(Complete) Uncollected Short Stories of L.M. Montgomery by Lucy Maud Montgomery - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

SkipSkip wrote: October 16th, 2019, 4:48 pm Hello. I would like to claim Section 79 "Josephine's Husband" please.
Sincerely, Skip
Hi Skip,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 79 is all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SkipSkip

Post by SkipSkip »

Thank you! I'll get that 1minute test submitted. I would like to go under the Pseudonym of SouthpawSkip.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Great ~ thank you!

Here is a link to your catalog page, which is a great way to keep track of what you have signed up for and what you have completed: https://librivox.org/reader/13657
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

m8b1 wrote: October 16th, 2019, 4:35 pm Hi April,

Yes, I think it should be pronounced as cookie. :-)
Sounds good I will get it re recorded with the correct word. Thank you,
April
April
SkipSkip

Post by SkipSkip »

Hi,
Thank you for sending the catalog page. I have what might be a silly question. So I see now that the username and catalog name are different, so what name do I use in the intro of the recording? Also who could I contact to have my username changed to the catalog name?
By the way, I have completed the 1 minute test and am awaiting feedback there so I'm almost ready. :D
Thank you and have a great day!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

You can use whatever name your want in the recording - or no name at all. There is no requirement to have a name in the recording - it is completely optional. :-)

Yes, the username is your forum name. If you have a good reason, we can change your forum name - but after your catalog page is set up, it is a bit more involved. Let me know hat you decide.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
sparky0506

Post by sparky0506 »

I will try to retrieve the file I sent you and fix it but also want to see the videos on tips using this program. It's hard to place the mouse exactly where I want it to cut out silences without going overboard or undercutting the spot. I'm willing to try one more time. Sparky
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Sparky,

Make sure you are zooming out or in on the file ~ that way it makes it easier to get exactly what you want to cut or add. Also, if you make a mistake you can always undo it, as long as you haven't saved the file. Be sure to look at the video's ~ Phil, the volunteer who made them is good at explaining things. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SkipSkip

Post by SkipSkip »

Hi,

I've not recorded anything as of yet, well besides my 1 minute test in review. :D I would appreciate it if I could have my username changed to either just "Skip" or "SouthpawSkip" to match my catalog name (only if the first one is already taken) Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Skip
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Hi, could I please claim Section 7? Thanks, Elisabeth
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Jbholland77 wrote: October 18th, 2019, 3:02 pm Hi, could I please claim Section 7? Thanks, Elisabeth
All yours ~ thank you!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, April!

Section 70 has a couple of PL Note:
At the very beginning you say "Number" instead of "Section" 70.
@11:22 there is a repeat " And Look Here Ellis"

Section 80 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

m8b1 wrote: October 19th, 2019, 3:18 pm Thank you, April!

Section 70 has a couple of PL Note:
At the very beginning you say "Number" instead of "Section" 70.
@11:22 there is a repeat " And Look Here Ellis"

Section 80 is PL OK!
Thank you!!
I will post again once I have fixed my errors. :)
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April