[COMPLETE] Advice: a book of poems, by Maxwell Bodenheim (d.1954) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I think I had this one on my looooong list of "someday-day-to-do" list, so I look forward to making Kevin listen to my voice some more. :mrgreen:

I agree that word counts are not necessary. I BC a lot of poetry and read a lot, and hardly ever do word counts. Potential readers should be able to look at the poems and get a good idea of how long they are. And, that is really what word counts are give for, and I do provide them for chapter books. I copy and paste the whole book into a word document, and then highlight the chapter or section and do the word count function. For Archive text, i try to give an estimate. Some projects will just give the number of pages or page range.

Anyway, I'll wait until you have the MW set up before claiming.

:9:
~ Larry
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

silverquill wrote: September 30th, 2019, 8:29 pm I think I had this one on my looooong list of "someday-day-to-do" list, so I look forward to making Kevin listen to my voice some more. :mrgreen:

I agree that word counts are not necessary. I BC a lot of poetry and read a lot, and hardly ever do word counts. Potential readers should be able to look at the poems and get a good idea of how long they are. And, that is really what word counts are give for, and I do provide them for chapter books. I copy and paste the whole book into a word document, and then highlight the chapter or section and do the word count function. For Archive text, i try to give an estimate. Some projects will just give the number of pages or page range.

Anyway, I'll wait until you have the MW set up before claiming.

:9:
I think what you say regarding wc does make sense for poetry. Thank you for the thought.
April
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Ahhh ... Bodenheim! ... he is one of my favourite Bohemian poets of the '20's. I've recorded some of his works previously for LVox!

May I claim the following:

Foundry Workers - 4
Rattlesnake Mountain Fable I - 7
Rattlesnake Mountain Fable II - 11
East-Side: New York - 16
Rattle Snake Mountain Dialogue - 21
Dialogue Between a Past and Present Poet - 22
Insanity - 27
Track-Workers - 28
Two Women on a Street - 33

Thank you April for doing this one and congrats on your first BC project!

EDIT - I see you claimed #4 and 27, so just ignore those two above! :D
Last edited by NemoR on October 1st, 2019, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: September 30th, 2019, 3:08 pm This is set up.

You posted the template 3 times in the thread, after your last post here. I don't know why. I deleted them, to make things less confusing.

I changed the intro/outro to the short, poetry one. Please look it over to see if it makes sense. :)
Hello Tricia,
Looks like I did make a mistake as there are 40 poems so looks like all the lines are not necessary. I have already claimed a few. I will happily put in reader names with the date they claimed though word count I will not put in for the poems as they are not as large as chapters. Titles are in.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

NemoR wrote: October 1st, 2019, 10:35 am Ahhh ... Bodenheim! ... he is one of my favourite Bohemian poets of the '20's. I've recorded some of his works previously for LVox!

May I claim the following:

Foundry Workers - 4
Rattlesnake Mountain Fable I - 7
Rattlesnake Mountain Fable II - 11
East-Side: New York - 16
Rattle Snake Mountain Dialogue - 21
Dialogue Between a Past and Present Poet - 22
Insanity - 27
Track-Workers - 28
Two Women on a Street - 33

Thank you April for doing this one and congrats on your first BC project!
wow, so quickly you claim. Good job though 4 & 27 are already claimed. I will put you in for the rest.
April
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

adr6090 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 10:39 am Hello Tricia,
Looks like I did make a mistake as there are 40 poems so looks like all the lines are not necessary. I have already claimed a few. I will happily put in reader names with the date they claimed though word count I will not put in for the poems as they are not as large as chapters. Titles are in.
April
I've removed the extra sections. And no worried about word count. My suggestions were just suggestions. ;)

Moving this to Readers Found!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

Greetings. May I claim sections 2 (Advice to a Butter-Cup) and 8 (Advice to a Bluebird)? Thank you!
“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: October 1st, 2019, 10:49 am
adr6090 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 10:39 am Hello Tricia,
April
I've removed the extra sections. And no worried about word count. My suggestions were just suggestions. ;)

Moving this to Readers Found!
Awesome, thank you!!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

sarahrejoice wrote: October 1st, 2019, 2:22 pm Greetings. May I claim sections 2 (Advice to a Butter-Cup) and 8 (Advice to a Bluebird)? Thank you!
Yes, you may. I am attempting to put you in the mw so those 2 poems are yours to read! My computer is just being temperamental at the present time & not allowing that to take place.
:thumbs:
April
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi April, a couple observations for you..

First there appears to be a poem that was left out of the MW .... between your current sections 29 and 30 ...."Figure" and "Broadway" is the poem "Negroes". Since no recording has been done yet (I think), you can add a section and move it into place. However this will change the section numbering on the sections that come after but I don't think that is an issue as long as no one has uploaded files yet. ... Maybe Tricia has better advice! :D

Second you put the claim date "10/01" in with the titles. This should be in the "Notes" column instead.

Thanks again for BC'ing this one!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Patricia,
Okay now I do beg your assistance, please. I put the incorrect reader in the mw. Section 2 & 8 have been claimed by Sarah Rejoice and a different reader was put in. I know, operator error. Please do help me out here?
April
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Fixed the section assignment and added the poem Nemo found.

And I concur with him, that the claim date goes in the Notes field. (Makes logical sense to put such notes in a field titled "notes".) ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

TriciaG wrote: October 1st, 2019, 4:37 pm Fixed the section assignment and added the poem Nemo found.

And I concur with him, that the claim date goes in the Notes field. (Makes logical sense to put such notes in a field titled "notes".) ;)
:clap: :thumbs: :D
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good night guys, until tomorrow. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.
April
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

May I do a poem or two? You would have to PL them.

If I may, I'd like to claim 40 and/or 41. These, remember are the longer poems.

EDIT: Oops, I see you want to go to bed! Sorry!