COMPLETE [Solo] Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I certainly did enjoy. Chapters 8 and 9 are marked PL OK.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Sorry for the delay in finishing Chapter 10 - and there will be another delay as I haven't recorded 11 yet.

We were away for a long weekend to celebrate our son-in-law Steve's 40th birthday - he wanted to go camping but Ritch, our son, didn't want to rough it so they compromised, glamping in a pod. We rented a cottage nearby and our eldest and his wife joined us. Our middle son camped for a couple of nights, and a couple of friends were also camping. It was a lovely time - shorter than we intended because our middle son announced that our daughter-in-law had to go back to work on the Monday and our grand-daughter didn't start back at school until the Wednesday - so would we please look after her Tuesday!

Now we have a couple of weeks before we go to Spain for an activity holiday with a group of sailing friends. Will Holly (our cat) forgive us again? I hope so!

Anyway, here is the chapter
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_10_trollope_128kb.mp3 31:06.

I presume that you are not affected by the hurricane, being on the opposite side of the country?
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

You are certainly enjoying your summer! So glad!

There is an extra "only" at 9:45 in Chapter X, if you want to remove it, although "only" is clearly implied by that sentence.

You are right that the hurricane does not affect us here, except for deliveries from that part of the country which are delayed. We don't have hurricanes here. I supposed technically we could have typhoons, but I've never known us to have one. We're also almost entirely free of tornadoes, ice storms, and blizzards. Volcanoes and earthquakes are our hazards, and as they occur so much less frequently than weather disturbances, I am happy to trade.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Sorry about that - I obviously saw what I expected, not what was there!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_10_trollope_128kb.mp3

I believe it is now corrected.

I hope I shall have time to edit Chapter 9 - but we have a packed week including going with friends to see Downton Abbey at the cinema, and a fund-raising quiz, as well as the normal activities, before we go to Spain tomorrow week with some sailing friends. What it is to be retired!

Hope you still enjoy your work.

With best wishes

Nick
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Not Chapter 9 - Chapter 11!

We are back and beginning to settle into more normal routine. Our holiday was enjoyable - but marred by large numbers of mosquitoes, and fewer cockroaches and house crickets.

Here is Chapter 11 at last.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_11_trollope_128kb.mp3 40:17.4

Hope all is well with you.
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I am also returning from traveling--to see my daughter's new home in Colorado Springs.

Chapters 11 and 12 were a great break from my routine this morning. Thank you! Marked PL OK.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

That sounds a lovely trip you had.

Our clocks have now gone back and it is distinctly autumnal. We had a lovely walk in the grounds of a stately home - Knole - on Wednesday, with sun and lovely coloured leaves (although paling into insignificance compared to what you experience) and several deer. Now we are having strong winds and rain!

Here is Chjapter 13
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_13_trollope_128kb.mp3 28:55.5.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

It has been a beautiful fall here--the best color and weather that most people can remember. One evening in particular, when the clouds were very black just before sunset, but no rain was falling, the sun suddenly emerged below the edge of the clouds. Every red and gold tree, instead of appearing to reflect the sunlight, seemed to be glowing from within. It was glorious!

Chapter 13 has an omission that sounds like some extra editing. At 20:21, the phrase "and conducted herself" is missing.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

You are quite right, I cut that phrase off accidentally while editing the section.

Here it is

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_13_trollope_128kb.mp3

I hope you continue to enjoy the colours.
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 14

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_14_trollope_128kb.mp3 34:39.3

Sorry it has taken a little while, but I have been trying to support Helen who has sciatica. She is on medication and is considerably better, but the doctor warned that it coiuld take 6 - 12 weeks!

Hope all is well with you

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Six to twelve weeks! That's a long haul, and through the holidays, too. I am so sorry.

Chapter 14 is PL OK. That was quite a lecture we got about fair pay for clergymen!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_15_trollope_128kb.mp3 25 14.5

Helen is much better already - out of pain. The physio has said she can swim and do everything she would normally do, other than lift.
A great blessing.

Now my back is giving me problems - but nothing like as bad; just muscle strain. I have to do a lot of stretches, which takes a lot of time but is worth it.

Enjoy the chapter - a little more moralising!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 15 is marked PL OK. Sorry that took so long. Somehow the email slipped by me. Not a huge surprise with everything going on the past few weeks. By tomorrow the music rehearsals will be done, the presents wrapped and the meals all planned. Only the enjoyment of the festivities will be left. How did we coordinate all these things prior to email? We must have spent hours on the phone!

Glad to hear that Helen is doing much better, and hoping you are also mending.

Merry Christmas to you both!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi Arlene

Sorry about the delay - Christmas was good, but marked by virus and post-viral lag that went into the new year. We were with our eldest and nothing spoilt our time - but they wouldn't let us lift a finger to help (John's comment was that he had to project manage at work and didn't want to have to at home! Helen's comment that she liked this care home! and since then life has also kicked in with a vengeance.

Here is the belated Chapter 16 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_16_trollope_128kb.mp3 34:42.8

I hope you enjoy it.