Creating spreadsheet from LibriVox catalog

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
k5hsj

Post by k5hsj »

I’m interested in creating a spreadsheet of my contributions to the LibriVox catalog. Does anyone know how I might download data from the LibriVox website to import into Excel? Any help would be much appreciated!

Winston
Be kind. Be interesting. Be useful. Morality ain't hard.--Jack Butler, Living in Little Rock with Miss Little Rock
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What information do you want to include? Some info is much more easy than other info.

You can use the API, but it's pretty much indecipherable if you don't know how to use it. Info here: https://librivox.org/api/info and thread here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44129

(And no, I don't know how to use it.)

When you're logged into the workflow (magic window), you can get a list of all your projects here: https://librivox.org/projects/5694 and sort by "reader" column. (Or is this only for admins? Try it and see...)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You could try copying and pasting from your readers page and see what happens - I've never tried but it works for some other things . Takes some prettying up if it does work

Anne
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I just experimented; the LV reader's page entries are tab delineated, and you can display a hundred at a time. I found that copying the entries and loading into an empty LibreOffice spreadsheet worked perfectly well. You're going to need a bit of messing about to get rid of the information you don't need, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
k5hsj

Post by k5hsj »

Thanks Anne & Peter. I’ll give that a try. Certainly sounds more straightforward than trying to decipher the API, whatever that might be :D LibriVoxers to the rescue, as usual.

Winston
Be kind. Be interesting. Be useful. Morality ain't hard.--Jack Butler, Living in Little Rock with Miss Little Rock