Cheapskate, that's me!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Are there any reliable file sharing services out there that are free or inexpensive?

I have only rare need of one and would prefer not to have to enroll in the kind of plan such as offered by Dropbox.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I use mediafire. (www dot mediafire dot com) I've been using them so long that I don't know how you start up an account, but the basic service of storage and access is free.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Peter Why wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:23 am I use mediafire. (www dot mediafire dot com) I've been using them so long that I don't know how you start up an account, but the basic service of storage and access is free.

Peter
I'm on it! Thank you, Peter!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I use Google Drive. Fifteen gigs of storage are free.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

tovarisch wrote: October 9th, 2019, 5:47 pm I use Google Drive. Fifteen gigs of storage are free.
Thank you. I looked at Google Drive yesterday but didn't realize that some storage was free.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Microsoft One Drive
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: October 9th, 2019, 6:44 pm Microsoft One Drive
Thank you!

(I owe you a PL, don't I?)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I have used Google Drive for many years now and have never had problems. Just the free 15 gigs is plenty for me especially since everything in their document format does not count agains tthis limit.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

philchenevert wrote: October 9th, 2019, 7:06 pm I have used Google Drive for many years now and have never had problems. Just the free 15 gigs is plenty for me especially since everything in their document format does not count agains tthis limit.
I have a Google account, too. I never knew there was storage. (Why does that not really surprise ... or anyone else?)