[COMPLETE] Advice: a book of poems, by Maxwell Bodenheim (d.1954) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 10:10 am Enter it into the MW as usual and mark it Ready for PL. I don't know if I'll be able to PL it or if someone else will step up.
okay, will do now. Thank you.
April
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi April,

For sections 21 and 22, Larry (silverquill) and I will be doing these dialogues as duets with both of us reading parts. He will send me his lines and I will incorporate and edit into one finished file and upload,

Please add him as a reader to these two sections as well. The system is set up to allow that, just assign him both sections as well just like you would do for any reader.

Thanks!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

sarahrejoice wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 1:23 pm Hello! My recordings are now ready for PL:

Section 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/advice_02_bodenheim_128kb.mp3 (0:48)
Section 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/advice_08_bodenheim_128kb.mp3 (0:59)
Well done Sarah, thank you!!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

NemoR wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 3:36 pm Hi April,

For sections 21 and 22, Larry (silverquill) and I will be doing these dialogues as duets with both of us reading parts. He will send me his lines and I will incorporate and edit into one finished file and upload,

Please add him as a reader to these two sections as well. The system is set up to allow that, just assign him both sections as well just like you would do for any reader.

Thanks!
It has been done, you are super for detailing just how I was to add him to the mw; now I know. :wink: Thank you!
April
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

sarahrejoice wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 1:23 pm Hello! My recordings are now ready for PL:

Section 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/advice_02_bodenheim_128kb.mp3 (0:48)
Section 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/advice_08_bodenheim_128kb.mp3 (0:59)
PL OK! for both. Thank you!
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hey Kevin!

Great readings, a pleasure to listen to. You have a bit of a Garrison Keillor vibe going on that I like!

For section 40 the only note I have is at around 0:07, in the intro after the poem title and author name, you say "This LibriVox recording is in the public domain". This is not needed as you also say it at the end of the recording where it should be, so you could cut this out. With that being said, it's no big deal and doesn't hurt anything by being in there twice. Your call.

For section 41 - At around 3:00, the text is "as though unseen roses grazed him." .... I hear you say "gazed" instead of "grazed" which changes the meaning. Also from about 3:35 to 3:55 I hear what sounds like crows cawing in the background. It's a little distracting, but I don't think it ruins the recording. I thought I'd just note it and since you are fixing "gazed", maybe you can take another listen to that section and see if you want to record it again. Just let me know if you do for the spot PL!

Thanks much!
Nemo

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

NemoR wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 7:49 pm Hey Kevin!

Great readings, a pleasure to listen to. You have a bit of a Garrison Keillor vibe going on that I like!

For section 40 the only note I have is at around 0:07, in the intro after the poem title and author name, you say "This LibriVox recording is in the public domain". This is not needed as you also say it at the end of the recording where it should be, so you could cut this out. With that being said, it's no big deal and doesn't hurt anything by being in there twice. Your call.

For section 41 - At around 3:00, the text is "as though unseen roses grazed him." .... I hear you say "gazed" instead of "grazed" which changes the meaning. Also from about 3:35 to 3:55 I hear what sounds like crows cawing in the background. It's a little distracting, but I don't think it ruins the recording. I thought I'd just note it and since you are fixing "gazed", maybe you can take another listen to that section and see if you want to record it again. Just let me know if you do for the spot PL!

Thanks much!
Thank you.

I noticed the birds and am trying to pretend they are not there in the background. Hahah!

I'll make fixes to both recordings.
sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

KevinS wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 4:06 pm

PL OK! for both. Thank you!
Great! Thanks for confirming!
“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

I would like to read Section 25 (The Mountebank Criticizes).

By the way, the opening post needs amending - because Maxwell Bodenheim died before 1955 his work is in the public domain in Australia.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by KevinS »

Algy Pug wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 5:15 pm
By the way, the opening post needs amending - because Maxwell Bodenheim died before 1955 his work is in the public domain in Australia.

Cheers
It's the darn International Date Line that confuses everything!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Right on the cusp, was he? :) Thanks - I've fixed it.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Algy Pug wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 5:15 pm I would like to read Section 25 (The Mountebank Criticizes).

Cheers
All yours. :D
April
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo