[COMPLETE][DR] The History of Emily Montague Vol II by Frances Moore Brooke - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: September 8th, 2019, 9:33 am I'll get to work straight away. To be honest, I wasn't certain what was to be done, but I'll just start PLing everything that's here that isn't mine.
thank you Kevin. If Elsie can't PL your sections, I will do them, no worries :)

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 has the smallest of discrepancies from the text, but I don't know if I am to do word perfect or not.

1:53 or so prevailed upon to consent to in his favor 'in' is missing
3:49 or so constraint and dullness seems should be 'constraint and dullness seem'
7:40 or so The date should be the 29th and not the 19th
9:07 or so to my father's apartment should be 'in my father's apartment'
12:50 or so has not the courage should be 'has not courage'
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: September 8th, 2019, 3:46 pmSection 1 has the smallest of discrepancies from the text, but I don't know if I am to do word perfect or not.
I don't think it needs to be wordperfect, so we usually check whether the meaning is changed much

Here I would say, the red ones should probably be corrected but the blue ones are optional:
3:49 or so constraint and dullness seems should be 'constraint and dullness seem'
Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: August 30th, 2019, 10:13 am I think this fixes things.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/emilymontague2_fermor_7_128kb.mp3
Kevin I Spot checked your file and it's PL ok now. Good patches. :thumbs: Thank you

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:01 am
KevinS wrote: September 8th, 2019, 3:46 pmSection 1 has the smallest of discrepancies from the text, but I don't know if I am to do word perfect or not.
I don't think it needs to be wordperfect, so we usually check whether the meaning is changed much

Here I would say, the red ones should probably be corrected but the blue ones are optional:
Sonia
Thank you. I'll keep at it today, I hope. (Doctor appt., though.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, I just realized that I am using text sections instead of MW sections.

So, to correct matters, I need to say that it is Section 8 that needs the three adjustments referenced above.

And Section 9 has 3 small discrepancies. They are as follows:

2:34 'winter' not 'writer'
3:22 'is that of' not 'as that of'
8:28 'that equally charms'
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 10 and 11 now PL OK!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: September 27th, 2019, 1:34 pmOkay, I just realized that I am using text sections instead of MW sections.
since in DRs we tend to move the sections around all the time, it's indeed wiser to use the book sections here. So "Arabella Section 1" for example.

thank you for catching up with the PL.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: September 27th, 2019, 2:10 pm
KevinS wrote: September 27th, 2019, 1:34 pmOkay, I just realized that I am using text sections instead of MW sections.
since in DRs we tend to move the sections around all the time, it's indeed wiser to use the book sections here. So "Arabella Section 1" for example.

thank you for catching up with the PL.

Sonia
Hahaha! I think---I think---I know what you mean.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Announcement: I received word from Elsie via PM that her part for Arabella should be reopened for someone else again, as she doesn't have as much time to record anymore. Here a copy of the PM for the record:
elsieselwyn wrote:Hey Sonia!

I think it is for the best that you open up the part to someone else so they have the chance to read it. I don't have that much time to record.

Thanks,
Elsie
So the part is officially up for grabs again.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I think my Reader's Page was updated suggesting that I had work to do on this project. I'm sorry for being so dense, but I don't know what is expected of me next.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: October 28th, 2019, 9:24 amI think my Reader's Page was updated suggesting that I had work to do on this project. I'm sorry for being so dense, but I don't know what is expected of me next.
nope, nothing to do for the moment. I updated the MW by assigning the reader names to the finished chapters, that's why these chapters appear on your to-do-list. But you have recorded the files already, so all is well. The chapters are not PL ok yet because they are not edited together yet.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: October 28th, 2019, 11:14 am
KevinS wrote: October 28th, 2019, 9:24 amI think my Reader's Page was updated suggesting that I had work to do on this project. I'm sorry for being so dense, but I don't know what is expected of me next.
nope, nothing to do for the moment. I updated the MW by assigning the reader names to the finished chapters, that's why these chapters appear on your to-do-list. But you have recorded the files already, so all is well. The chapters are not PL ok yet because they are not edited together yet.

Sonia
Thank you! Good to know.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another PM from Elsie, in which she asks me to take over her BC duties.
elsieselwyn wrote:Dear Sonia,

I think it would be best if I relinquished my duties as BC over to you because I just can't keep up with things.

Elsie
No worries Elsie, we'll take care of your project. All the best for school. :)

Sonia
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Emboldened by your lofty praise, Kevin, I would like to claim Arabella's 7 sections.

Much appreciation to whomever highlighted each character's letters to help keep us all on the same page...or on our own pages.
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing