COMPLETE [BIO] Twelve Good Musicians - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm so embarrassed that I failed to place these in the MW. My apologies!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Kevin, I had some free time and PLed two of your sections - Introduction and Thomas Morley. Both are PL OK! :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kikisaulite wrote: September 21st, 2019, 6:20 am Kevin, I had some free time and PLed two of your sections - Introduction and Thomas Morley. Both are PL OK! :clap:
You're so sweet! Thank you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 7 uploaded. Ready for PL.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

I'd be happy to PL your readings Kevin, and learn a bit more about these musicians.
regards
Jane Bennett
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:19 pm I'd be happy to PL your readings Kevin, and learn a bit more about these musicians.
That would be lovely! Thank you.

One warning: I sometimes punt with the pronunciations of names. The British, as I think you know, are mysterious with names. (Wink.)
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

OK, but a warning in return. I was born there originally :lol: :lol:
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

I think you're safe though. 10 mins into Henry Purcell, and nothing shrieks at me re. pronunciation or names. All good so far :clap:
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

OK, I've PL'd Ch 12, Henry Purcell. A few small issues, nothing major.

~24.12 you have inserted a word (example) which should be removed, so it reads 'the best ...' not 'the best example... '
~ 26.43 should read 'performance of IT' (not 'performance of which')
~ 26.37 and ~27.43 the abbreviation M. appears which you read as M (in M.Fetis and M Felix Mendelssohn). M. before a name is the standard written abbreviation for the French title 'Monsieur'; it should be read either as the English equivalent (Mr) or in full as Monsieur.
~30.22 Purcell's HOUSE (not home)
~33.47 APPEND his observations (not amend)

Re. pronunciation, one really jumped out at me - I'll leave it to your decision.
~ 36.09 Pepys in the phrase 'Diary of Samuel Pepys'. Strange spelling I know but this famous diarist is always said as 'peeps' (never peppies)

Other observations - purely FYI:
Basso profundo is a musical term from the Italian. Basso has a short a (as in lass or gas) not a long one as in base.
Hautboy is pronounced as 'ho'boy or 'ohboy'. French term, we don't pronounce the t.
Not sure if I can update the MW or not. I'll see now.
regards
Jane Bennett
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:35 pm OK, I've PL'd Ch 12, Henry Purcell. A few small issues, nothing major.

~24.12 you have inserted a word (example) which should be removed, so it reads 'the best ...' not 'the best example... '
~ 26.43 should read 'performance of IT' (not 'performance of which')
~ 26.37 and ~27.43 the abbreviation M. appears which you read as M (in M.Fetis and M Felix Mendelssohn). M. before a name is the standard written abbreviation for the French title 'Monsieur'; it should be read either as the English equivalent (Mr) or in full as Monsieur.
~30.22 Purcell's HOUSE (not home)
~33.47 APPEND his observations (not amend)

Re. pronunciation, one really jumped out at me - I'll leave it to your decision.
~ 36.09 Pepys in the phrase 'Diary of Samuel Pepys'. Strange spelling I know but this famous diarist is always said as 'peeps' (never peppies)

Other observations - purely FYI:
Basso profundo is a musical term from the Italian. Basso has a short a (as in lass or gas) not a long one as in base.
Hautboy is pronounced as 'ho'boy or 'ohboy'. French term, we don't pronounce the t.
Not sure if I can update the MW or not. I'll see now.
My goodness! Peeps! Peeps! Hahaha!

You're such a good PL! I really very much thank you! I want these to be correct and will get to work.

I see, also, that I shall have to make correction to Chapter 10, which I am at present editing. (Peeps! Hahah!)
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

KevinS wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:11 pm
My goodness! Peeps! Peeps! Hahaha!

You're such a good PL! I really very much thank you! I want these to be correct and will get to work.

I see, also, that I shall have to make correction to Chapter 10, which I am at present editing. (Peeps! Hahah!)
Why thank you sir! Lovely response, made me laugh. And your kind words about my PL are much appreciated.
Yeah, Peeps - the English sure have some funny names and pronunciations, but his name is so well known to UK readers that they would laugh at hearing it said as you had. Though it really does LOOK as though it should be like that, no?
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Note that I don’t have access to the MW, so either you, Kevin, or Kiki will need to update it with status of PL (or give me update access, whichever )
regards
Jane Bennett
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 12:54 am Note that I don’t have access to the MW, so either you, Kevin, or Kiki will need to update it with status of PL (or give me update access, whichever )
I will pm kiki with our request.

In the meantime, I can update the MW.

I can't thank you enough for taking an interest in this project!