at the end of each.
At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." [For 23-32 say, End of STORY. This recording is in the public domain."
Section 15* PL Notes:
º00:26-28 - I hear a stumble: "Herald's of a-reckless solitude. . ."

Section 17* PL Notes:
º01:14-16 - I hear "Her black hair. . ." instead of "Hear black hat. . ."

Section 18* PL Notes:
º00:14 - I hear "Pacing down th-late sky. . ." instead of "pacing down the sky. . ."

* For each of the asterisked audio clips: I hear a sort of tinny/mechanical echo throughout each of these poems and the audio clips sound like they are very heavily distorted.

Checker: All Passed :clap:
Muzika

Post by Muzika »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
erieston

Post by erieston »

Section 05 PL Notes:

º I hear "Librivox dot com" instead of "Librivox dot org" in the disclaimer.
silverquill wrote: October 20th, 2019, 3:13 pm
At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
"[Poem title], by Maxwell Bodenheim, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
Section 06 PL Notes:

º01:19 - I hear "significance that shoots behind it," instead of "significance that shoots beyond it."

º hear some bumping/shuffling noises in the background throughout the poem. You could maybe try to reduce these by using the noise reduction feature on audacity.

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello,
I have just completed my edits for sections 03, 15, 17 & 18.
Not for the sound you mentioned though. I did use the noise reduction 3 times, would you like for me to do that again? Please do let me know & than I will repost the sections.
April
erieston wrote: October 28th, 2019, 4:45 pm Sections 01 and 13 PL OK! :thumbs:

Section 03* PL Notes:
º01:31 - In "given to moods of understanding," there seems to be some kind of strange cut in the middle of "moods".

Section 10 and 12 PL Notes:
º Beautiful recordings, but at the end you should state that "This recording is in the public domain"; I hear "this poem is in the public domain" at the end of each.
At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." [For 23-32 say, End of STORY. This recording is in the public domain."
Section 15* PL Notes:
º00:26-28 - I hear a stumble: "Herald's of a-reckless solitude. . ."

Section 17* PL Notes:
º01:14-16 - I hear "Her black hair. . ." instead of "Hear black hat. . ."

Section 18* PL Notes:
º00:14 - I hear "Pacing down th-late sky. . ." instead of "pacing down the sky. . ."

* For each of the asterisked audio clips: I hear a sort of tinny/mechanical echo throughout each of these poems and the audio clips sound like they are very heavily distorted.

April
erieston

Post by erieston »

adr6090 wrote: October 29th, 2019, 3:29 pm Hello,
Not for the sound you mentioned though. I did use the noise reduction 3 times, would you like for me to do that again? Please do let me know & than I will repost the sections.
April
I fear that using noise reduction 3 times is what caused the tinny-sound to appear. If you amplify or reduce noise too much the audio can become distorted and therefore have a “mechanical” or tinny echo. Since the readings are not long I would suggest just rereading them and try not to use noice reduction or amplification more than once or twice (LibriVox has awesome videos that you can watch that can explain in more detail if you need a visual guide) and only amplify or reduce as needed.

I’m sure the MC and BC also have helpful tips as well to help.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

April
Hi, April.
I’m stepping in here and marking these as PL OK.

I’ve listened to these and under standard PL criteria they are quite acceptable.

Could the audio be better? It almost always can because few of us have professionl studios and equipment. But we don’t expect or require perfection. Some ambient background noise is expected. My personal practice, though, is to use one pass of low pass of low level noise reduction because I still pick up a bit of fan noise. (I have permission to turn off the noisy appliance}. Only if there is still something significant remaining will I do a second pass, using a second noise sample. I find to low level passes cause less distortion than one heavy pass.

The is just a small amount of distortion in your audio, and I have good ear phones. So, you can take the remarks as suggestions, but certainly no need to re-record all of these.

Thanks for your contributions.

~Larry
~ Larry
erieston

Post by erieston »

silverquill wrote: October 29th, 2019, 8:31 pm
April
Hi, April.

I’ve listened to these and under standard PL criteria they are quite acceptable.

Could the audio be better? It almost always can because few of us have professionl studios and equipment. But we don’t expect or require perfection. Some ambient background noise is expected. My personal practice, though, is to use one pass of low pass of low level noise reduction because I still pick up a bit of fan noise. (I have permission to turn off the noisy appliance}. Only if there is still something significant remaining will I do a second pass, using a second noise sample. I find to low level passes cause less distortion than one heavy pass.

The is just a small amount of distortion in your audio, and I have good ear phones. So, you can take the remarks as suggestions, but certainly no need to re-record all of these.

~Larry
Thank you for stepping in, Larry; sorry for any confusion on my part.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you for your advice though I believe that I will go with what Larry has mentioned & not re record as he has marked them pl okay.
April
erieston wrote: October 29th, 2019, 5:03 pm
April
I fear that using noise reduction 3 times is what caused the tinny-sound to appear. If you amplify or reduce noise too much the audio can become distorted and therefore have a “mechanical” or tinny echo. Since the readings are not long I would suggest just rereading them and try not to use noice reduction or amplification more than once or twice (LibriVox has awesome videos that you can watch that can explain in more detail if you need a visual guide) and only amplify or reduce as needed.

I’m sure the MC and BC also have helpful tips as well to help.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you Larry,
I appreciate your marking my sections here as pl okay & I will take your advice to heart.
April
April
Hi, April.

~Larry
lilianelizabeth

Post by lilianelizabeth »

Hello,

Here is section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/irony_04_bodenheim_128kb.mp3

Time - 2:51

Thank you!

Lilian
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Larry,
It just dawned on me that I did the corrections and have not posted those so while I do appreciate your marking them pl okay, shouldn't I at least re post so the other errors are correct?
April
April
Hi, April.

~Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

adr6090 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm Larry,
It just dawned on me that I did the corrections and have not posted those so while I do appreciate your marking them pl okay, shouldn't I at least re post so the other errors are correct?
April
True.
I was just sampling for the audio issues, assuming these were the corrected files.
~ Larry
slyma12

Post by slyma12 »

Hallo,
I would like to read section 21 (Pronounced fantasy)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

slyma12 wrote: October 31st, 2019, 4:45 am Hallo,
I would like to read section 21 (Pronounced fantasy)
Thank you!
I have added you to the Magic Window
~ Larry