[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Folks,

I personally have always pronounced it 'Braw-Um', as you can hear about the 13 min
mark in my narration for 'A Scandal in Bohemia'.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_drwatson_01_128kb.mp3

It is confusing when there are so many different pronunciations of words, (particularly on the Internet!)
but in this case, I decided to stick with what I was taught as a child.

Hope that helps! :)

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thank you both; I'll stick with the phonetic brougham. BROW um.
Peter
Last edited by Peter Why on September 28th, 2019, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Lola
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

I would try Colonel Lysander Stark. I assume that I have a german accent because of beeing one....
Gavenports Reader Page
Aktuelles Solo-Projekt: in Vorbereitung 'Die Ahnen - Aus einer kleinen Stadt'
DPL: -
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Gavenport wrote: September 29th, 2019, 3:59 pm I would try Colonel Lysander Stark. I assume that I have a german accent because of beeing one....
Great! Thanks, I’ll put you in. And if you enjoy it, you could consider the King of Bohemia as well, who also has a German accent.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is my long lost uncle, Jabez Wilson:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_wilson_013_128kb.mp3b 15:35

Not specified in the template, but I assume you need three digits for the section numbers . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Larry and Denis! I hope to PL these tomorrow!
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Question: I only read the reported speech - example:

“‘Mr. Hatherley?’ said he, with something of a German accent. ‘You have been recommended to me, Mr. Hatherley, as being a man who is not only proficient in his profession but is also discreet and capable of preserving a secret.

...' said he, with something of a German accent... is the narrators / Mr Hatherleys 'job'?
Gavenports Reader Page
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Correct. The colour coded script linked in the window of the first post has Colonel Stark in orange. (Section 74) The other colours are other people and the normal black and white text is the narrator.
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Elizabby wrote: September 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm Correct. The colour coded script linked in the window of the first post has Colonel Stark in orange. (Section 74) The other colours are other people and the normal black and white text is the narrator.
colour coded? Do I miss something? I have to search by myself for the texts belonging to Mr Stark. In th first post it is linked to gutenberg.org and that text isn't colour coded in any way
Gavenports Reader Page
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

Here is the part of Mr. Merryweather from Section 2 - The Redheaded League.

I failed to state "The End" to close the file, but this is a short read.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_merryweather_02_128kb.mp3 @ 2:8.00

Chuck
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Gavenport wrote: September 30th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Elizabby wrote: September 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm Correct. The colour coded script linked in the window of the first post has Colonel Stark in orange. (Section 74) The other colours are other people and the normal black and white text is the narrator.
colour coded? Do I miss something? I have to search by myself for the texts belonging to Mr Stark. In th first post it is linked to gutenberg.org and that text isn't colour coded in any way
In the Magic Window, Section 74, there is a link to a colour coded script which has been made from the original Gutenberg text. This will be easier for you to record from. The main text is for the DPL to check the finished product.
Heather1023

Post by Heather1023 »

I would like to claim section 107 - Toller the drunk. This is my first reading and I would like to have the pseudonym "Sugarbare" Thanks so much!! :D :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Heather1023 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 9:55 pm I would like to claim section 107 - Toller the drunk. This is my first reading and I would like to have the pseudonym "Sugarbare" Thanks so much!! :D :D
That’s fine, I’ll Put you in for that role - please do a 1 minute test first and submit it to the listener’s forum, to check your tech specs, thanks.