[COMPLETE][Group/humorous essays] Hints to Pilgrims by Charles S. Brooks - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jnaudiollc

Post by jnaudiollc »

Hello, may I claim chapter 17, Echoes, please?

Thanks!

Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jnaudiollc wrote: September 13th, 2019, 8:49 am Hello, may I claim chapter 17, Echoes, please?
hi Jim, welcome to the project, and yes, I can assign the section to your name. I hope you're having fun recording (seems to be a comeback after a short hiatus)

thank you

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jnaudiollc

Post by jnaudiollc »

Hi - here's #17, A Corner for Echoes, for review. 26:06

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_17_brooks_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jnaudiollc wrote: September 13th, 2019, 11:35 amHi - here's #17, A Corner for Echoes, for review. 26:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_17_brooks_128kb.mp3
oh this was a quick turn-around, thank you so much, Jim. :) And I absolutely loved this chapter, with all the romantic, nostalgic reminiscences of childhood. :9: A wonderful ending to this collection. And your narration is absolutely fitting, lively and lovely to listen to. :thumbs:

I do have some small corrections to note down though:

> your recording is in Stereo, but we need it in Mono. I was surprised to notice that since you have already done other recordings, so I was sure you would know about this. But don't worry: no need to re-record it all, I'm sure you'll have a possibility to convert stereo to mono on your audio-programme. Do you use Audacity ? It's very easy to convert in that programme, I can give you a step-by-step if you need help.

> at 23:38: "progressed to the telegraph pole" - you say "telephone" I'm not sure if that's historically accurate and they already had telephones back then :?

> at 26:03: you forgot the final disclaimer of the book: "End of Hints to Pilgrims, by Charles Stephen Brooks. " This needs to be included because it's the last chapter of the project (mentioned under Point 6 in the first post)

Could you just spot-edit those two sentences and convert to Mono, then all is well. The rest was word-perfect and absolutely great. Please reupload with the exact same file name, then the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thank you

Sonia
nidhivox336

Post by nidhivox336 »

Hello! This will be my first recording. I was hoping that section 16 is still available to be recorded. You can just write my name as Nidhi. :D
dfrakk

Post by dfrakk »

I was looking around at what is available. I would like to claim the section named "Who is Jeremy" if it still available. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

nidhivox336 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 2:38 pmHello! This will be my first recording. I was hoping that section 16 is still available to be recorded. You can just write my name as Nidhi. :D
hello Nidhi, welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in this project :D

I will reserve you section 16 for the time being.

However before you start recording such a long chapter, we always highly recommend doing a one-minute test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all the details about it in your welcome mail and also here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post your test in a new thread in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test received an OK, please post the results back here, and then I will assign you the sections officially and also open your personal reader page.

I will reserve Section 16 for you for one month initially, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test ! Glad to have you on board. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dfrakk wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:09 pmI was looking around at what is available. I would like to claim the section named "Who is Jeremy" if it still available. :D
hey Duncan ! I remember I checked your test a while back ! 8-) Thank you for taking part here, I will assign Jeremy to you. (not to be confused with John Locke from "Lost" :lol: - if you haven't seen the series, you won't know what I'm talking about)

Sonia
nidhivox336

Post by nidhivox336 »

Kitty wrote: September 15th, 2019, 12:32 am
nidhivox336 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 2:38 pmHello! This will be my first recording. I was hoping that section 16 is still available to be recorded. You can just write my name as Nidhi. :D
hello Nidhi, welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in this project :D

I will reserve you section 16 for the time being.

However before you start recording such a long chapter, we always highly recommend doing a one-minute test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all the details about it in your welcome mail and also here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post your test in a new thread in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test received an OK, please post the results back here, and then I will assign you the sections officially and also open your personal reader page.

I will reserve Section 16 for you for one month initially, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test ! Glad to have you on board. 8-)

Sonia
Thank you so much~! I'll give it my best shot!
dfrakk

Post by dfrakk »

Kitty wrote: September 15th, 2019, 12:34 am
dfrakk wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:09 pmI was looking around at what is available. I would like to claim the section named "Who is Jeremy" if it still available. :D
hey Duncan ! I remember I checked your test a while back ! 8-) Thank you for taking part here, I will assign Jeremy to you. (not to be confused with John Locke from "Lost" :lol: - if you haven't seen the series, you won't know what I'm talking about)

Sonia
Good morning Sonia, I was a lost fan back in the day. John Locke aka the smoke monster. I was reading the section and I thought it would be fun to read. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dfrakk wrote: September 15th, 2019, 4:20 amI was a lost fan back in the day.
oh, me too :9: though I was disappointed in the ending season.

Sonia
dfrakk

Post by dfrakk »

Kitty wrote: September 15th, 2019, 5:28 am
dfrakk wrote: September 15th, 2019, 4:20 amI was a lost fan back in the day.
oh, me too :9: though I was disappointed in the ending season.

Sonia
Yes it seems they just did not know the direction they wanted to go with the story....so when in doubt go with a dream sequence.
dfrakk

Post by dfrakk »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow that was a fast turn-around. Thank you so much, Frank (sorry I called you Duncan before, didn't realize that was your second name :oops: )
dfrakk wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:18 am chapter 14 complete
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_14_brooks_128kb.mp3
this chapter was extremely hilarious. :lol: He makes it sound like he is a totally ignorant person in all matters. I loved your lively narration, I bet you had fun doing this one.

In any case, it's totally PL ok :clap: Happy to have you in the project !

Sonia
dfrakk

Post by dfrakk »

Kitty wrote: September 15th, 2019, 9:07 am wow that was a fast turn-around. Thank you so much, Frank (sorry I called you Duncan before, didn't realize that was your second name :oops: )
dfrakk wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:18 am chapter 14 complete
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_14_brooks_128kb.mp3
this chapter was extremely hilarious. :lol: He makes it sound like he is a totally ignorant person in all matters. I loved your lively narration, I bet you had fun doing this one.

In any case, it's totally PL ok :clap: Happy to have you in the project !

Sonia
Thank you Sonia, it was definitely a lot of fun to narrate. :)