[COMPLETE][Group/humorous essays] Hints to Pilgrims by Charles S. Brooks - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jnaudiollc

Post by jnaudiollc »

Kitty wrote: September 14th, 2019, 3:25 am
jnaudiollc wrote: September 13th, 2019, 11:35 amHi - here's #17, A Corner for Echoes, for review. 26:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_17_brooks_128kb.mp3
oh this was a quick turn-around, thank you so much, Jim. :) And I absolutely loved this chapter, with all the romantic, nostalgic reminiscences of childhood. :9: A wonderful ending to this collection. And your narration is absolutely fitting, lively and lovely to listen to. :thumbs:

I do have some small corrections to note down though:

> your recording is in Stereo, but we need it in Mono. I was surprised to notice that since you have already done other recordings, so I was sure you would know about this. But don't worry: no need to re-record it all, I'm sure you'll have a possibility to convert stereo to mono on your audio-programme. Do you use Audacity ? It's very easy to convert in that programme, I can give you a step-by-step if you need help.

> at 23:38: "progressed to the telegraph pole" - you say "telephone" I'm not sure if that's historically accurate and they already had telephones back then :?

> at 26:03: you forgot the final disclaimer of the book: "End of Hints to Pilgrims, by Charles Stephen Brooks. " This needs to be included because it's the last chapter of the project (mentioned under Point 6 in the first post)

Could you just spot-edit those two sentences and convert to Mono, then all is well. The rest was word-perfect and absolutely great. Please reupload with the exact same file name, then the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thank you

Sonia

Hi Sonia, So sorry for the errors here... that's what I get for trying to complete it before I went out of town! Anyway, I believe you'll find this one fixed those. (fingers crossed!) The new time is 26:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_17_brooks_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jnaudiollc wrote: September 15th, 2019, 2:30 pmHi Sonia, So sorry for the errors here... that's what I get for trying to complete it before I went out of town! Anyway, I believe you'll find this one fixed those. (fingers crossed!) The new time is 26:11
thank you, Jim, yes the errors are perfectly corrected and it's in Mono now :thumbs:

Absolutely PL ok :)

Sonia
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi--
I'd like to claim section 11. Thanks--
Anita
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anitazz wrote: September 17th, 2019, 5:37 pm Hi--
Anita
yes, thank you, Anita 8-) this makes us fully claimed for the moment, so I will move this project over to Readers found ! Looking forward to all your sections, guys.

Sonia
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_05_brooks_128kb.mp3

26:20

Thanks for introducing me to this writer. He's a hoot!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pyledriver wrote: September 20th, 2019, 3:25 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_05_brooks_128kb.mp3
26:20
Thanks for introducing me to this writer. He's a hoot!
"Martin Luther threw his inkpot, supposedly, at the devil. Is it not more likely that it was at Annie, who came to dust?" :lol: priceless !

I agree, Chris, Brooks is an excellently entertaining writer. You should listen to the two plays we did in the drama section. So funny. Luckily he has done two more books, so there will be plenty more to read from him. :9:

As to your section, it's wonderfully narrated and extremely funny. No doubt PL ok. Thank you so much, I can hear the enthusiasm in your voice and that makes the listening experience doubly nice.

Sonia
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Kitty wrote: September 18th, 2019, 12:05 am
Anitazz wrote: September 17th, 2019, 5:37 pm Hi--
Anita
yes, thank you, Anita 8-) this makes us fully claimed for the moment, so I will move this project over to Readers found ! Looking forward to all your sections, guys.

Sonia
Uploaded!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_11_brooks_128kb.mp3 (16:47)

Anita
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anitazz wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 9:41 amUploaded!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_11_brooks_128kb.mp3 (16:47)
Anita
thank you so much, Anita :) this section was again very entertaining. I loved the minute review of this circus magazine :lol:

And everything perfectly narrated again :thumbs: totally PL ok. Super.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chapter 15 recorded. Must edit. I love this author's style!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 1st, 2019, 11:19 amHere is chapter 15:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_15_brooks_128kb.mp3
awww :9: a romantic happy-ending, how sweet. I loved the old jester's voice, Todd, you were acting out all through the story. :thumbs: At a few points I really had to smirk, the constant asides were simply too funny.

Loved it all, and it's totally PL ok.

Thank you so much !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

My pleasure. I had a raspy voice yesterday morning and decided to make it a benefit instead of a liability.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Announcement: as I haven't heard from the reader since the day the section was claimed, and they haven't done a one-minute-test yet, I will re-open Section 10. "On finding a plot" back up for grabs. So if anybody is interested in another funny essay, now is your chance :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 11:36 pm Announcement: as I haven't heard from the reader since the day the section was claimed, and they haven't done a one-minute-test yet, I will re-open Section 10. "On finding a plot" back up for grabs. So if anybody is interested in another funny essay, now is your chance :)

Sonia
Me! Me! Pick me!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2019, 4:54 amMe! Me! Pick me!
:lol: can I resist this urgent call ?

thank you so much :9: looking forward to this !

Sonia