Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Todd, can I claim the second singer (spoken) Act 1, the 2nd lawyer and the child in Act 2?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this lawyer is simply the best !!! You sound like a rap-star ! So coooool. But you're not done with that task yet. There is another part you have to read as rap-lawyer ;)
All nations civilised,
French, Dutch, and English,
Portuguese, Germans, Flemish,
Italians and Spanish,
By wisdom's sceptre swayed,
For this the self-same law have made.
The affair allows no doubt,
Polygamy's a case,
A case of hanging.
As for child and singer, yes those two are PL ok. The child would have to repeat the fayther cries, but Todd can use the first version in both mergings, so all is well

Thank you so much, this was a memorable performance. :thumbs:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Here is the corrected file with the 2nd verse for the 2nd lawyer. I saw a person read " child 1" in the magic window with the same lines ( fayther fayther fayther ) so I only read it once. :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pourceaugnac_2ndlawyer_2_corrected_128kb.mp3 00:47
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: October 30th, 2019, 10:08 pm Here is the corrected file with the 2nd verse for the 2nd lawyer. I saw a person read " child 1" in the magic window with the same lines ( fayther fayther fayther ) so I only read it once. :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pourceaugnac_2ndlawyer_2_corrected_128kb.mp3 00:47
wonderful again :clap: really really love the rap-touch.

As for the children, I think the point was that they were both screaming together and crowding Pourceaugnac, but as I said, it's fine, Todd can use your version twice, or maybe he doesn't merge the voices and uses each child on their own, like you suggested. Both are ok.

Lawyer now also PL ok. Just for next time, please always use the same file name, no need to add "corrected" to the name. With the same name it will replace the old file in the MW. But it's ok now, I'll exchange the link and all is well :)

Thank you, and I hope I'll see you again soon in another play.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: October 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2019, 4:56 amIf you can send me a sound file I will try it. Knowing that I will fail, of course. But maybe in a funny fashion.
of course I can do that. And I'm sure you will do well.
Sonia
Okay, I have updated the first physician file for Act 1 with the Italian at the end. Prepare to cringe.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 1st, 2019, 12:15 pmOkay, I have updated the first physician file for Act 1 with the Italian at the end. Prepare to cringe.
after this warning I was prepared for the worst... so I wasn't expecting this ! This is brilliant, Todd ! You absolutely managed to emulate my example file and it sounds really really good and all the words are perfectly understandable for any Italian speaker. :thumbs: I think you finally got out of your monolingualism ;)

Super work, and PL ok. Loved it !

thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

It is all due to your example file.

(I am thinking about leaving the English version in the play - a second verse/repeat - for the non-Italian speaking folks....)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 6:19 am (I am thinking about leaving the English version in the play - a second verse/repeat - for the non-Italian speaking folks....)
that is actually a good idea, so you will use both versions the one after the other ? Sounds good to me. We need to listen to what it will sound like later on assembled.

But it's a clever idea.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:03 am
ToddHW wrote: June 14th, 2019, 12:51 pmI had completely forgotten that. This is NOT payback!
oh, that means it's still outstanding :? (I thought this was a way to be let off easily)

well, here is the French version of Monsieur and Madame, you're right, it fits better with the French pronunciation of the name. And I think I managed to get the right exact tone of voice again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/monsieurdepourceaugnac_nerine_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:35 min.

I only changed the following 4 time-stamps (she said it 3 times without any title) :

> 0:32-0:34: that Monsieur de Pourceaugnac
> 1:08-1:12: I boil over with Monsieur de Pourceaugnac.
> 1:17-1:22: No, you shall not be Madame de Pourceaugnac
> 1:39-1:41: Monsieur de Pourceaugnac

Sonia
Thank you so much for including the timecode of the changes in this note. That way it was easy to fix this morning what last night I did using the earlier version of your file!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 4th, 2019, 8:04 amThank you so much for including the timecode of the changes in this note. That way it was easy to fix this morning what last night I did using the earlier version of your file!
:hmm: how come the new file didn't replace the old one in the MW ?

Well, good you used the French version now, since you made me correct them back then :evil: :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: November 4th, 2019, 10:04 am
ToddHW wrote: November 4th, 2019, 8:04 amThank you so much for including the timecode of the changes in this note. That way it was easy to fix this morning what last night I did using the earlier version of your file!
:hmm: how come the new file didn't replace the old one in the MW ?

Well, good you used the French version now, since you made me correct them back then :evil: :lol:

Sonia
Becuz instead of using the file in the MW I used the first file I had already previously downloaded. Bad me!

Thanks, Todd