COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hilgie wrote: September 1st, 2019, 5:04 pm I would like to perform Section 8 for this project. Thank you.
Jim
All yours! I don't know if you've done a dramatic reading part before, but you don't have to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your recording. Please instead say "[role name] read by [your name]" and then read your lines. Please leave a space of about 3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the lines together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.
Last edited by elsieselwyn on September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

ArthurNascimento wrote: September 1st, 2019, 5:49 pm I would like to perform as Priscilla's Father (section 13)
Hello! Welcome to Librivox! First things first:

In order to put your claim officially in the system, I have to put in a name for you to be credited by in the catalog. Do you want to be known by forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the parts you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Since you claimed a dramatic part, the recording process is a little different than a section for a normal group project. You don’t have to say the LibriVox disclaimer. Instead begin your recording with “Role name read by your name”. Then read each line. Please leave a space of ~3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the final chapter together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.

In the meantime, I’ll save the parts for you for a month (since you’re a newbie and they sometimes disappear)! Don’t hesitate to ask if you still have questions! :D
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
ArthurNascimento

Post by ArthurNascimento »

elsieselwyn wrote: September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm Hello! Welcome to Librivox!
Thank you.
elsieselwyn wrote: September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm In order to put your claim officially in the system, I have to put in a name for you to be credited by in the catalog. Do you want to be known by forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?
I'd like to be credited as Arthur Nascimento.
I shall do as requested.
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Elsie,
May I read/perform Polly, number 12?
Best,
Ulrike
We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis
ArthurNascimento

My test has been approved and I shall be sending my part shortly. Very much excited.
ArthurNascimento

And... Here is the first one ever. I'll confess I'm not sure everything lines up so if there is anything I need to fix, tell me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_[priscillasfather]_[9]_128kb.mp3
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

ArthurNascimento wrote: September 13th, 2019, 5:11 pm And... Here is the first one ever. I'll confess I'm not sure everything lines up so if there is anything I need to fix, tell me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_[priscillasfather]_[9]_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Arthur! I am sorry for not responding earlier. I have been busy with school. I intend to set aside some time next week to catch up PLing this DR which I am very behind on.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Denisette wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:00 pm Hi Elsie,
May I read/perform Polly, number 12?
Best,
Ulrike
Of course, Ulrike!
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Hello,

I'd like to claim the following roles please:
Girl ch 15
Miss Winslow ch 18
Mrs. Hollis ch 8, 13
Polly ch 5,7,9
Lola
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Pinklady77 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 6:01 am Hello,

Girl ch 15
Miss Winslow ch 18
Mrs. Hollis ch 8, 13
Polly ch 5,7,9
Hello! I've given you all those parts, except for Polly which was claimed by a user above you :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Elsie, I have subscribed to this thread and no longer remember why. Do you need help? Am I supposed to be doing something?!

What a GOOF I am.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

KevinS wrote: October 1st, 2019, 12:07 pm Elsie, I have subscribed to this thread and no longer remember why. Do you need help? Am I supposed to be doing something?!

What a GOOF I am.
Hahaha :D You’re fine! You were going to PL finished sections and my narration part (which only has one section up), but if you have time to PL any other parts that would be great as well!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

elsieselwyn wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:14 pm
KevinS wrote: October 1st, 2019, 12:07 pm Elsie, I have subscribed to this thread and no longer remember why. Do you need help? Am I supposed to be doing something?!

What a GOOF I am.
Hahaha :D You’re fine! You were going to PL finished sections and my narration part (which only has one section up), but if you have time to PL any other parts that would be great as well!
Okay. I'll do what I can!
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

elsieselwyn wrote: October 1st, 2019, 11:47 am
Pinklady77 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 6:01 am Hello,

Girl ch 15
Miss Winslow ch 18
Mrs. Hollis ch 8, 13
Polly ch 5,7,9
Hello! I've given you all those parts, except for Polly which was claimed by a user above you :)
:clap:
Lola
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis