'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

I think this "Thank You" came to the wrong person. Hopefully, it makes it to the right place. :)
Kind Regards!
CJ

My Librivox Contributions
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jglange (Jonathan Lange) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks for excellent readings of the Lutheran Book of Concord and other works of Luther.
You show great skill in handling the long sentences and also many archaic words.
Also, I appreciate the further adeptness shown in giving emphasis appropriately.

Your reading is greatly appreciated.

Tony

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for feria-bass (Naf) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank the reader Naf 3204 - forum name feria-bass for her reading of the book Le Horla. Her reading was an absolute masterpiece :) Her way of reading was so full of life as if she herself were the protagonist. She kept my attention the whole time. I speak French quite well, but as I´m not native, sometimes I don´t understand everything... but she was reading it at a specific speed that it was 100% understandable and still 100% natural. Perfect!
Thank you again.

Lucia

All of Naf's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MrsHand (KHand) and pjlandau (PJ Landau) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please thank both K Hand and P J Landau for their excellent narration of the absolutely stunning book, "Sixty years in southern California," by Harris Newmark.

My husband and I have lived in Los Angeles since 1974, and, since we did not grow up here, have always been quite interested in local and California history. This book says more than anything I have previously encountered. I believe that any chapter would keep school children here riveted to their desks. Over the course of listening to this book I have tortured family and friends with startling details of life here from 1853-1913. Newmark knew everybody and was so strongly involved in civic life.

My deep thanks to the person who chose this book to be read, and for all of you working for Librivox.

--Mollie

All of KHand's recordings!
All of PJ's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bedwere (bedwere) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank the reader Bedwere, for the book Confessionum Libri Tredecim, of Saint Augustine. I suppose not many listen to books in Latin, but it has been a great experience.

https://librivox.org/confessionum-libri-tredecim-by-saint-augustine-of-hippo/

All of bedwere's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recordings of the Anne of Green Gables series:
Good Afternoon,

I would just like to thank you for taking your time to read these stories. I have been enjoying them very much and this has a lot to do with your reading them. You have a wonderful tone and I love how easily the characters come across in your reading. I can tell each character by the tone in your voice. You have made me laugh out loud a few times.

Kind Regards,

Kelly

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Adrian,

Just wanted to throw out a thank you for reading the Wind in the Willows as I have thoroughly enjoyed your version of it.

I realised recently that I somehow missed out on a lot of the classic children's novels as a kid (I read a lot as a child, just missed some really obvious ones) and so I've been backfilling recently and yours was the version of the Wind in the Willows that stood out on Librivox.

Easily your best feature was the voices you put on for each different character, not many readers do that, and it really sucks you into the novel and makes it more enjoyable on the whole.

Thanks heaps,
Pat

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Phil,

Just wanted to throw out a thank you for reading Triplanetary as I have thoroughly enjoyed your version of it.

I consider myself an extremely knowledgable person when it comes to science fiction, especially space opera specifically as I'm a bit of a nerd, but somehow I had never heard of E E Doc Smith, so, firstly, thanks for introducing his writing to me. (Should you have any other space operas that you'd recommend, please send them my way!)

Secondly, I only discovered Librivox last year and at random I started by listening to Triplanetary first. Yours was a fantastic introduction to audiobooks and Librivox specifically. You have a great reading style and it's very easy to listen to.

I have since listened to your recordings of:
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (version 6) - Mark Twain
- The Defenders - Phillip K Dick (I've read all his other short stories in paperback but only Man in the High Castle from his novels, he's probably my next project)
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Washington Irving (did not know it was originally a book)
- The entire Wizard of Oz back catalogue - L Frank Baum only (had to stop somewhere, that is 14 books!)

So, long story short, thanks heaps!
Pat, Australia

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mark,

Just wanted to throw out a thank you for reading A Princess of Mars as I have thoroughly enjoyed your version of it.

I recently got into the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics and realised that there is so much classic literature that I have never read so I picked a character at random (it ended up being John Carter) and looked up the book he was from and proceeded to listen to your audiobook of A Princess of Mars.

You have a great reading style that is very easy to listen to and I enjoy the pace you read at.

I've since listened to your recording of First Lensman by E E Doc Smith. I love this series, I've been into space opera since forever but somehow missed his work, so I'm backfilling as fast as I can.

Next on the list are your recordings of:
- The Gods of Mars - Edgar Rice Burroughs (well done on starting that addiction)
- Warlord of Mars - E R B
- At the Earth's Core - E R B again
- Pellucidar - E R B again!

Judging by the amount of Edgar Rice Burroughs you've read for Librivox, I take it you're a fan!

So, long story short, thanks heaps!
Pat, Australia

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praises received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A thank you for Stuart Wills - I loved the recording of Moby Dick. You made the characters come alive, which made the whole story.

Thank you!
Pam

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Alan Chant for your wonderful reading of Sailing Alone Around the World by Joshua Slokum. I read this book about thirty years ago when I started sailing. Revisiting this classic work with your excellent voice has been a delight!

Thank you for your wonderful contribution!

Ken
and...
To the reader of Sailing Alone Around the World by Joshua Slocum, Alan Chant, thank you. While I have read the book before, I have rarely enjoyed a listening to any book so much. Your voice and the intonations you use made the listening experience absolutely marvelous and this is one of the few audio books I fully intend to listen to again. I listened to this while transiting the Pacific Ocean on an aircraft carrier and hearing this audiobook while exercising and watching the ocean slip by was a highlight of the day.

Bravo for such an incredible job. I can say you truly have a gift of language delivery that delights the hearer.

A grateful listener,

Christopher Burt

https://librivox.org/sailing-alone-around-the-world-by-joshua-slocum/
All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ligeti_Grieg (Edmund Bloxam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to say I appreciate your reading of "Descriptive Analyses of Piano Works". I've been listening to your recording while on my lunch breaks at work (I'm about half-way through). You have the right voice for it!

Thanks again.

Jason

All of Edmund's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johngon (John Gonzalez) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, I would like to thank John Gonzalez for his audio recording of The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I see it's a pretty old recording, but it is still being very much enjoyed. I will be sharing it with some friends too.

Thank you again for this great contribution.

Warmly,
Leslie

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoelBadrian (NoelBadrian) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Badrian,

Thank you for your perfect reading of Mrs. Gaskell's "Cranford." Your pleasant, unhurried delivery captures the gentle (albeit penetrating!) humor of the story and conjures a feeling of being in those quiet and oh-so-proper drawing rooms. How good it would be if we could return to at least a modicum of that civility! I enjoy all of your reading. Again, thank you!

Best wishes,
Dorothy
Eugene, Oregon USA

All of NoelBadrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sandra7 (Sandra G) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regard her recording of I Say No:
Thank you, Sandra, for being a perfect reader. I don't see how you found a separate kind of voice for that girl Francine who is strained and unhappy, just by making your voice thin out, or how you demonstrated the old Sir Somebody's laugh as "not in syllables like ha ha ha but all one syllable" and then made this prolonged noise where you sound like a lunatic. I was laughing for a long time. Partly because of the contrast with the great discipline a reader demonstrates.
I hope you aren't tossing away a huge stage career to read to us skinflint book listeners. Thank you again.
Lynn

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!