COMPLETE [GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

silverquill wrote: October 25th, 2019, 10:55 pm
Jmbau13 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 9:47 pm
Tasniim wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 5:25 pm section 185 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_185_aesop_128kb.mp3

Track Length : 3:15.63 (m:ss.ss)

Please let me know if this is okay, and if there's anything I should improve on.
Thank you.
Very nice reading indeed, Tasniim. I love the way you brought out the meaning, well done. :clap:
I will just highlight for your future learning (only if you want to hear, note! )that the stress on these two words is as follows:IMpudent and laMENted. This is beyond standard PL, so if you don't want me to comment on things like this, just let me know.

Again, lovely reading!

Not to worry about these pronunciations! These minor variations are just fine. In fact, I've always heard and said IM-pu-dent And a quick check of some of the online dictionaries seems to confirm this. There are so many regional variations just in the U.S. and when we add British English, and dozens of other Englishes around the world, and non-native speakers of English we get the wonderful mix that we celebrate on LibriVox. That is not to say there aren't times when correct pronunciation is important, especially in poetry, for instance, or widely accepted place or proper names, but in general we are open to all voices.

~Larry
Thanks for chiming in Larry. I don’t know WHERE my head was because we say it as IMpudent also, so why I wrote it wrong,t originally (now edited!) I have no idea. See, irs not only you who is absent minded at times. :?
regards
Jane Bennett
ClawedBurnHard

Post by ClawedBurnHard »

Making sure we saw this and/or if there is anything else I need to do at this point. Thanks.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ClawedBurnHard wrote: October 26th, 2019, 6:20 am
Making sure we saw this and/or if there is anything else I need to do at this point. Thanks.
Thank you!
All in the MW Ready for PL
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: October 26th, 2019, 9:31 am Section 61

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_061_aesop_128kb.mp3

1:56
Thanks, Kevin; it's Ready for PL
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Pastor, would you prefer I submit these all at one time? I hope to do one a day, but I could easily hold off on the uploads.

I think I have 5 or 6 more to go.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: October 26th, 2019, 6:24 pm Pastor, would you prefer I submit these all at one time? I hope to do one a day, but I could easily hold off on the uploads.

Whatever is most convenient for you!
I would say post them as you do them, though, just to make it easier on our PL, I think.

I'm updating the MW -- see post below. . . .
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DEADLINES:

In a project of this size, it is easy to lose track of the chapter assignments, but some two-month deadlines are drawing near.

I have updated the MW with the dates of the claims.
I cannot send everyone a private message, which will be seen only when one logs in anyway.

So, please check your claims and your PL NOTES. (If you need help on PL Notes, let us know; we're glad to help)

Sections will be orphaned when the two-month limit is reached.

Of course, if you do need more time, you may ask for a two-week extension. Just ask here or with a PM.

I'd love to finish this by the end of November, but certainly by the end of the year.

And, thanks to all who have read for this project, and a big hand to, Jane, our wonderful DPL. :clap:

~Larry
~ Larry
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

richardauty wrote: October 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm Hi
Thanks for getting back. Keeping on top of such a busy forum must be quite a task!
And thanks also for the heads-up on the end timings- I‘ll make sure they’re accurate in future once I’ve got a better grip on how Audacity works.
Regards
Richard
Hi Richard. Any help needed, just ask! Librivox seems to be a friendly lot of helpful people in my experience.. :)
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

silverquill wrote: October 26th, 2019, 7:23 pm DEADLINES:

In a project of this size, it is easy to lose track of the chapter assignments, but some two-month deadlines are drawing near.

I have updated the MW with the dates of the claims.
I cannot send everyone a private message, which will be seen only when one logs in anyway.

So, please check your claims and your PL NOTES. (If you need help on PL Notes, let us know; we're glad to help)

Sections will be orphaned when the two-month limit is reached.

Of course, if you do need more time, you may ask for a two-week extension. Just ask here or with a PM.

I'd love to finish this by the end of November, but certainly by the end of the year.

And, thanks to all who have read for this project, and a big hand to, Jane, our wonderful DPL. :clap:

~Larry
Aw, thanks Larry. Yes, there's a few lagging, but overall it's progressing really well, given the many many sections and readers. Big hand to our valiant BC and to all our lovely readers also! :clap: :clap: :clap:
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

silverquill wrote: October 26th, 2019, 7:11 pm
KevinS wrote: October 26th, 2019, 6:24 pm Pastor, would you prefer I submit these all at one time? I hope to do one a day, but I could easily hold off on the uploads.

Whatever is most convenient for you!
I would say post them as you do them, though, just to make it easier on our PL, I think.

I'm updating the MW -- see post below. . . .
Either way. I'm fine with whatever works for you.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

ClawedBurnHard wrote: October 26th, 2019, 6:20 am
Hi Claude.
Thank you very much for your readings.
OK - there's some tech specs that aren't right:
- on all 4 files, the sampling rate isn't the required 44.1 KHz. Just a matter of resetting this correctly in Audacity, and re-exporting.
- on all 4 files, the end silence is much less than the required full 5 secs.
In #151, there's some quite jarring blips, at ~1.35 and again ~1.37, ~1.595. Could you listen and see what you think? It would be nicer without them.

I particularly enjoyed 156 and 170 (the other two were a little fast for mypreference). I don't know what you did differently on them, but would encourage you to do more of it, as they were significantly quieter (in terms of breath noise) than 133 and 151. Both 133 and 151 have quite a bit of mike breathing noise, eg at ~ 0.57 in 133, or ~ 0.17 in 151, (I know this is beyond standard PL, so you're welcome to ignore that comment, but even doing a quick round of noise reduction on the breath noise would much improve the recordings. ).

Thanks again for recording.
regards
Jane Bennett
MrDavid

Post by MrDavid »

Hello!

Section 173 completed and uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_173_aesop_128kb.mp3

Let me know if there are any problems.
Pseudonym: Raymond Cockle

:)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MrDavid wrote: October 27th, 2019, 11:16 pm Hello!

Section 173 completed and uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_173_aesop_128kb.mp3

Let me know if there are any problems.
Thanks!

What is the file length?

I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry