COMPLETE - Cedric the Forester, by Bernard Gay Marshall - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Cedric the Forester by Bernard Gay Marshall (1875 - 1945).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/cedric-the-forester-by-bernard-gay-marshall/
A rollicking juvenile adventure tale, this historical fiction book received the Newbery Honor award in 1922. Set in England during the early 1200s, the scion of a Western Marches noble family relates the many encounters and battles that he faces with the Saxon yeoman who becomes his fast friend. This yeoman, great of cross-bow skill and strategy, often saves the day, and after earning knighthood, becomes instrumental in the making of the Magna Carta. (Lynette Caulkins)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37102
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Culture & Heritage Fiction; Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Newbery, adventure, Historical Fiction, knights, medieval, King John, Magna Carta, 13th century, 1200s, squire, crossbow, archery, Western Marches, England, Montmorency, Mountjoy

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Cedric the Forester. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Cedric the Forester, by Bernard Gay Marshall. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Cedric the Forester by Bernard Gay Marshall. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Cedric the Forester, by Bernard Gay Marshall. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename cedrictheforester_##_marshall_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. cedrictheforester_01_marshall_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: craigdav1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by LCaulkins on February 9th, 2020, 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I have a serious soft spot for Newbery books, lacking only about 4 hard copies in my personal collection of all the winners and honor books since 1922.

I'm hoping somebody will pick up the MC spot for The Dream Coach (which I also have listed here on the Launch Pad). That one is a quite small book that will take a whopping 4 sittings (at most) to record. This one seems to make MCs nervous, though?

So in the meantime, I'd like to get started on this other Newbery. It's a great adventure that deserves to be in the LV catalog. I don't see it there yet.

No fears - I will *not* be listing any other projects until these are squared away. :D
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed. Should we advertise for a DPL?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi! Thanks for taking this under your wing! I'll populate the chapters tomorrow.

Yes, a DPL would be great. Is advertising for one something that I should do, or is that an MC thing?
~Lynette * -
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

A ~ before the book title in the subject line of the first post lets everyone know we are looking for a DPL. Either the reader or the MC can add it.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving topic to the Going Solo forum.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. I'm going to post in the Listeners Wanted topic to try to pick up a DPL.
~Lynette * -
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

An offer to DPL is more likely once you've added your first audio file to the MW.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Good to know. The first one will be uploaded soon today, so I'll keep the Listeners wanted post as a draft until that's done.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

Lynette,
I can't DPL for you but I listened to section 1. I think you did a great job and are off to a lovely start.

Section 1 is PL OK.

Be well,
Linette
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

linny wrote: October 30th, 2019, 9:19 am Lynette,
I can't DPL for you but I listened to section 1. I think you did a great job and are off to a lovely start.

Section 1 is PL OK.

Be well,
Linette
Thank you *very much* for your time while I know you're super busy. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 2 (chapter 1 part 2) is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/cedrictheforester_02_marshall_128kb.mp3 (27:38)

Sure would appreciate a DPL - anybody out there? :wink:

My pace on this will be a section every 4-10 days.

- willing to reciprocate
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

Always a pleasure to help. Especially with something so short. I'm still not sure how I ended up taking on a 22 (finished) hour editing project for a DR. :shock:

I hope you enjoy your solo. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

I have a spot that opened up on my DPL list. Would you like me to DPL? I know I have DPLed for your last solo so I understand if you would like to wait for a new listener.