COMPLETE [DR] The Dialogues of the Sea-Gods, by Lucian - leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

In case anyone feels like doing some quick PLing: I've posted my own parts into the MW. If no DPL shows up I can do it, but of course, I will need someone to check my own work. ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Foon wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:15 am In case anyone feels like doing some quick PLing: I've posted my own parts into the MW. If no DPL shows up I can do it, but of course, I will need someone to check my own work. ;)
I'll happily PL your parts, Foon. The stage directions for dialogue 6 and the dialogues for Doris and her Nereid parts are all PL OK.

Near the end of dialogue 1, the word "with" from "But as for your cyclops, such as he is, with the rank odour of a he-goat" is omitted but it doesn't change the meaning of the passage.
~ Stefan V.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks so much Stefan! I'll check out that missing word when I have a quiet moment, but indeed it doesn't sound like a terrible omission. Thank you! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Moving us over to the Readers Wanted forum.
Leni
=================
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Leni!
Also, could you add me in as DPL? Might as well do it myself since Larry showed up as editor! :D

Readers needed:
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

I’ll do Enipeus, but I am not sure what is meant by the intro. Do you mean I should also record the LV preamble and the title of the dialogue etc?
Rob Marland reader section | website
Foon

Post by Foon »

RobMarland wrote: September 16th, 2019, 3:20 pm I’ll do Enipeus, but I am not sure what is meant by the intro. Do you mean I should also record the LV preamble and the title of the dialogue etc?
Hi Rob, welcome to the project! Enipeus is all yours.

Yes indeed, " + intro" means reading the LV section intro and outro. Since almost none of these dialogues have any stage directions or other things normally read by a narrator, it didn't make much sense to me to bring in a separate person to read those little blurbs only--so one of the participants in the dialogue gets to read them. :D So that includes the LV disclaimer and the dialogue title, as well as "end of dialogue #".

Readers needed:
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi! I'd like to claim Galateia (section 1). Thanks!
Anita
Foon

Post by Foon »

Anitazz wrote: September 17th, 2019, 6:07 am Hi! I'd like to claim Galateia (section 1). Thanks!
Anita
Thank you! All yours :thumbs:
Please make sure to read any lines for "Nereid(s)" as well :D

Readers needed:
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Foon wrote: September 17th, 2019, 8:28 am
Anitazz wrote: September 17th, 2019, 6:07 am Hi! I'd like to claim Galateia (section 1). Thanks!
Anita
I've uploaded dialogues 1 and 9. I added my initials for the Nereids, since you have multiple people recording them.... I didn't want to overwrite someone else's recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_galateia_01_128kb.mp3 (2:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_nereids_09_asm_128kb.mp3 (0:34)

Anita
Foon

Post by Foon »

Anitazz wrote: September 20th, 2019, 8:37 am
Foon wrote: September 17th, 2019, 8:28 am
Anita
I've uploaded dialogues 1 and 9. I added my initials for the Nereids, since you have multiple people recording them.... I didn't want to overwrite someone else's recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_galateia_01_128kb.mp3 (2:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_nereids_09_asm_128kb.mp3 (0:34)

Anita
Thank you!
For the Nereids I was thinking of having the files called by the character name (Galateia is one of the 4 Nereids that appear in these dialogues), but this works too :thumbs: Will PL soon!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Anitazz wrote: September 20th, 2019, 8:37 am

Anita
Both parts are PL OK, thanks so much! :thumbs:

Larry, that means the first dialogue (1) is ready to edit! :D

Readers needed:
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Foon

Post by Foon »

NemoR wrote: September 24th, 2019, 2:27 pm Cyclops for PL .... https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_cyclops_02_128kb.mp3

3:13
Excellent, thanks Nemo! PL OK :thumbs:
Poor Cyclops, getting blinded in his sleep... He's not really bright here, is he? :lol:

Readers needed:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I think I missed that the first dialogue was ready. . . .

Well, here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/dialoguesoftheseagods_01_lucian_128kb.mp3 5:01

(I have all of Poseidon recorded and will have it up soon).
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry