COMPLETE Irish Fairy Tales By James Stephens - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Kind regards,
Lucretia
FableMoon

Post by FableMoon »

I'm in the UK - am I allowed to contribute to this if the copyright hasn't expired here as per the notice at the top of the post?

If I can, could I please claim sections 55-60 "The Enchanted Cave of Cesh Corran" :)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

FableMoon wrote: October 5th, 2019, 10:46 am I'm in the UK - am I allowed to contribute to this if the copyright hasn't expired here as per the notice at the top of the post?
This work is still under copyright protection inside the UK.
FableMoon

Post by FableMoon »

Okidokes, I wasn't sure if it was the recording itself that was the issue or the distribution of the recording.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you all!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

Hi,

I am a newer reader. You can find my 1-minute test here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76764

I would like to read sections 55-60 please (I live in the United States).

Thanks!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi there and thank you so much for volunteering! I have looked at the 1-minute test and it looks as if someone beat me to it. There are a few items that are asked to be corrected there. They are both minor technical issues, but are necessary to meet Librivox criteria. I will have to wait until the test has been corrected and given an "ok" status before I can assign the sections to you. However, I will place a hold on them in the meantime. Please check back when your test has been updated. Also it is important to note that these fixes are something that come up quite a bit from readers of all experience levels. None of them require you to re-record anything. They can be made with the program. I am not a recording artist so unfortunately I am unable to explain how to do them, but if you post in the forum for help there are many active members that can and will help you out.
Anthony

Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

afutterer wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:33 am Hi there and thank you so much for volunteering! I have looked at the 1-minute test and it looks as if someone beat me to it. There are a few items that are asked to be corrected there. They are both minor technical issues, but are necessary to meet Librivox criteria. I will have to wait until the test has been corrected and given an "ok" status before I can assign the sections to you. However, I will place a hold on them in the meantime. Please check back when your test has been updated. Also it is important to note that these fixes are something that come up quite a bit from readers of all experience levels. None of them require you to re-record anything. They can be made with the program. I am not a recording artist so unfortunately I am unable to explain how to do them, but if you post in the forum for help there are many active members that can and will help you out.
Thanks! I will try to get my 1 minute test resubmitted either today or tomorrow.
Katzsteinz

Post by Katzsteinz »

Looking at the text, I would really like to pronounce the names correctly. Are there any resources that others have been using or are we all just taking our best shots?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Katzsteinz wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:08 am Looking at the text, I would really like to pronounce the names correctly. Are there any resources that others have been using or are we all just taking our best shots?
We often punt and hope for the best. (At least I do.) But there are resources sometimes available. Have a listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og953k5QbXM

The voice sounds a touch mechanical, but the pronunciations are pretty good.
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Katzsteinz wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:08 am Looking at the text, I would really like to pronounce the names correctly. Are there any resources that others have been using or are we all just taking our best shots?
Hi--I agree with Kevin. We try to find the correct pronunciations, then do the best that we can. And it is fine.

The two resources that I primarily used for my sections in this project were:
Forvo (use this one often for everything!) here: https://forvo.com/
and an Irish Pronunciation Database here: https://www.teanglann.ie/en/fuaim/

I didn't find everything, but they were helpful. Have fun!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

As for my preference. I like things to be as accurate as possible without really requiring a bunch of work on your part. I am not a stickler about it. I am not Irish so I would have no idea anyway. :D If you want to do some research that is fine, but don't sweat over it for this project ok. :thumbs:
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 66-68

PL OK
Anthony