(Complete) The Green Overcoat by Hilaire Belloc - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

The Green Overcoat by Hilaire Belloc (1870 - 1953).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-green-overcoat-by-hilaire-belloc/
This rollicking novel captures the minor moral dilemma of thin, shy, nervous, Professor Higginson, psychologist, as he comes under the eye of the enemy of his soul through an encounter with a green overcoat. The quixotic adventure that follows will bring the childlike reader laughter like rainfall. This is Belloc at his Chestertonian best! ( Russ Hobbs)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/cu31924013585132
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Green Overcoat. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Green Overcoat, by Hilaire Belloc. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Green Overcoat by Hilaire Belloc. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Green Overcoat, by Hilaire Belloc. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename greenovercoat_##_belloc_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. greenovercoat_01_belloc_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: m8b1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Plodmore on October 16th, 2019, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Russ, shouldn't there be more wording here? (What do I know? But it looks different than other submissions.)
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

KevinS wrote: October 16th, 2019, 2:43 pm Russ, shouldn't there be more wording here? (What do I know? But it looks different than other submissions.)
Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected it now. I had not copied the entire page. :?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Plodmore wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:02 pm
KevinS wrote: October 16th, 2019, 2:43 pm Russ, shouldn't there be more wording here? (What do I know? But it looks different than other submissions.)
Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected it now. I had not copied the entire page. :?
Cool beans!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Oh, if you are looking for a DPL, then please place a tilde (~) at the front of your subject line. That's the way we advertise for one. (I wish I could do it but I'm all booked up.)
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

KevinS wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:13 pm Oh, if you are looking for a DPL, then please place a tilde (~) at the front of your subject line. That's the way we advertise for one. (I wish I could do it but I'm all booked up.)
Thanks. I'll do that. I've see the tilde but didn't know what it meant. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Russ,

I'll MC for you. The MW is all ready!

We will stay here for a big to see if we can snag a DPL. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

m8b1 wrote: October 16th, 2019, 4:49 pm Hi Russ,

I'll MC for you. The MW is all ready!

We will stay here for a big to see if we can snag a DPL. :-)
Thanks Maria, I appreciate it. I look forward to working with you.

Russ
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Well, I decided to DPL it myself. :-) Thought about offering initially, but was afraid of overloading myself on PL jobs. I think it will be fine though!

Moving over to Going Solo!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

m8b1 wrote: October 18th, 2019, 1:24 pm Well, I decided to DPL it myself. :-) Thought about offering initially, but was afraid of overloading myself on PL jobs. I think it will be fine though!

Moving over to Going Solo!
Thanks so much. That sounds great! This week I have some extra time, so I hope to get some chapters up.

Russ
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

The dedication and chapter one are uploaded. :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Russ,

They are both PL OK!

A couple of minor things. Please try to remember to change the assigned column to "Ready for PL". That way if I forget to PL immediately, it will show up on the Proof listening page as waiting to be done!

Also, when chapters have actual title, we do tend to put them in the title slot instead of Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. I did the first couple to show you what I mean!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

m8b1 wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 5:50 pm Hi Russ,

They are both PL OK!

A couple of minor things. Please try to remember to change the assigned column to "Ready for PL". That way if I forget to PL immediately, it will show up on the Proof listening page as waiting to be done!

Also, when chapters have actual title, we do tend to put them in the title slot instead of Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. I did the first couple to show you what I mean!
Thanks for pointing these things out, I appreciate it. Chapter 2 is done and I'm hoping to get 3 done this weekend.

Russ
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 2 is Pl Ok!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Russ,

Chapter 3 is PL OK!

Please make sure you post in the thread when you have a chapter ready. I came across this one because it was marked as Ready for PL, but posting in the thread is my first alert that you have something ready! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks