COMPLETE Irish Fairy Tales By James Stephens - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

afutterer wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:23 am As for my preference. I like things to be as accurate as possible without really requiring a bunch of work on your part. I am not a stickler about it. I am not Irish so I would have no idea anyway. :D If you want to do some research that is fine, but don't sweat over it for this project ok. :thumbs:
Sounds good. I do plan on doing a little research and then just giving it a go.

My 1-minute test was approved btw :)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Katzsteinz wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:54 pm
afutterer wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:23 am As for my preference. I like things to be as accurate as possible without really requiring a bunch of work on your part. I am not a stickler about it. I am not Irish so I would have no idea anyway. :D If you want to do some research that is fine, but don't sweat over it for this project ok. :thumbs:
Sounds good. I do plan on doing a little research and then just giving it a go.

My 1-minute test was approved btw :)
Excellent! So now we can begin. Please just provide me these 2 things so I can add you as a reader.

1- Name you would like credited with your readings. This can be your username or something else.
2- If you have a website you would like linked to your reader profile.

These can also be added or changed later by admin if necessary.

Thanks!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

1 - Katzsteinz is fine for the credit

2 - I do not currently have a website to associate with a reader profile, so I guess I'll add that later if I create one.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Katzsteinz wrote: October 11th, 2019, 9:53 am 1 - Katzsteinz is fine for the credit

2 - I do not currently have a website to associate with a reader profile, so I guess I'll add that later if I create one.
OK. You are all set up and your requested sections are assigned. Please have fun! I really appreciate your help. Welcome to the Librivox team!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

Hello, I'm relatively new but just finished up a few chapters for the "Flowers of Shakespeare" and am ready to dive into another project. Would it be okay for me to claim all the rest of "Mongan's Frenzy?" If no one else has already requested them. The sections are pretty short and since they are all separate that would make it easy to record, edit and submit every few days. I understand, though, if it would be better to claim one or two at a time.
LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

I can also make a different claim if mattgallen had wanted to finish that one. It can be nice to have the same reader for a whole story.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

LizzieHexam wrote: October 15th, 2019, 5:40 pm I can also make a different claim if mattgallen had wanted to finish that one. It can be nice to have the same reader for a whole story.
Thank you for offering. I have assigned the entire section to you. The reader did not complete anymore than the initial reading and then was un-reachable for a very long time. So you are welcome to them. I would have you read the entire thing, to keep the reader the same, as this is how I prefer it to be done. However, Librivox frowns on removing any readings already done. So we will leave it. Thank you for helping out though. I really appreciate it. This project has been going for some time.
Anthony

LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

Great! I look forward to it :) I just didn't want to snag anybody's story if they were excited about doing it. And since the first chapter is kind of an introduction that sort of works out anyway :)
LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_74_stephens_128kb.mp3

I'm looking up what pronunciations I can find. Have to fudge some of them. As far as I can make out, there is supposed to be an invisible extra vowel in "Mongan" which I have been pronouncing "Monaghan." Any input on pronunciations is welcome.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi Lizzie. Any pronounciation you have come up with is fine with me. Thank you for participating!

Also, can you please just post the lengths of the sections posted and any further posted sections? I have to put those into the mw. Thank you!
Anthony

LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

Certainly. I plan to have a few more done by the end of tomorrow.
LizzieHexam

Post by LizzieHexam »

I have a few more sections recorded and am editing, but I realized I need to fix the tags. It'll probably be another week before I submit them.