COMPLETE: The Golden Bough:The Magic Art and Evolution of Kings Volume 1-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
niobium

Post by niobium »

i just went over some repairs as recommended. there is a little flaw when saving audacity files because for some reason, the mute function is not seen as a change. And that out of place phrase from section one about Diana is actually part of the text, in fact there are a few strange notes like that appearing throughout the book as paragraph headings or popping up in unusual places between sentences.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

niobium wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 6:42 pm i just went over some repairs as recommended. there is a little flaw when saving audacity files because for some reason, the mute function is not seen as a change. And that out of place phrase from section one about Diana is actually part of the text, in fact there are a few strange notes like that appearing throughout the book as paragraph headings or popping up in unusual places between sentences.
I've seen odd phrases popping up, they are usually the result of the formatting. Sometimes if you look at the text in another format they disappear.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I am confused. Seciton 8 you introduce as Chapter v subsection 4 which should be about the weather, but it is about kings.

I'm not sure I will be able to continue as DPL for this project. I don't seem to be able to connect with the correct text.

Sorry,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 1 PL OK :D

thanks,
aniroo

PS. It would be helpful to me if you would mark sections I've already heard and responded to as READY for SPOT PL. Then I'll know that I've already heard it and find my notes to listen only to those parts that needed editing. I'm working on a few projects and I appreciate knowing if I have to hear the entire sections or just parts of them.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 00 Preface PL OK

thanks,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PL NOTES: Section 8

Section 8 is incorrectly identified in the intro as Chapter 5 subsection 4. It is actually Chapter 3 subsection 4.

The rest of the section sounds good, so just fix the intro and it's OK> :D

aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #3 PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks,
aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

aniroo

Post by aniroo »

aniroo wrote: October 26th, 2019, 11:49 am

Section #3 PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks,
aniroo

Section #4 Pl Ok. :clap: (tempted to say "Bloody Alright!" but I refrained. :wink:

aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

sections 7 and 8 are ready for prooflistening. section 5 is still on its way after having a little trouble redoing part of it
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

niobium wrote: November 25th, 2019, 5:57 pm sections 7 and 8 are ready for prooflistening. section 5 is still on its way after having a little trouble redoing part of it
Sections 7 and 8 are Pl OK !! :D

Thanks,
aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

aniroo

Post by aniroo »

niobium wrote: December 6th, 2019, 9:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/thegoldenboughpart1themagicartvolume1_05_frazer_128kb.mp3
chapter 5 complete at 53 minutes

Sorry, it needs to be in the MW before I can PL it.
Thanks,
aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/thegoldenboughpart1themagicartvolume1_09_frazer_128kb.mp3

chapter 9 is complete at 50 minutes long. Section 5 is also ready for proof listening